Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
Mingofish (01-11-17)
Old 01-11-17 | 12:26 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Carbon Fiber Gallore... how about where the radio and ac controls?
Old 01-11-17 | 05:09 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Carbon Fiber Gallore... how about where the radio and ac controls?
Fahd,
i strategically picked specific pieces from all that was available because the exposed edges of the pieces is where it looks "fake". I actually bought more pieces (around vents) but didn't install them. Looked stuck on...

I also received a piece ( goes where the seat heat/cool button) that the cf pattern didn't line up with the console pattern so I also didn't install. The stuff wasn't that expensive so I just used what looked right & tossed rest.
Old 01-12-17 | 02:10 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Fahd,
i strategically picked specific pieces from all that was available because the exposed edges of the pieces is where it looks "fake". I actually bought more pieces (around vents) but didn't install them. Looked stuck on...

I also received a piece ( goes where the seat heat/cool button) that the cf pattern didn't line up with the console pattern so I also didn't install. The stuff wasn't that expensive so I just used what looked right & tossed rest.
It looks "fake" but it's real carbon fiber, right? Even if you black them out? You bought more pieces? I thought they came in a package of 57 pieces. Do you think you can complain to them that it doesn't match like our alpha/beta tester who recommended that site? Maybe they can send you the correct one.
Old 01-12-17 | 04:27 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

It looks "fake" but it's real carbon fiber, right? Even if you black them out? You bought more pieces? I thought they came in a package of 57 pieces. Do you think you can complain to them that it doesn't match like our alpha/beta tester who recommended that site? Maybe they can send you the correct one.
ok yeah just to clarify. Wow trim offeres two different versions. One is a fake pattern and one is made of real carbon fiber. I got the real one of course.
i used the term "fake" meaning it looked stuck on and not oem. Sorry I should have chose a different adjective.

I'm not too worried about calling them to complaint.
The edges of the pieces is where it looks "fake". So when 2 separate pieces butt up against each other, that's where it looks obvious. I kinda anticipated that and why I only ordered specific pieces to begin with.

You don't have to buy the complete set. The guy lets you pick & choose the pieces and gives you a custom price.
I would definitely by the console piece. Just like RYLITT said-The center console piece looks really good because there's not that many exposed edges that's real noticeable.

Hope that helps Fahd.
OT- haven't seen you mod your car lately. Any new projects in the works?
Did you ever fix your front lip?
How's the cup kit holding up? Are you happy with the choice?
Old 01-12-17 | 08:21 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

ok yeah just to clarify. Wow trim offeres two different versions. One is a fake pattern and one is made of real carbon fiber. I got the real one of course.
i used the term "fake" meaning it looked stuck on and not oem. Sorry I should have chose a different adjective.

I'm not too worried about calling them to complaint.
The edges of the pieces is where it looks "fake". So when 2 separate pieces butt up against each other, that's where it looks obvious. I kinda anticipated that and why I only ordered specific pieces to begin with.

You don't have to buy the complete set. The guy lets you pick & choose the pieces and gives you a custom price.
I would definitely by the console piece. Just like RYLITT said-The center console piece looks really good because there's not that many exposed edges that's real noticeable.

Hope that helps Fahd.
OT- haven't seen you mod your car lately. Any new projects in the works?
Did you ever fix your front lip?
How's the cup kit holding up? Are you happy with the choice?
I think I had a good sense of it since you used the quotation marks on it. But I just have to verify that it was still real carbon fiber. I emailed the company pointing out what you said. They said they can change the grain direction of their carbon fiber to match our CF's grain direction. You just have to email them the photo of your OEM's just like what our first alpha/beta tester did. Supposedly, they have a wave of customers now. lol!

By the way, I saw that they have the discount code option so, I tried looking for that code and I end up stumbling on a different seller with a credible authorized name and I think it's a CL Vendor as well. They're selling it for about $140 cheaper... lol! So, I just ordered mine...

Yup! I haven't updated it yet since I was busy tuning the JIC Coilover and re-bending the hard lines of my air tank... They're all good now so, I just finished my Dual High Flow Cat mini-project. I just need to dyno for post-installation to see how much I lost or probably gained some (wishful thinking). I can feel my car responding a lot better even in normal mode. I barely use the Apexi Controller before and no need atm unless I want to race/track... I think our stock cars is just factory tuned or used to exhaust restrictions in low-mid range gears.. Now, I have better smelling addicting exhaust fumes than the previous eye-watering fumes... Next would be an ECU Tune to get all that FBO performance...

So far, the AirCups are working good... I don't have to slow or stop and angle my car too much...
Old 01-12-17 | 02:19 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Can you order just the center console?
i tried going on the website and it just showed a set
Old 01-12-17 | 03:12 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Originally Posted by paulwall4
Can you order just the center console?
i tried going on the website and it just showed a set
You have yo email or call them...
Old 01-12-17 | 08:11 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

You have yo email or call them...
Okay cool thanks!
Old 01-14-17 | 04:19 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Man I ran at Barber Motorsports park in Birmingham Alabama today.
What an awesome track & facility!!!

The meisterschaft exhaust got so many compliments. It was singing a beautiful exhaust song!!
check out this pic from end of day. I went to jack up rear ended to rotate tires and saw blue pipes!
The titanium heated in!!!
Attached Thumbnails Mingofish Atlanta RCF build-img_2329.jpg   Mingofish Atlanta RCF build-img_2330.jpg  
Old 01-14-17 | 06:14 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

oh crap..... <3

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-16-17 | 06:21 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Man I ran at Barber Motorsports park in Birmingham Alabama today.
What an awesome track & facility!!!

The meisterschaft exhaust got so many compliments. It was singing a beautiful exhaust song!!
check out this pic from end of day. I went to jack up rear ended to rotate tires and saw blue pipes!
The titanium heated in!!!
Hey Ming I enjoyed riding in your car so much this weekend I started looking around in the forum to find out more about the car and saw your post so dropping a note here. Looks like you can't message or at least I can't figure out how to send you one on here. Small world. Had a great time this weekend. See you at the next event. Rodger

Last edited by RXRodger; 01-16-17 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-25-17 | 09:38 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Default Cf hood

Hey people, just want to give an update on my long awaited custom made oem style cf hood.
The company thats doing my hood here in ATL just told me the production is finally starting!
I was able to get a great deal from them since I'm their first "beta" hood for the RCF.
Zach, my contact, told me he will forward me some pics of the shop & the moldings soon. I'll post them when I get em of course!
This shop uses prepreg wet carbon fiber method instead of the typical dry carbon, so I am expecting a super smooth finish. Excited!
They are taking preorders now at a steep discount for the next few hoods if any others interested.
Feel free to pm Zach directly and tell him I sent you. He is an ISF guy on CL and goes by ZaxF

Last edited by Mingofish; 01-25-17 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-25-17 | 09:52 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Want to give Lou from Mod IN Japan a shout out. Nice guy. Real easy to work with.
Bought a set of wheels from him yesterday. Now I wait for that slow boat from JDM-land...

I bought a set of satin black Advan GT to use as my track wheels.
19x10 square set up with 35 offset.
Hoping to run a much larger tire up front to help with understeer and increase braking power.
Crossing fingers 295/30 will clear. If not, 285 for sure.

Lou is looking for upper control arms for me too from the motherland.
May be we can get some front camber adjustment after all!
Attached Thumbnails Mingofish Atlanta RCF build-hyper-blk-gt.jpg   Mingofish Atlanta RCF build-blk-gt-rim.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
ModInJapan (01-26-17)
Old 01-27-17 | 07:55 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Hey people, just want to give an update on my long awaited custom made oem style cf hood.
The company thats doing my hood here in ATL just told me the production is finally starting!
I was able to get a great deal from them since I'm their first "beta" hood for the RCF.
Zach, my contact, told me he will forward me some pics of the shop & the moldings soon. I'll post them when I get em of course!
This shop uses prepreg wet carbon fiber method instead of the typical dry carbon, so I am expecting a super smooth finish. Excited!
They are taking preorders now at a steep discount for the next few hoods if any others interested.
Feel free to pm Zach directly and tell him I sent you. He is an ISF guy on CL and goes by ZaxF
Thanks for the shoutout buddy! If anyone is interested we are offering almost $1000 off retail for the next 4 orders. PM me for details!

Quick Reply: Mingofish Atlanta RCF build