Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My indecisive 98 SC300 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-22, 09:48 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by CLass of 1
Those wheels are looking tasty! I really like the forged F Sport wheels for the GS. But, you’re Mr. Custom Wheels so I expect nothing less from you! Lol

Nick
Which kind are you referring to when you say forged F Sport wheels?

I originally wanted to get GS-F wheels, but the price wasn't worth it to me.
Old 11-13-22, 04:07 AM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Which kind are you referring to when you say forged F Sport wheels?

These:

Nick
Old 12-11-22, 09:38 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I guess I shot myself in the foot by saying that.

Old 12-11-22, 09:51 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

A very nice ackquistion. Are they staggered?
Bill
Old 12-11-22, 01:16 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bimmerbill
A very nice ackquistion. Are they staggered?
Bill
Yes, I'll probably test fit them on my SC sooner or later.

19x9+50 255/35/19 Front
19x10+41 275/35/19 Rear
The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
Bimmerbill (12-11-22), CLass of 1 (12-11-22)
Old 12-12-22, 09:57 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,206 Likes on 835 Posts

I'm sure those will look super slick - very OEM plus!
Old 12-12-22, 05:24 PM
Member1115
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I shot myself in the foot by saying that.

Please post pics of your test fit once you do. I'm actually targeting those exact same wheels to trade off with what I currently have, and would love to get a heads-up on how the whole set-up would look.

I can tell you now that you need not worry about fitment (even with BBK) since these wheels are the exact same specs as the RC-F wheels I have on right now.

Thanks!
Old 01-22-23, 09:24 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I posted this on IG a week or two ago, but forgot to put it on here. I've had this car for 15 years now...

The following 5 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
gerrb (01-23-23), Kira X (06-01-23), KiroLS (01-23-23), RudysSC (01-23-23), Turbostar (01-31-23)
Old 05-29-23, 07:26 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Alright, it's been a while, so it's time for a photo dump.

Lets start with the GS-F wheels. I test fit 1 wheel on the car to see how it would look.

I was told they wanted to use my car for a GR corolla event. They wanted to collect all "The Legend" Toyota and Lexus cars. I wasn't able to attend the event, so I dropped my car off a few days before. Kind of regret not taking photos with the LFA.

Some photos of the car in the Lexus Show room.

After 25 years, it was time to change the hood shocks.

Finally got around to installing the meisters.

I should have installed all the stickers before ceramic coating the wheels. The stickers wouldn't bond, so I got creative.

Toyotafest happened. I met up with the usual crew + Tony.

A few opted to leave their SC at home this year.

There was a big turn out of SC's this year.

Finally got to see Tony's SC in person. I love it as is, so I have a lot of mixed feelings about him going Vertex ridge. It's his build though, so whatever makes him happy.

A lot of people came from out of state. We got to finally meet Shay in person after knowing each other for so long online.

Here are a few of my photos and a few other peoples from the event.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAEKXV

Back to sleep for the car

The following 2 users liked this post by Blkexcoupe:
Barbary (05-31-23), Kira X (06-01-23)
Old 05-30-23, 12:02 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Great pictures.
Thanks again,
Bill
The following users liked this post:
Blkexcoupe (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 09:39 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Awesome pics - and what an honor to have your car sit in that gorgeous showroom amongst the "legends". Glad to see you out and reppin this year!
Blkexcoupe (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 07:41 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Awesome pics - and what an honor to have your car sit in that gorgeous showroom amongst the "legends". Glad to see you out and reppin this year!
I kind of didn't have a choice considering my boss was one of the people that put together the event. LOL
Kira X (06-01-23)
Old 05-31-23, 08:22 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

LOL - well, regardless, still pretty cool in my book! The car looks amazing and what a great sight to see you all together like that!
Old 06-01-23, 06:06 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 437 Likes on 360 Posts

That’s an awesome update! So many clean SC’s.
Old 04-07-24, 10:05 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Time for an overdue photo dump

Nick asked me if I wanted to attend an event at Lexus Western Area's office back in July of last year.

My car had been sitting for a while, and I decided to drive to work one day. It was running great until I got off the freeway, then it was running kind of funny at low speed. By the time I got off work, the check engine light was on and it was misfiring so bad I had to have it towed.

It ended up being a cylinder 3 misfire, Which at 212k miles, meant the entire ignition system should probably be replaced.

I also replaced all the electrical connectors because they basically crumbled in my hands when I touched them.

While removing the intake manifold I damaged the intake pipe. Luckily, this part was still available

The resonator chamber below it wasn't so I had to improvise sealing the hole with some trusty electrical tape.

At this point, I figured everything is fixed and good to go. Nick hits me up for the first event of 2024 and I decide to go.

We roll in with his entire Lexus crew

Spot a Pagani outside

On my way home, the Check engine light turns back on. This time for a Oil Control Valve fault. My car has 212k miles, I decide to replace the unit. (OCV, filter, 2 gaskets, and the electrical connector)

At this point, I remembered my MAF sensor connector has been broken for like 10 years and I decide to change it too. (Looking back, this was a huge mistake)

After changing the OCV and MAF Sensor connector I go for a test drive and everything is fine until I get a check engine light for the intake air temp sensor (part of the MAF). I check my wiring and pinouts to make sure I did it correctly and everything is right and seated properly. I go ahead and order a new MAF sensor and air filter.

Check engine light starts turning on immediately with a brand new MAF sensor instead of waiting for me to drive for a bit, but it's a new month and the cars are due for their monthly drive. My SC is down, the GS is in the shop for its 60k service, so I had to take something different to meet up with Nick.

I spend a couple of weeks trying to diagnose the maf sensor issues in my free time, but my smog is coming up and all signs are pointing towards damage in the engine harness. At this point, I'm over it and decide to call around and find someone that specializes in diagnosing electrical problems. He spends a couple of hours diagnosing it and then he calls me and asked when I de-pinned the connector what kind of tool did I use. I tell him I used a micro-screw driver to release the pins. He proceeds to ask if I had any trouble on one of them? I said yes, the first pin on the connector. He goes on to explain to me that when I de-pinned the connector I bent the pin slightly, so now the resistance of the pin is off and not reading properly.

I drive the car a few hundred miles to clear all the monitors for smog, but I can't get the catalyst monitor to clear. I ask some of my mechanic friends and they tell me that the old toyotas are a pain in the *** to clear that monitor, but they suggest changing the O2 sensors. I order 4 new sensors, swapped them out, then just kept driving around with no destination.

Next morning, woke up super early, took it out before anyone was awake, and on my way home stopped by a smog shop. It passed.

bron_karr (04-07-24)

Quick Reply: My indecisive 98 SC300 build