Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Otakusan's 2016 IS350 AWD F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-22, 09:26 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Very interesting...I hadn't even considered this (that there would be that much condensation).
The following users liked this post:
KObjective (02-07-22)
Old 02-07-22, 07:10 PM
KObjective
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Very interesting...I hadn't even considered this (that there would be that much condensation).
Yeah I didn't think about condensation being this bad. I'm scared of the pcv system freezing up then causing problems/ blowing gaskets or something. Wonder is it's a better idea to swap back to stock.
Old 02-08-22, 07:43 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,370 Posts

If the ice is only at the bottom, then the crank should still vent into the top portion of the catch can, the oil will fall, and then the air moves into the engine.
Once the ports in and out of the can don't ice over, then you should be ok.
Much like if the can fills with oil and the oil blocks the two ports...still needs to be emptied regularly.
Old 10-07-22, 06:18 PM
KObjective
Rookie

RR racing AOS update. Did an oil change this week and emptied the catch can. It was filled about 1/4 inch on the level gauge. This time it was oil, not all water like in February.

No other updates. I attempted to install some SPC rear camber arms but failed. Couldn't get the inner bolt loose. I had other projects to do, so will leave it for next year.
Old 05-21-23, 07:27 AM
KObjective
Rookie

Got some SPC rear camber arms. Wanted to correct the rear camber as its sitting at over -2.

Setting to stock length. Will get an alignment after driving it for a bit so things settle.

Hardest part is trying to loosen and tighten the inner bolt. Things are so cramped that you can't get tools in there. Watched a couple youtube videos and found the key tools are a flexhead ratchet wrench. Then using another wrench as a snipe

Installed
NICKLASISF (08-24-23)
Old 05-21-23, 07:39 AM
KObjective
Rookie

Installed another part off my checklist. RR racing USRS bushings. Went with the softer street version as my car is awd.

Installed. Was pretty easy. Didnt have to do much prying trying to get the stock off. Watched some youtube videos where guys with rwd models had to pry.

Only issue Im worried about is if I set the preload bolts correctly. I was still able to get the feeler gauge between the washer and bushing on the side closest to the door of the car. Was scared of stripping the threads on the housing. Afterwards I noticed there is a gap between the washer and bushing at the top. Both sides were like this. Not sure if this is normal

Morning test drive. Very smoky were I am as there are a lot of forest fires going on. Verdict: love what these bushings did. Definitely made a difference in steering feel and response. More noticable in the weight of the steering (more heavier/direct), especially switching between normal to sport +. This was the last major part/mod I wanted to do for the car. I don't expect there will be much else. Just planning on maintaining and enjoying it. 😀

Last edited by KObjective; 05-21-23 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
The following 2 users liked this post by KObjective:
cuellooo (07-02-24), NICKLASISF (08-24-23)
Old 01-21-24, 10:28 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 118 Posts

This is an awesome build!
Old 01-21-24, 10:40 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

KOjective is doing an amazing job with this car
Old 01-21-24, 08:52 PM
KObjective
Rookie

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
This is an awesome build!
Thank you!
Otakusan built a solid car with some quality parts. It was pretty much completed by the time I got it.

Last edited by KObjective; 01-21-24 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-21-24, 08:52 PM
KObjective
Rookie

Originally Posted by otakusan
KOjective is doing an amazing job with this car
Thanks man! Thanks again for giving me first dibs to buy it when you decided to let it go
Old 01-21-24, 09:10 PM
KObjective
Rookie

Just some older photos from last year. After installing the SPC rear camber arms I got an alignment done. I threw on the Volk wheels. I hadn't ran them for about 2 years as 2 of them developed a slow bead leak. Also wanted to correct the rear camber before running them again

cuellooo (02-01-24)
Old 01-21-24, 09:13 PM
KObjective
Rookie

Also from last fall. Aliexpress special. Got these rubber cup, door, and console mats. The ad didn't show the Lexus emblem. Luckily they look ok. The small rectangle piece was meant for the base models. I use it in the glove box as it fits nicely in the space next to the shelf. (didn't take a picture)

Cup & center console

Door handle pocket

Door lower pocket
Old 01-21-24, 09:16 PM
KObjective
Rookie

First "mod" for 2024. Another Aliexpress special. Got this "Project Mu" reservoir sock

I couldn't stretch it enough to wrap around the whole reservoir. The filler cap neck is also really short. Decide to just fold in the bottom and top bits and wrap it around the cap.
Old 01-28-24, 01:26 PM
KObjective
Rookie

Got this last summer from Etsy. 3D printed fusebox cover for under the dash. Previous owner installed some electronics and used add-a-fuse wiring. This meant the oem lid couldn't be installed

The tabs on the side can be broken off for the wiring. This piece acts as a spacer to clear the height of the add-a-fuse. This model has extra spots for spare fuses and let's you reinstall the OEM lid on top

Installed
The following 2 users liked this post by KObjective:
cuellooo (06-29-24), JCMikulak (06-21-24)
Old 06-18-24, 12:16 PM
BoscoC33
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you model it yourself? I am interested to get this? Do you have the STL file for the print?

Quick Reply: Otakusan's 2016 IS350 AWD F-Sport