Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-17, 05:41 AM
Crusher103
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew....I'm watching you....No T.V.s in the headrest this time round pumpkin.

The following users liked this post:
ISFPOWER (03-01-17)
Old 03-01-17, 11:36 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusher103
Andrew....I'm watching you....No T.V.s in the headrest this time round pumpkin.

lol. nah I'm putting a 32" tv in my trunk now.
Old 03-01-17, 01:34 PM
Crusher103
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lmao you would too. The car looks good though.
Old 03-01-17, 06:35 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Crusher103
Lmao you would too. The car looks good though.
thank you bro, it looks better in person because I'm not good with the camera. maybe you can check it out sometime. hope all is well.
Old 03-07-17, 02:11 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Old 03-07-17, 09:52 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

I always look forward to your updates! Can't wait to see whats next.
Old 03-08-17, 12:52 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pheen619
I always look forward to your updates! Can't wait to see whats next.
thanks, there are a lot more stuff to post but i hate camera pics. here are a few camera pics to get a general idea of whats been going on. teaser basically.

Old 03-08-17, 12:53 PM
nicklausw
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

These are the progress pictures we've been waiting to see. That color combo is going to be great!
Old 03-08-17, 01:00 PM
paulwall4
Lead Lap

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thanks, there are a lot more stuff to post but i hate camera pics. here are a few camera pics to get a general idea of whats been going on. teaser basically.

Finally!!!!!!
Old 03-08-17, 01:56 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Awesome! Congrats! More side profile shots of the full ride, please!
Old 03-08-17, 04:37 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Absolutely awesome!!! thanks for the teaser...

Are you rolled in the front?
Old 03-08-17, 05:47 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nicklausw
These are the progress pictures we've been waiting to see. That color combo is going to be great!
man, these wheel's color changes so much in different lighting situation, just love it. can be dark gunmetal which is my favorite color wheel and can be shiny silver in direct sunlight.

also, have to give Nick a thanks for motivating me to put everything on, even when its below 30 degrees and cutting my finger. his IS-F gets better every time and it's love/hate thing when he messages me with his progress.

Originally Posted by paulwall4
Finally!!!!!!
lol, i know. glad warmer weather came but snow is already coming back.

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Awesome! Congrats! More side profile shots of the full ride, please!
Thank you! will do. i have one more rear coilover to install on the driver's rear. ran out of time and i work a lot all week. I'm hoping to adjust all height perfectly by the weekend. Also need to run the
sensor wires correctly so i won't cut or rip them off from what I've read in the other thread.

Originally Posted by pheen619
Absolutely awesome!!! thanks for the teaser...

Are you rolled in the front?

no problem man. nope, not rolled and won't be rolling anything on this car. i did replace the front bolt that sticks out for the fender liner with a black flat cap in cause of future rubbing. ordering figs rear camber arms for the smaller minute adjustments. any updates on those air struts?
Old 03-08-17, 05:59 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

i know most of you guys won't agree with this next mod, but after seeing one of my all time favorite e92 m3 build who was always into the best coilovers, handling modifications and crazy alignments/corner weighting, he went air and he was always against it. I've driven diff air equipped cars since the beginning and it always felt bad. One of the reasons why i went forward with this because i do want to keep the bottom of my car new and never scraping while still getting to drive everywhere. its was very hard on the ISF to never scrape which i did get away with but i also hindered where i went and ended up using the daily driver when i wished i could drive my lexus.

after driving a local new m4 with the same airlift management kit and air struts, his car changed the way i felt about air. it was smooth but firm, everything was very tight just like factory and had responsive feedback. nothing like I've driven before which was floaty , super soft and slow a and sloppy steering. his car at the lowest setting is not laying frame. its tucking about half the tire so that was something i wanted to do. he said if he ever lost all of air, he would never be stuck anywhere. his driving height and parking height, you would never know he was on air and its not slammed due to wide wheel/tire set up. So i went ahead and purchased the Airlift 3P/3H digital management system, extra Viair compressor and dual harness kit, ordered another seamless air tank and having a custom rack being made for the rc-f to hang the air tank in the trunk.

im not sure if I'm still going to go through with the air ride, the coilovers feel pretty damn smooth and tight for the height its currently at. so it will only get better when i raise it up this weekend to my preferred height which is about what the swift springs are at.

Old 03-08-17, 07:29 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 171 Likes on 94 Posts

Air systems have come a LONG WAYS in the past 3-4 ways. You could always get the KW V3's with the umbrella system if you want to raise the car up but still remain on coils. Thought about picking up a set myself a few months back. Your whip is looking good man.
ISFPOWER (03-08-17)
Old 03-09-17, 01:45 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Huge thanks to Jim for his new 2016 BBS hand polish OEM take offs. although these are the same specs as my oem wheels, something about having a set of "hand polished" wheels makes it feel a bit more special. i know these wheels aren't too popular with a lot of you but i don't plan on blacking out my trim on my car having a nice set of OEM wheels during the colder months while matching the theme of my car and where i want to go with it.

some of you may ask, why not buy the rc-f with them already. i didn't have many choices when you are trying to buy left over models. although i chose the pricer route, i saved a bit when i bought my car. so it kind of makes up for itself.

GunnyFitz (03-21-18)

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's "Double M.P." BUILD THREAD. Molten Pearl & Money Pit