Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-17, 05:30 AM
JT2MA71

Received 1,554 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Finally went to the local post office to pick these up today. they have been sitting there since last week due to our snow storm we had here. They are illuminated door sills, factory part from toyota/lexus. i'll install these when i do the dash cam at the same time.

Awesome! I have these as well. Just a note, the wiring instructions on mine was wrong, one wire color was incorrect so I emailed the vendor about it so maybe that's already corrected or not an issue depending on who you got yours from. I also received one blue and one white the first time! but they corrected that right away, too bad I didn't know until I wired it up.

Last edited by JT2MA71; 01-31-17 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-31-17, 07:48 AM
JT2MA71

I took off my wing and hood scoop to be sent off to have a mold be made and have full carbon fiber replacements to be made. sent it off about 2 weeks ago but it will take another 2 weeks to be done. All high quality stuff, automotive PPG clear coated and done in the USA. Im very anxious to get my pieces back. the replacement cf wings will be sold by the vendor who did them for me. I'm just glad i can do this for the RC-F community . you guys know how picky i am.

Will it be a different design on the spoiler?
Old 01-31-17, 09:07 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Awesome! I have these as well. Just a note, the wiring instructions on mine was wrong, one wire color was incorrect so I emailed the vendor about it so maybe that's already corrected or not an issue depending on who you got yours from. I also received one blue and one white the first time! but they corrected that right away, too bad I didn't know until I wired it up.
uh oh, let me message them and ask. i didn't get the choice of color, i thought it was only white.

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Will it be a different design on the spoiler?
main reason is the entire spoiler will be carbon fiber. oem, even the edges aren't oem. i pic below is oem. i wanted a full carbon replacement.

as far as design goes, i can pick any type of weave. i was thinking of doing something exotic like the honeycomb weave but i feel like i would need to do my roof that as well. the company is willing to do a custom carbon roof for me but trying to figure out a time to do it is hard since warm weather is approaching fast.

here is what the honeycomb looks like.

Old 01-31-17, 03:08 PM
JT2MA71

uh oh, let me message them and ask. i didn't get the choice of color, i thought it was only white.

main reason is the entire spoiler will be carbon fiber. oem, even the edges aren't oem. i pic below is oem. i wanted a full carbon replacement.

as far as design goes, i can pick any type of weave. i was thinking of doing something exotic like the honeycomb weave but i feel like i would need to do my roof that as well. the company is willing to do a custom carbon roof for me but trying to figure out a time to do it is hard since warm weather is approaching fast.

here is what the honeycomb looks like.

Yeah That would be unique if you do the honeycomb! That's weird on the OEM spoiler, mine is CF weave all the way to about 1/4" under, then it's the marble CF backing, as Lexus calls it.

Last edited by JT2MA71; 01-31-17 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-01-17, 07:20 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Man I've never seen the honey comb weave before! Super cool!
Do you have to drive the car up to Illinois to do the roof? That's a long drive from NC or will you have it transported up there ?
Old 02-01-17, 07:32 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't wait to see what the replacement will look like!
Beautiful car and great work!
Old 02-01-17, 07:56 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mingofish
Man I've never seen the honey comb weave before! Super cool!
Do you have to drive the car up to Illinois to do the roof? That's a long drive from NC or will you have it transported up there ?
I work/shadowing here in Iowa for a bit so they are only about 3 hours from here. honeycomb weave can be seen on exotic cars out there but not many people have seen/heard of it.

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
Can't wait to see what the replacement will look like!
Beautiful car and great work!
thank you bro, i appreciate the kind words. i can't wait myself. dying to get some carbon on my car and breaking up the orange a bit. in the mean time, ill try to install coilovers and get the ride height to where i want and patiently weight for the carbon goodies.
Old 02-02-17, 06:28 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

You definitely have a nice build going on here, thanks for sharing it with everyone! I'm very interested to see how your custom carbon parts turn out.
Old 02-09-17, 01:53 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Z3NK1
You definitely have a nice build going on here, thanks for sharing it with everyone! I'm very interested to see how your custom carbon parts turn out.
thank you, i appreciate it very much. being patient is apart of modding. I'm just glad its winter because its very hard to sit around and wait for parts. i have a very busy couple of weeks to install all of these parts.
Old 02-09-17, 02:02 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Very Big thanks to Chris for the coilovers! Awesome guy. looks and feels like quality. I'm most likely sticking around swift springs ride height for this car, maybe a little lower in the front for a raked look. going to play around with it.

The following 3 users liked this post by ISFPOWER:
DEMIK (02-19-17), LRCSALES (02-28-17), nelson143 (03-01-17)
Old 02-18-17, 10:23 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

installed my blitz air filter. trying to stay as many jdm parts as i can.

The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (02-28-17)
Old 02-19-17, 06:17 AM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

installed my blitz air filter. trying to stay as many jdm parts as i can.

nice!!! When are the wheels gonna be on the car? I wanna see the fitment!!!
Old 02-19-17, 08:48 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Incredible build! I've been waiting on some carbon parts for over 5 months which I'm use to with JDM bits....that honeycomb though..DAAAAMN. How far are you from the Tail Of The Dragon?
Old 02-20-17, 11:43 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Carnevino
Incredible build! I've been waiting on some carbon parts for over 5 months which I'm use to with JDM bits....that honeycomb though..DAAAAMN. How far are you from the Tail Of The Dragon?
thank you, appreciate it. i use to live about 3-4 hours away from it. I've been up there a few times. I live out of state at the moment for work. I'm liking it out here but the plan was to move back to NC.
Old 02-20-17, 09:59 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

thank you, appreciate it. i use to live about 3-4 hours away from it. I've been up there a few times. I live out of state at the moment for work. I'm liking it out here but the plan was to move back to NC.
Move to L.A.!
The following users liked this post:
ISFPOWER (02-25-17)

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit