Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Jimmy Mac 1999 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-17, 04:44 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kez
Wow jimmy mac ultra sonic blue looks waaaaay better on our cars. step off RCF! Great job
Thank you. To be honest, the USB 2.0 featured on the RCF and other Lexus models 2015 and newer is different. It is a tri-coat finish. It has been nearly impossible to reproduce. Some have done it with solvent based paint but none with water (at least in our database). So my painter took the original 8U1 instead of 8X1 and lessened the amount of purple pearl and increased the amount of blue pearl. So technically this is a custom color. But is loosely based off of the original USB 8U1 paint code.
Old 02-18-17, 04:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Really Nice ! Now a black interior will complement that color . Dang , I hope one day my cars will get that kind of quality paint job !
Old 02-18-17, 06:33 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by gerrb
Really Nice ! Now a black interior will complement that color . Dang , I hope one day my cars will get that kind of quality paint job !
I'm going to go black/tan factory two tone to start. I will probably eventually go all black though. And one day I hope to have a drivetrain similar to yours. Any one of your many would be perfect lol!
Old 02-19-17, 07:31 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sup Jimmy,

Your build is seriously making me want to dump my entire tax return into my own project....your car is looking wicked! That blue is my favorite....especially the RSP on the Supra's....so sexy! I just recently acquired a 1995 SC300 5spd Renaissance Red on Black in very good condition (with the exception of the small rust on the lower rear quarter panels). Been gathering parts to build the motor up....but, it will be some time as im getting ready for marriage soon. Anyhow, where did you take your car for the paint and bodywork? I'm looking for a good shop to install the AutoShine full kit, fix the rust, and repaint the car original red. I'm in Chicago as well, maybe if you got time, you can show me your car when its put back together...your input would be a huge help with my build.

Again, nice work...will definitely follow this build.
Old 02-20-17, 06:42 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Sup Jimmy,

Your build is seriously making me want to dump my entire tax return into my own project....your car is looking wicked! That blue is my favorite....especially the RSP on the Supra's....so sexy! I just recently acquired a 1995 SC300 5spd Renaissance Red on Black in very good condition (with the exception of the small rust on the lower rear quarter panels). Been gathering parts to build the motor up....but, it will be some time as im getting ready for marriage soon. Anyhow, where did you take your car for the paint and bodywork? I'm looking for a good shop to install the AutoShine full kit, fix the rust, and repaint the car original red. I'm in Chicago as well, maybe if you got time, you can show me your car when its put back together...your input would be a huge help with my build.

Again, nice work...will definitely follow this build.
thank you. I will be posting more pics of the car as we get it back together. I am the Fixed Operations Director at Lexus of Highland Park and we do all the body work here. We have a full body shop with water born paint system. You're welcome to come by and check it out any time. I am here M-F 6a-5p on most days. Here is a pic I took this morning.
Old 02-20-17, 07:30 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Very nice, JM. I work at O'Hare and usually just head back north after work, but I may swing down your way and see the car some time.
Old 02-20-17, 09:23 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jimmymac30
thank you. I will be posting more pics of the car as we get it back together. I am the Fixed Operations Director at Lexus of Highland Park and we do all the body work here. We have a full body shop with water born paint system. You're welcome to come by and check it out any time. I am here M-F 6a-5p on most days. Here is a pic I took this morning.
Nice! All of my family members own Lexus cars, and we have taken our cars to Highland park a few times for service....not since the new renovations. I am in Skokie, so only a few minutes on 94W....I might make a trip out by you this week. Yeah, I would love to see it...and if you guys have a shop for body work, maybe I can work out a deal with you guys on my car??? A ClubLexus discount????...lol.
Old 02-20-17, 11:54 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Nice! All of my family members own Lexus cars, and we have taken our cars to Highland park a few times for service....not since the new renovations. I am in Skokie, so only a few minutes on 94W....I might make a trip out by you this week. Yeah, I would love to see it...and if you guys have a shop for body work, maybe I can work out a deal with you guys on my car??? A ClubLexus discount????...lol.
I can definitely work something out for you! The body shop is in our old building next door. Come by and check it out!!

Old 02-20-17, 01:48 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Car looks fantastic. Love the color. New headlights ??

Shane
Old 02-20-17, 05:01 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by SSmith
Car looks fantastic. Love the color. New headlights ??

Shane
New headlights! Couldn't do that paint job and put old lights back on!!
Old 02-20-17, 06:32 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

She's looking so pretty!

I hope you keep this one for good and do a turbo build on it at some point!

Roman
Old 02-20-17, 07:52 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
She's looking so pretty!

I hope you keep this one for good and do a turbo build on it at some point!

Roman
That's the plan. Let me know when you and Dmitry want to come help. I already bribed him with snacks, beer, and good company!
Old 02-21-17, 06:55 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Jimmy,

Sorry about yesterday....we got disconnected from some reason.
Hope to see your car soon, and potentially drop mine off at your guys shop.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-17, 03:18 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Jimmy have you thought about installing a paint protection coating on the new paint? We are an authorized CQuartz Finest and Opti-Coat Pro shop if you're interested.

Also offer a variety of other paint coatings that are phenomenal.

Would love to polish and coat your car and make it look its absolute best. Would do it next to nothing because of my love for these cars.

PM me if interested some time this year (after the paint cures), I can give you a link to our shop name/website (don't wanna post it here in case it's against the rules, etc.)

Roman
Old 02-23-17, 03:57 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Jimmy have you thought about installing a paint protection coating on the new paint? We are an authorized CQuartz Finest and Opti-Coat Pro shop if you're interested.

Also offer a variety of other paint coatings that are phenomenal.

Would love to polish and coat your car and make it look its absolute best. Would do it next to nothing because of my love for these cars.

PM me if interested some time this year (after the paint cures), I can give you a link to our shop name/website (don't wanna post it here in case it's against the rules, etc.)

Roman
I sent you a pm. Definitely interested. Car should be complete in a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: Jimmy Mac 1999 SC300