Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-22, 06:34 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 437 Likes on 360 Posts

Both cars looks great! How are you liking the GS350 so far?
Old 03-02-22, 01:10 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,206 Likes on 835 Posts

Congrats on the GS - super nice cruiser. And the SC looks stunning as always!
Old 03-03-22, 08:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Both cars looks great! How are you liking the GS350 so far?
I like it a lot. I wish I could drive it more often, but it's been surprisingly more expensive to own than I thought it would be when it comes to insurance and maintenance. I was looking at the service history and the brakes have been replaced every 15k miles.

I was talking to my friend who is a service advisor, and he said the car eats brakes and tires.

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Congrats on the GS - super nice cruiser. And the SC looks stunning as always!
Thank you.
Old 03-04-22, 09:16 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Talking

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I like it a lot. I wish I could drive it more often, but it's been surprisingly more expensive to own than I thought it would be when it comes to insurance and maintenance. I was looking at the service history and the brakes have been replaced every 15k miles.

I was talking to my friend who is a service advisor, and he said the car eats brakes and tires.

Thank you.
I’m happy to hear you like it. They’re awesome cars, especially the refreshed ones like yours. I didn’t know they ate brakes like that or that maintenance got pricey. I figure the brakes and tires would last longer than they do on the GS-F or the other F cars but that’s about the same.
Old 03-05-22, 06:17 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I’m happy to hear you like it. They’re awesome cars, especially the refreshed ones like yours. I didn’t know they ate brakes like that or that maintenance got pricey. I figure the brakes and tires would last longer than they do on the GS-F or the other F cars but that’s about the same.
The tires are common on most modern lexus. They come with an aggressive alignment from the factory.
Old 03-05-22, 02:13 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

The tires are common on most modern lexus. They come with an aggressive alignment from the factory.
Oh! That’s pretty interesting! Is there anything you can do to prevent the excessive tire wear?
Old 03-05-22, 07:19 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Oh! That’s pretty interesting! Is there anything you can do to prevent the excessive tire wear?
Swap out to aftermarket suspension arms to adjust the camber and make the car run a bit less.
Old 03-06-22, 01:00 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Talking

Swap out to aftermarket suspension arms to adjust the camber and make the car run a bit less.
That’s a good enough reason to get those fancy adjustable arms but that stuff is always expensive on the GS. It’s crazy how pricey suspension parts can get on the GS/LS, but I don’t have much knowledge on the 4GS.

It’s interesting that newer Lexus run so much camber now and burn through tires fast. One of my friends from Lexus mentioned this about my sisters IS350.
Old 04-20-22, 06:08 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Not much has changed, but I found this picture of Nick and I rolling into JCCS last year.

The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
Barbary (06-23-22), RudysSC (04-22-22)
Old 05-08-22, 08:19 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

It's been a while since I've done a photo dump in here.

Parker messaged me when he was in CA asking if I knew who owns the white SC on ccw classics, and the very next day this happened.

Luckily, everyone was safe, but the ball joint snapped on my friends bell raceworks LCA and damaged my CCW classics pretty badly. It shaved the whole inside barrel of my wheels.

I called one of my friends at CCW, and he told me how lucky I was because they had 1 left in their warehouse and they had no intentions of producing more. The barrel has been sitting at their place since 2019.

While my friend was driving on my ccw, he curbed one of the rear wheels too, so I sent that out to go get fixed. Sucks, but he's covering the bill for all the damages and he's safe, so that is all that matters.

My HRE are still good, it's the only set I actually care about. lol

I'm currently driving a 2020 RC350. I was thinking it would be just like my GS, but right off the bat there were so many things that annoyed me. The GS handles better, acceleration is more responsive, and I think the brakes are a little better. If any of you were trying to decide RC or GS, I would say GS all the way. I shouldn't be complaining though, I got a free car for the weekend with a full tank of gas. lol

Spotted this car, and I had to stop and take a picture.

Old 05-08-22, 09:29 AM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

Glad everyone was safe. Scary to have that happen on the road. Funny about the 8.5” barrel cause CCW told me a few months back I got the last one! Lol

Did it arrive a little nicked up? Mine were covered in gummy old tape and had little scratches here and there…?

Was your GS at the dealer?

Nick
The following users liked this post:
Bimmerbill (05-09-22)
Old 05-08-22, 11:21 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLass of 1
Glad everyone was safe. Scary to have that happen on the road. Funny about the 8.5” barrel cause CCW told me a few months back I got the last one! Lol

Did it arrive a little nicked up? Mine were covered in gummy old tape and had little scratches here and there…?

Was your GS at the dealer?

Nick
At first, he told me there was no more, but he found it after digging around. Yeah, barrels always come like that. No matter who you buy it from. When they're stored they're all just stacked on top of each other.

RC is a company car that's been sitting. My boss told me to go put some miles on it since I have the furthest commute. GS is at work in a secured parking structure.
Old 05-09-22, 08:29 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

I’m glad your friend was alright and that you’re getting your CCW’s fixed. That silver RC350 looks really good but the GS is the superior car in my opinion. Definitely a fun car, despite being slow and heavy.
Old 05-10-22, 01:05 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,206 Likes on 835 Posts

Glad everything got worked out ok and that your friend is safe. Also, VERY cool to see the LFA photo. I've still never seen one in person.
Old 06-22-22, 06:29 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Cleaned the car up to go to HRE Open House last weekend.

Polished the wheels up.

Morning of the event

Some of the cars at the event

Every time I see this setup on IG, it makes me want to buy a bbk.

Of all the cars, this was my favorite.

Maybe it's because deep down, I still love my 90's hondas. lol

It's kind of cool, you can walk around the factory and see wheels at different production stages.

1 Photo of my car before I left

Contents of the gift bag. My favorite item is the HRE branded disposable gloves.

The following 3 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
Kira X (06-22-22), RudysSC (06-23-22), t2d2 (06-23-22)

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build