Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Quick update, pics from work parking lot
The following users liked this post:
myLEXsc400 (07-26-17)
Old 11-14-16, 07:35 AM
mugencivic
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking good so far, and those are my favorite enkei wheels. what are the specs?
Old 11-15-16, 12:52 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those wheels work great with the Sc!
Old 12-24-16, 01:20 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Nothing really going on the past month or so, just driving the car and dealing with the airbag harnesses running through the fenders. I relocated the driver fender harness, but the airbag harnesses on both sides are just to short to do anything with. Ill probably just end up doing a steering wheel soon and disconnect the harnesses and tuck them away somewhere...

With the recent socal rain I was driving home from work and all of a sudden the audio went out. The radio still had power, all functions worked, just no sound. I suspected there might have been some moisture or water around the amp/cd changer area and sure enough there was. One of the drain tubes wasnt put in the correct grommet and was dangling there, collecting the water and creating a pool in the quarter. I ended up drilling an extra hole in the corner to drain, sprayed some black rustoleum, and cleaned the whole area up.

Also installed some new trunk lifts/shocks while in there. FYI there is a bumpstop on each side of the trunk that once removed helps with installation of the new ones.

Old 12-24-16, 04:25 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

That's one of the sunroof drains. (Totally useless info, but there you go.) The smaller one from the fuel filler is the one I usually see removed from its grommet, as having it in place is what allows water to pool there like you found.

I just replaced dying-but-not-dead trunk struts on one of the cars this week, too. Sure is nice not having to use a prop stick and/or wonder if you'll live through the next time reaching into the trunk!
Old 01-08-17, 08:57 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t2d2
That's one of the sunroof drains. (Totally useless info, but there you go.) The smaller one from the fuel filler is the one I usually see removed from its grommet, as having it in place is what allows water to pool there like you found.

I just replaced dying-but-not-dead trunk struts on one of the cars this week, too. Sure is nice not having to use a prop stick and/or wonder if you'll live through the next time reaching into the trunk!
Yup, glad I caught it when I did, could have gotten worse. It is supposed to rain next 4 days here so hopefully everything stays dry in the trunk. Im assuming there is one on the other side where the jack is? I didnt check the driver side. Definitely nice opening the trunk with ease.

Today I wrapped the chrome window trim in black, need to get some more vinyl and do the other side.

Old 01-08-17, 09:39 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by nnnickkk
Im assuming there is one on the other side where the jack is?
Yeah, there's one just like it in the same spot on the left vent.
Old 02-06-17, 07:41 PM
gearhead7
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nothing really going on the past month or so, just driving the car and dealing with the airbag harnesses running through the fenders. I relocated the driver fender harness, but the airbag harnesses on both sides are just to short to do anything with. Ill probably just end up doing a steering wheel soon and disconnect the harnesses and tuck them away somewhere...

With the recent socal rain I was driving home from work and all of a sudden the audio went out. The radio still had power, all functions worked, just no sound. I suspected there might have been some moisture or water around the amp/cd changer area and sure enough there was. One of the drain tubes wasnt put in the correct grommet and was dangling there, collecting the water and creating a pool in the quarter. I ended up drilling an extra hole in the corner to drain, sprayed some black rustoleum, and cleaned the whole area up.

Also installed some new trunk lifts/shocks while in there. FYI there is a bumpstop on each side of the trunk that once removed helps with installation of the new ones.

after you got the water drained out what else did you do to get your radio working. I'm currently having the same issue with the 92 sc400 I just bought. The radio functions just no sound
Old 02-06-17, 07:54 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

I love your car!

Those wheels/tires/ stance combo is just sick. I love the wheels.
The following users liked this post:
nnnickkk (03-05-17)
Old 03-05-17, 10:48 AM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Couple of updates...hit 135k last week.

Had to get rid of the factory huge steering wheel, went with a Momo Prototipo and NRG quick release & hub. The horn is wired and functional.

The past few weeks my 1-2 shift has had some slip/hesitation/lag to it, so decided it was time for some service. Ended up dropping the trans pan, replaced the valve body oil strainer (filter), cleaned up the pan magnets, new fluid, replaced the trans mount, diff service, and fuel filter. All work done at Tustin Lexus. Night and day difference, would suggest this to anyone who has recently picked up an SC without history on the fluids. The new trans mount took care of alot of noise vibration and clunk from 'P' to 'R' or 'D'.
Old 03-05-17, 03:54 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Nice updates. Are you planning on going to Toyotafest this year?
Old 03-05-17, 05:01 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Nice updates. Are you planning on going to Toyotafest this year?
Thanks! I didn't register, plus by the posts on the FB forum looked like registration was a mess. Im going to try and schedule my rotating Saturday off for it though.
Old 03-05-17, 08:48 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Thanks! I didn't register, plus by the posts on the FB forum looked like registration was a mess. Im going to try and schedule my rotating Saturday off for it though.
Yeah, their site got overloaded and crashed right when registration started. Registration is still open now. I want to go this year, but I can't stay there all day. The new location is close enough to my place that I'm considering registering, bringing the car there, and leaving for a few hours or have one of my friends drive the car back to my place when its over.
Old 04-05-17, 08:26 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Couple of updates...

Was driving to work few weeks back, got stuck in traffic, saw steam coming from outside between the hood and windshield cowl. Kept a close eye on the temp gauge till I got there. As soon as I got out of the car coolant smell, popped the hood and the upper plastic on the radiator was cracked bubbling out across. Later that day had a flight to make so I dropped the car off to have the radiator replaced along with the upper/lower hoses & other misc hoses, thermostat, clean the throttle body, etc. Put in an OE replacement Koyo, good as new.

The lower shroud disintegrated when it came off for the radiator, so I ordered up the aluminum one from Ren and did an oil change and shaved more of the front fender when adding it.

Did a small shoot a few weeks ago as well but never got any pics in here:

nnnickkk's SC400 Build Thread-csgnlrj.jpg
nnnickkk's SC400 Build Thread-zs0zghd.jpg

Last edited by nnnickkk; 04-05-17 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: nnnickkk's SC400 Build Thread