Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-20, 08:22 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmek998
Wow. Those lights are awesome! Work look to be top notch! Nice ride!
Thank you

Got my tires mounted

I can't decide which ones I like more...

Did a quick test fit

The fenders are basically sitting on the tire, so the car will need some work to fit.

Project Soaristo got it's wheels this week too, but we went with 295/35/18 rears

10 years apart...
Old 08-16-20, 10:24 AM
swyyyguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol nice wheels all around
Old 08-16-20, 03:19 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by swyyyguy
lol nice wheels all around
We've been talking about getting CCW classics since we were 20-21. We said if one of us bought it, the other would buy it too, but life always got in the way. House remodel was always more important than a set of wheels for our garage queens. Last year, my friend said after his wedding he is finally pulling the trigger on a set. I tried to time the order so he would have them around the same time as his wedding, but it didn't work out.

It took more than a decade, but we knocked off one of our "dreams" for our younger selves.
The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
Kira X (04-22-21), RudysSC (08-17-20)
Old 08-16-20, 07:04 PM
swyyyguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
We've been talking about getting CCW classics since we were 20-21. We said if one of us bought it, the other would buy it too, but life always got in the way. House remodel was always more important than a set of wheels for our garage queens. Last year, my friend said after his wedding he is finally pulling the trigger on a set. I tried to time the order so he would have them around the same time as his wedding, but it didn't work out.

It took more than a decade, but we knocked off one of our "dreams" for our younger selves.
haha, i'm the same way man. i'm over 30 years old now and i haven't had a "fun" car since high school. now that i have my career going and have a little bit more money, i'm itching to get back into the import scene. time to knock off some of my dreams for my young self too!
Old 08-18-20, 01:47 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by swyyyguy
haha, i'm the same way man. i'm over 30 years old now and i haven't had a "fun" car since high school. now that i have my career going and have a little bit more money, i'm itching to get back into the import scene. time to knock off some of my dreams for my young self too!
It's a good feeling to accomplish something you dreamed about, no matter how big or small it is.

My friend was having a professional photoshoot for his supra not too far from me, so I decided to meet up with him to give him some parts. It was my first time driving at night with the new lights.

My friend's supra. These pictures are from my cellphone, so they're not that great.

When they finished shooting his car, they asked if I wanted photos of mine since they were already setup.

My other friend drove down to come hang out too, but he got lost and did his own photoshoot.

Old 08-25-20, 05:40 AM
FL450
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I’m loving the CCW’s on your cars. Well done sir!

What size fronts is the black car running? Did he go with SS, PS2, 4?
Old 08-25-20, 08:48 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FL450
I’m loving the CCW’s on your cars. Well done sir!

What size fronts is the black car running? Did he go with SS, PS2, 4?
18x10 265/35/18 Michelin PS2 on the black SC

18x10 275/35/18 Pirelli P Zero Rosso on the black supra
Old 08-25-20, 02:09 PM
FL450
Driver

Thank you sir. That’s the exact setup I was planning when my TE’s arrive, 265/295. Difficult to find any forum pics or info these days with the photobucket nonsense.

Last edited by FL450; 08-25-20 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-25-20, 08:33 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Thank you sir. That’s the exact setup I was planning when my TE’s arrive, 265/295. Difficult to find any forum pics or info these days with the photobucket nonsense.
Did you buy the "Supra spec" TE37 from the recent order that has been for sale in the FB groups?

Most of the off the shelf sizes are too aggressive for our cars to run fat tires. Unless you can located an old set of "OG" te37 in the more conservative offsets.
Old 08-26-20, 04:15 AM
FL450
Driver

I found a thread on Supraforums back in April, Titan was doing a group buy for 10 sets of of Saga’s in the new Supra fitment. This is the first run, and I’ve always wanted a set of TE- had to jump on the opportunity.

The new sizing is 9.5 +38 / 10.5 + 42. Just a few mm more aggressive than the previous runs over the years of OG’s. To my understanding the shipment is still delayed, was suppose to originally be June but with all this COVID stuff going on I’m sure it’ll be a few more months.
Old 08-26-20, 07:38 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I found a thread on Supraforums back in April, Titan was doing a group buy for 10 sets of of Saga’s in the new Supra fitment. This is the first run, and I’ve always wanted a set of TE- had to jump on the opportunity.

The new sizing is 9.5 +38 / 10.5 + 42. Just a few mm more aggressive than the previous runs over the years of OG’s. To my understanding the shipment is still delayed, was suppose to originally be June but with all this COVID stuff going on I’m sure it’ll be a few more months.
I don't think I've seen those sizes offered in the Sagas before this. They did a run with the SL not too long ago.

Every set of volks I've ordered in the last year has been about a 6+ month wait. They were saying the demand has been so high with people being at home that as soon as a container arrives, they all ship out to customers.
Old 08-26-20, 05:05 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I got my photos from my friend's photographer and it was amazing. I might have to have this printed once I get the high resolution.

Old 09-14-20, 11:34 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I bought a new (to me) camera setup a few weeks ago. I'm still getting used to it.

My friends wanted to get away from all the smoke and ash, so they have been cruising down to where I'm at.

We pulled over to shoot some photos, but I was only able to take a couple before the cops showed up.

Nick wanted to go to cars and coffee on Saturday, so we all met up and cruised down

Couple of interesting cars I saw out there

Brian's SC was still on jackstands, so he took his G37

Some shots of Nick's SC since I have a bunch of pictures of the other two. lol

We stopped by fashion island in newport beach to have lunch. There was a Pagani Huayra there, but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of it.

Letting my friend borrow my polished 18" hre while his wheels are getting worked on, so I threw the 19" brushed set on

I'm tempted to order srt8 brakes now

Old 09-15-20, 06:06 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Always looking great! Your quarter window trim is looking like mine with the paint fading. I had thought it was a separate piece so looked into replacing it, until they told me it was all one piece along with the window.

I've been driving mine more this last few weeks, now that my universal car cover is toast and the smoky air with high temps has exceeded my laziness. Someday, I will see one of you guys on the road.
Old 09-15-20, 10:10 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zerodrag
Always looking great! Your quarter window trim is looking like mine with the paint fading. I had thought it was a separate piece so looked into replacing it, until they told me it was all one piece along with the window.

I've been driving mine more this last few weeks, now that my universal car cover is toast and the smoky air with high temps has exceeded my laziness. Someday, I will see one of you guys on the road.
Thanks. My window trim isn't too bad yet. When it gets bad, I'll probably black out the entire window trim.

I forget, which part of so cal are you in?

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build