Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Mingofish Atlanta RCF build

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-17, 08:38 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
i don't think invidia can bolt onto other midpipe or axle-back. It has to be a set.
It can per the sales manager at Invidia (bernard)
Old 09-11-17, 08:45 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
It can per the sales manager at Invidia (bernard)
i read it somewhere that someone had an issue. Unless they fixed the issue.
Old 09-11-17, 08:49 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

i read it somewhere that someone had an issue. Unless they fixed the issue.
Last time i was there, they told me the bolt points are the same as OEM. I could be wrong but both the boss and the sales manager told me so Even the JOEZ was mocked up using the same exact flange location as the OEM but i haven't had anyone confirm
The following users liked this post:
Mingofish (09-12-17)
Old 09-12-17, 04:42 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Got the T-demand front control arms in few days ago. They came pretty fast since it was air shipped vs slow boat.
Build quality looks top notch.

The directions were in Japanese. I tried converting using google but because they way the words were surrounded in little boxes on the page, google was translating craziness...

Install was a total pain. The adjustment for camber cannot be done while the arm is on the car. So every adjustment meant taking it apart, adjusting, then reinstall.
We did it on the alignment rack and literally did like 9-10 alignment/adjustment to get both sides the same and to get the camber where I wanted.
Settled on -2.69 & -2.71.
Will see how the car behaves next week at Road Atlanta 😬

Caster is adjustable too. Didn't mess with that too much. I liked how the steering felt originally.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (09-12-17)
Old 09-14-17, 07:55 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Got the T-demand front control arms in few days ago. They came pretty fast since it was air shipped vs slow boat.
Build quality looks top notch.

The directions were in Japanese. I tried converting using google but because they way the words were surrounded in little boxes on the page, google was translating craziness...

Install was a total pain. The adjustment for camber cannot be done while the arm is on the car. So every adjustment meant taking it apart, adjusting, then reinstall.
We did it on the alignment rack and literally did like 9-10 alignment/adjustment to get both sides the same and to get the camber where I wanted.
Settled on -2.69 & -2.71.
Will see how the car behaves next week at Road Atlanta 😬

Caster is adjustable too. Didn't mess with that too much. I liked how the steering felt originally.
Are you serious? I was planning to get it too. But adjust, install, remove, re-adjust, re-install is a lot of work. That's how they designed it?
Old 09-14-17, 11:41 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

PSSS...Get the FIGS...You can adjust them on the Fly...Check them out under the IS-F...

Are you serious? I was planning to get it too. But adjust, install, remove, re-adjust, re-install is a lot of work. That's how they designed it?
Old 09-14-17, 01:11 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 16GSF00336
PSSS...Get the FIGS...You can adjust them on the Fly...Check them out under the IS-F...
will it fit?
Old 09-14-17, 02:19 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

CUSTOM...BUILT to your CHASSIS/SPECS......Gotta love those Guys...

Originally Posted by paulwall4
will it fit?
Old 09-14-17, 03:50 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Are you talking about the Front Control Arms? I asked long long time ago and he said there was no enough demand so, he didn't make one or offer the one for RCF from ISF.
Old 09-14-17, 03:53 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Yes, just talk to Mike or one of the FIGS crew...I can attest that they will make them...You Get What You Pay For...Hence, CUSTOM....$$$$$$$

CUSTOM...BUILT to your CHASSIS/SPECS......Gotta love those Guys...
​​​​​​​

http://shopfigs.com/v3/by-vehicle/IS...F-FUCA-TRAC-V1

Are you talking about the Front Control Arms? I asked long long time ago and he said there was no enough demand so, he didn't make one or offer the one for RCF from ISF.

Last edited by 16GSF00336; 09-14-17 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-14-17, 09:25 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

The figs ones use a concentric bolt to get 1degree which isn't very much adjustment.
Yes 1 degree is typically enough but more adjustability is a better imo.
I started with -1.2 or so with oem arms with the car lowered to 26".
I'm at -2.7 now so I'm already way past 1 degree.
May even go to -3 to test it. Straight line braking is always compromised with high neg camber vs improving in the corners.

As as far as the T demand installation. I'm sure if I could read Japanese, I coulda figured out how far out to adjust to get to what degree change. I only translated via google that every 10 turns is one degree- something like that.
Prob is the oem arms, or any arm for that matter, once installed, isn't always balanced from side to side due to tolerance.
So to get a precise set up, you can't just "set" the distance and expect the alignment to be right on after everything is bolted up. That's why we had to do alignments after each adjustment and tweak,and tweak, and tweak...
It took 2.5 hrs and was a little tedious, but I know it's set up right.

Yes I totally wish there was a way to adjust on the fly.
Realistically ever time you adjust, you would need an alignment anyway.
The arm comes out pretty easy with the two connecting bolts & the ball joint bolt.

Last edited by Mingofish; 09-14-17 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-14-17, 09:44 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Alright...Let me clarify something...Ming what you stated is somewhat true...For more of a Permanent "Static" Fitment...But you May still adjust from the "Adjustable Bushing" Option that they offer...Please, refer to picture below...

I'm just providing my Fellow "F" community Options...For Suspension Solutions...On our Quest for Functional Fitments/Track Set-ups...

Take it from me...I'm Pushing the Limit on Stock Fenders with my Fitments...This next one will be EXTREME...

That's why these will be so much easier to adjust on the RACK...Like FIGS Essential Lowing Kit...That's how I got the 305/30 to be 1-Degree off from OEM Spec...Plus, Mike and I crossing talking providing feedback with each other...The Support they provide to the LEXUS Suspension Platform...

Originally Posted by Mingofish
The figs ones use a concentric bolt to get 1degree which isn't very much adjustment.
Yes 1 degree is typically enough but more adjustability is a better imo.
I started with -1.2 or so with oem arms with the car lowered to 26".
I'm at -2.7 now so I'm already way past 1 degree.
May even go to -3 to test it. Straight line braking is always compromised with high neg camber vs improving in the corners.

As as far as the T demand installation. I'm sure if I could read Japanese, I coulda figured out how far out to adjust to get to what degree change. I only translated via google that every 10 turns is one degree- something like that.
Prob is the oem arms, or any arm for that matter, once installed, isn't always balanced from side to side due to tolerance.
So to get a precise set up, you can't just "set" the distance and expect the alignment to be right on after everything is bolted up. That's why we had to do alignments after each adjustment and tweak,and tweak, and tweak...
It took 2.5 hrs and was a little tedious, but I know it's set up right.

Yes I totally wish there was a way to adjust on the fly.
Realistically ever time you adjust, you would need an alignment anyway.
The arm comes out pretty easy with the two connecting bolts & the ball joint bolt.

Last edited by 16GSF00336; 09-14-17 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-16-17, 03:27 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ well you get mikey to make em and I will buy em. I've read few threads of people that have asked and he said not enough interest.
I'm not wanting to pay like 2k+ for a custom one off set. If it's within reasonable price, I'm game.
Would love to be able to adjust on the fly at the track since I don't trailer the F.

Rafi told me once he was thinking of making some too. Those also would be adjusted on the fly also. Never heard anymore...
Old 09-21-17, 06:29 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Car is ready. Heading to Road Atlanta tomorrow for a fun day testing out new control arms. Can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails Mingofish Atlanta RCF build-img_3275.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mingofish:
Meraki Autoworks (09-22-17), ModInJapan (09-22-17)
Old 09-27-17, 05:08 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Some feed back on my T-demand FCA after being on Road Atlanta last Friday.

First off, they performed perfectly, no noises, nothing funny. Solid.

The cornering ability of the F improved dramatically. Most noticeable was high speed turn in and mid turn stability. Turns where I use to push a little mid turn and had to throttle steer, the car now hugs. This gave me not only more speed, but more confidence as well.

The only con is some straight line braking loss. The contact patch is reduced from the camber setting.
Threshold braking more easily becomes abs braking. Need more track time to see if I can finesse it better.
I typically can out-brake most cars with my set up and this time, I had two cars in my class, a mustang with brembo/track pads and a challenger with brembos catch up on the back straight. Of course I would shake them after the next few corners

Road atlanta isn't a tight track so realistically I didn't need camber set so negative.
The settings were -2.71 & -2.69 on fronts.
These settings probably better for tight/slower tracks like AMP.
Think next time to Road atlanta I will reduce the camber to like around -2 and see how the brake performance vs cornering feels.

Btw if anyone looking for a good tire, try the Yoko AD08R.
Phenomenal overall performance and the longevity has been good. Lasted me so far this entire season. Very streetable tire.
Thanks to ZachF for recommending these.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mingofish:
ba2sy (10-23-17), ModInJapan (09-27-17)

Quick Reply: Mingofish Atlanta RCF build