Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-19, 04:12 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Love the height setting of you and your friend's car. Kinda wish I didn't go with the kit and avoided all the clearance hassles associated.
Old 12-23-19, 11:31 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I'm still having issues with the stereo and static/interference. I pulled my existing pioneer out to check all the wiring and decided to install a newer unit I had sitting on my shelf. New unit in the center console and old unit on the floor.

My harness:

Chopped up a metra unit since my old one cracked during removal

Finally have bluetooth in this car.

Gave my friend a ride to go pick up his GS. Those OEM GS-F brake pads on his car are no joke. I gave him the wheels 2 weeks ago, and the fronts look like they're black chrome.

Originally Posted by Zerodrag
Love the height setting of you and your friend's car. Kinda wish I didn't go with the kit and avoided all the clearance hassles associated.
I'm considering raising the car another 1/8" in the front and 1/4" in the rear to where I had the heights before the coilovers were broken in.

Old 12-24-19, 03:39 PM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen your car in person and attention to detail is awesome.
Old 12-24-19, 05:50 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SickSC3
I've seen your car in person and attention to detail is awesome.
Thanks man, I'm curious where you spotted the car, Was it at a car event or out in the wild?

Is your SC out here in CA? I still remember looking at pics of your car when I first got my car thinking one day I'll have wheels that nice. lol
Old 12-25-19, 11:13 AM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Thanks man, I'm curious where you spotted the car, Was it at a car event or out in the wild?

Is your SC out here in CA? I still remember looking at pics of your car when I first got my car thinking one day I'll have wheels that nice. lol

Both actually. Up close in person at JCCS in LBC and out in the wild in Pico Rivera. You were going the opposite direction from me on Rosemead Blvd right before Washington Blvd.

Unfortunately my car is in Chicago sitting under the covers. I've gone through so many wheels. But you now own a set of some sick wheels. Loving the HRE tho. You don't see anyone rocking them in the SC or Lexus community.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Old 12-25-19, 11:57 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Both actually. Up close in person at JCCS in LBC and out in the wild in Pico Rivera. You were going the opposite direction from me on Rosemead Blvd right before Washington Blvd.

Unfortunately my car is in Chicago sitting under the covers. I've gone through so many wheels. But you now own a set of some sick wheels. Loving the HRE tho. You don't see anyone rocking them in the SC or Lexus community.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I think I know which day you spotted me since I'm not in Pico often. Most likely I was leaving Crimson Coward and heading over to DND interiors. I was with another white SC and a widebody ES.

If you go to JCCS this year, stop by and say what's up. We usually setup our tent behind the SC.

The wheels I had in my mind were your work d3s (I think thats the name). My friend Vinh still looks at pictures of your car on CCW classics trying to justify buying a brand new set.

HRE flowform wheels are more popular in the lexus community, especially among the F guys. The older models like mine are hard to find in 5x114.3 since the only people who would buy them owned a NSX. My 18" polished set came off a NSX and I rebuilt them to SC sizes. My 19" brushed set was from a 350z on the east coast.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Old 12-25-19, 12:22 PM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

I think I know which day you spotted me since I'm not in Pico often. Most likely I was leaving Crimson Coward and heading over to DND interiors. I was with another white SC and a widebody ES.
Crimson Coward!

you go to JCCS this year, stop by and say what's up. We usually setup our tent behind the SC.
You guys were no where to be found this year lol

wheels I had in my mind were your work d3s (I think thats the name). My friend Vinh still looks at pictures of your car on CCW classics trying to justify buying a brand new set.
Yes, Work D3S (inspired by 180sx picture I found), but if i could have done it diffrently I would have gotten a set of used Leon Hardiritt Waffe back then, in 18s. Only because Work D3S are 2pc welded. Love CCW Classics, but for sure cost an arm and a leg brand new. I have a set off CCW Classic Race Version. Not really sure if they still offer them. Comparing mine in person with Dmitry (97-SC-300) is the obvious, more rivets (bolt holes) and they are more concave which will not clear BBK/ TT brakes, but fits perfectly on stock sc300 brakes. I was lucky enough to find a local guy selling them.

flowform wheels are more popular in the lexus community, especially among the F guys. The older models like mine are hard to find in 5x114.3 since the only people who would buy them owned a NSX. My 18" polished set came off a NSX and I rebuilt them to SC sizes. My 19" brushed set was from a 350z on the east coast.
Flowform is the new wave.

Old 12-25-19, 12:37 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

You guys were no where to be found this year lol

Yes, Work D3S (inspired by 180sx picture I found), but if i could have done it diffrently I would have gotten a set of used Leon Hardiritt Waffe back then, in 18s. Only because Work D3S are 2pc welded. Love CCW Classics, but for sure cost an arm and a leg brand new. I have a set off CCW Classic Race Version. Not really sure if they still offer them. Comparing mine in person with Dmitry (97-SC-300) is the obvious, more rivets (bolt holes) and they are more concave which will not clear BBK/ TT brakes, but fits perfectly on stock sc300 brakes. I was lucky enough to find a local guy selling them.
We were probably all at lunch. I think we took a 2-3 hour lunch because I made reservations at 11:30 and when we get back it was awards. lol

I don't think the race versions are available anymore. I'm not sure if the twisted classics are either.

I can't hate on HRE for offering flow form. They're still a business and have to make sales, plus they fill the market of light weight wheels in non-aggressive sizing. Advan, Rays, and Weds is almost all aggressive or super sunk. There is no middle ground.
Old 12-25-19, 12:49 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
I agree with Dar. All the wheel options you've tried with your car are great, but NOTHING comes even close to looking as good as those 3-piece HRE's. One of my favorite wheels hands down.
Old 12-25-19, 01:20 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I agree with Dar. All the wheel options you've tried with your car are great, but NOTHING comes even close to looking as good as those 3-piece HRE's. One of my favorite wheels hands down.
I agree with you. The 18" polished set is the one set of wheels I'll never sell.

All the other wheels, I buy them knowing I won't keep them. They're usually stupid good deals from someone that is desperate for money. I buy them to help them out, use them for a couple months, and get rid of them.
The following users liked this post:
97-SC300 (12-25-19)
Old 12-28-19, 10:48 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I got some ground loop isolaters for the audio system to remove any feedback from the electrical system. The noise I have is 90% gone, but its still there slightly. More than likely my RCA cables are damaged somewhere probably from rubbing.

Also, hit 200k yesterday evening while turning on to my street.

RudysSC (12-30-19)
Old 12-29-19, 10:02 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

Also, hit 200k yesterday evening while turning on to my street.
My '98 hit 199,900 on yesterday's trip.
RudysSC (12-30-19)
Old 01-13-20, 07:17 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Gave the car a much needed fluid change and inspection. The faded oil filter is the last filter from the original box I bought with the car. lol

One of my friends gave me his passenger seat rails, so I could install the recaros temporarily until mine show up.

The last pair of A pillar trims before they were discontinued. The packaging is so old it doesn't even look like the modern boxes

This past Saturday was the official 12 year mark since I signed the paperwork and took the SC home from the dealer.
Old 01-14-20, 09:02 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I wish you'd part with that A-pillar trim, I'd take it off your hands.

Shane

Old 01-14-20, 07:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SSmith
I wish you'd part with that A-pillar trim, I'd take it off your hands.

Shane
The brand new ones are Black, not the factory brown. I'm still undecided if I want to convert my interior to black, so I'm keeping everything for the time being.

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build