Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-20, 08:57 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 234 Likes on 214 Posts

Austin Mini's were as common as VW Bugs where I grew up -- didn't fully appreciate them until they were long gone and replaced by the new, non-mini Mini -- but I've never seen a Mini pickup. That's very cool. Get some loading ramps and you could "trailer" it to meets in the back of one of the full-sizes.
Old 06-16-20, 09:12 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Great shots man. I love the variety, and I love you guys out there supporting your buddy's (assumed) shop/business with the door logos.
Old 06-16-20, 06:05 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by t2d2
Austin Mini's were as common as VW Bugs where I grew up -- didn't fully appreciate them until they were long gone and replaced by the new, non-mini Mini -- but I've never seen a Mini pickup. That's very cool. Get some loading ramps and you could "trailer" it to meets in the back of one of the full-sizes.
I didn't even know it was real until I saw it in person. We're going to attempt to load it on to the denali next time for photos.

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Great shots man. I love the variety, and I love you guys out there supporting your buddy's (assumed) shop/business with the door logos.
It's not a real a shop, but we support like it is. lol
The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
KahnBB6 (06-24-20), RudysSC (06-19-20)
Old 06-16-20, 07:13 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That little truck is awesome! I’ve never seen one before.
Old 06-17-20, 07:25 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

The close-up of the Mini pickup is amazing. Look how far out the presumably standard 4-bolt lug pattern is on those tiny wheels. The mirrors look like they're a mile away, but they're probably in arm's reach! What's the towing capacity?
Old 06-17-20, 05:47 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by t2d2
The close-up of the Mini pickup is amazing. Look how far out the presumably standard 4-bolt lug pattern is on those tiny wheels. The mirrors look like they're a mile away, but they're probably in arm's reach! What's the towing capacity?
I want to say the wheels are 10" diameter and the truck makes something like 98 hp. He uses it daily to go to home depot and buy things for his business, so it's a true work horse. lol

Old 06-22-20, 05:59 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Almost all my parts are delayed again. Not that surprising, but still disappointing.

My CF trims are delayed because the mold got damaged. I have to wait for a new mold to be made.

The shipment I was expecting today is currently under quarantine. The warehouse had a covid-19 outbreak, so they shut things down to disinfect everything.

But 1 package did arrive over the weekend. I've been waiting for about 2 months.

It's a custom fit Covercraft Noah.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (06-24-20)
Old 06-24-20, 01:51 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Blkexcoupe, that cover looks nice! Does this one fit over our factory rear wings?
Old 06-24-20, 05:36 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That car cover is awesome! It looks like it fits in there pretty well.
Old 06-24-20, 07:05 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Blkexcoupe, that cover looks nice! Does this one fit over our factory rear wings?
Notice the box says '97-00 ... I assume it's tightly tailored to fit the later style spoiler, which sits up higher than your year. I wouldn't think the rest of the '97+ body kit changes dimensions significantly, unless it pulls in tight against the side skirts and would hang too loose without them? I dunno, though, looking at the picture, it doesn't look super snug in either area, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work for all years.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (06-24-20)
Old 06-24-20, 08:27 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

My car has the factory wing, The cover is designed to be just wide enough to slide over the front and rear bumpers at it's widest points. It's a tight fit when installing it. I believe the side skirt area should tuck in if I were to install the lock.

I haven't looked at it in much detail because shortly after I took that picture, I removed the cover and threw it in my trunk. I had to cut some holes in the drywall to access water pipes, so it made a mess of my garage. .
Old 06-24-20, 09:49 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 148 Posts

dang i just went through your first like 5 pages. What luck you have had with the SC. I'm lucky to have maybe scratched mine once.

Awesome build bud
Old 06-24-20, 07:00 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by silentkill
dang i just went through your first like 5 pages. What luck you have had with the SC. I'm lucky to have maybe scratched mine once.

Awesome build bud
TBH, I forgot a lot of that stuff happened until I wrote this build thread. lol
Old 06-28-20, 01:46 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I gave up on waiting for the CF dash trim to show up. Started my black dash swap.

Somethings to note...
1. Remember to lower the steering wheel all the way before disconnecting the battery
2. There are 4 8mm bolts that hold the harness on the front side of the dash (facing you inside the car)
3. There are 6 clips in the rear of the dash (glass side) that slide off the dash if you pry and push down
4. Remove the bar that holds the passenger airbag, it'll make sliding the dash on and off so much easier
5. Don't forget about the screws that hold the air ducts together (1 on each side of the car)
6. Start the dash removal on the passenger side, not the driver. The panels lay over each other and starts with glove box removal first.

Started off by going to the local bolt store to buy M8x1.25 x 100mm bolts to pull the steering wheel off. Ran into Kevin while I was there

Came home and found my assistant taking a nap

Started on the driver side and realized the way the panels are laid into the car, that the glove box goes in last, so has to come out first.

Middle level panels all out

Everything out

My existing air vent was cracked due to me using a cell phone mount, so I've been collecting spares. Broke number 1 while taking it out of the box and dropping it on the floor.

Broke vent #2, by dropping the dash on the shifter

Vent #3 (also my final vent)

Installed my brand new A pillar trims. Notice that they're matte black compared to all the used panels which are glossy.

Called it quits here because I couldn't get the airbag out of the new steering wheel.

Next morning, finally was able to get the bolts to lock into the retainer allowing me to remove the airbag

Everything is almost done, I decide to hook up the battery and make sure all the switches work, no airbag lights, and double check the car still works.

All the switches work, no airbag lights, but the car won't start. I notice the immobilizer light doesn't turn off, so I look around and find this thing

The immobilizer decoder was still unplugged and I couldn't find the other side without removing all the panels. At this point, I'm cursing and laughing/crying. Called it quits with the car.

Middle of the night, decide to go play with the car, I remove everything in hopes of finding access to the plug. Finally find it, connect it, connect the battery, and fire it up. I'm good to go.

That's how the car currently sits.
Old 06-28-20, 08:14 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

It's supposed to rain tonight, so the weather was nice and cool unlike the last 2 days. Decided to get it all put back together.

I need to pull the CF vinyl off the passenger door trims. My passenger seat is supposed to come back next week.

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build