Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-20, 03:34 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Originally Posted by Ciggy
Your really much better off. I'm sure they have an email i can ask for you.
That would be appreciated.
Old 05-07-20, 07:37 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

gaugetuner8899@gmail.com
The following users liked this post:
Sasnuke (05-07-20)
Old 05-07-20, 08:06 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks @Ciggy
I was able to connect with them...I didn't realize the carbon fiber was a wrap vs an overlay.
I thought I could purchase the piece from them and then adhere it to my existing grill surround...but they need the part itself to wrap it in carbon, or buy a new piece and wrap that.
Unfortunately with the weakness of the Canadian dollar it's just not feasible to get this done.
I'm going to try local suggestion from @RU4Rhyl and see how that is...seems like they are using the same process as Saga...wrap the original part in CF.
Not sure why they don't mold the original part...then they can mass produce an overlay...which is essentially what they are doing, just minus the adhesive.
Old 05-07-20, 11:55 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Thanks @Ciggy
I was able to connect with them...I didn't realize the carbon fiber was a wrap vs an overlay.
I thought I could purchase the piece from them and then adhere it to my existing grill surround...but they need the part itself to wrap it in carbon, or buy a new piece and wrap that.
Unfortunately with the weakness of the Canadian dollar it's just not feasible to get this done.
I'm going to try local suggestion from @RU4Rhyl and see how that is...seems like they are using the same process as Saga...wrap the original part in CF.
Not sure why they don't mold the original part...then they can mass produce an overlay...which is essentially what they are doing, just minus the adhesive.
Sasnuke. I don't think an overlay would work. The part is very curved at the end and the grill very tight against the bumper. It would look like a stick on, over chrome would look terrible. Wrapping in fabric carbon fiber, taping back, and then covering in resin makes a far better looking outcome. Think about it. I had them buy a new grill in Taiwan. It wasn't very expensive. Not worth shipping back and fourth. I bet locals could do it just as well.
Old 05-07-20, 12:50 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Sasnuke. I don't think an overlay would work. The part is very curved at the end and the grill very tight against the bumper. It would look like a stick on, over chrome would look terrible. Wrapping in fabric carbon fiber, taping back, and then covering in resin makes a far better looking outcome. Think about it. I had them buy a new grill in Taiwan. It wasn't very expensive. Not worth shipping back and fourth. I bet locals could do it just as well.
You're definitely correct that the wrap would look way better than the overlay.
After I crunched the numbers it was going to be about $425 CAD for them to buy the grill and wrap it...then shipping on top of that. Given the size and fragile nature of the part, I'm sure that would have put me around $500 CAD including shipping...I'm sure it would have turned out great, but at that price point I'm sure I could find a solution that was less expensive and just as good. That and the wife would have shot me dead for spending $500 on a grill surround...maybe an entire grill for $500 and she would have only maimed me slightly lol
Old 05-08-20, 08:27 PM
Zoomzoom1
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Ciggy, really digging the Seibon rear spoiler. Was it a 3M installation or bolt on?
Old 05-11-20, 06:19 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Zoomzoom1
Hey Ciggy, really digging the Seibon rear spoiler. Was it a 3M installation or bolt on?
I used 3M. I've removed it once and re-installed. The one corner is starting to look like i'll need to do it again this summer but it's been on for a couple years.

3M + 3M adhesion promoter first and there's no need to bolt it on.. i've gone plenty fast on the freeway for years hot and cold and it's still there. But... you could bolt it on if desired
Old 05-11-20, 07:59 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

^^ +1 for 3M Adhesion Promoter. Definitely the way to go if you want to stick something down and make sure it stays.
With anything stuck on, 99% is in the prep and 1% is putting it on.
Old 05-20-20, 05:08 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Monday was good! Received my SEIBON hood unscathed. Even better install was smooth and simple, and the fitment is PERFECT. I didn't hook up the window washer fluid due to need to drill some small holes in the underside of the hood to route the tubing. It's super simple, wont affect the top layer of the hood. However, now that the hood is on the car fiber glass does is not appealing. So that'll wait.

pics or it didn't happen:

Unfortunately Tuesday wasn't as smooth. Received my Tom's racing upper front strut. It came with some nicks and dings in the finish. The vendor made it rite and gave me 30% back. On top of the marking I am having a tough time installing. This is the second time I've purchased an upper front strut. I had a cusco originally and this did not fit at all. It could bolt up but it was bowed and the hood would not close. I sold it to some RWD 2is guy and it fit his car. I've got some work to do to make this fit properly. And it needs paint. Idk what color to theme the engine bay with on this car yet, suggestions?

I'm looking into having the front bumper re-painted ultra-white. The road debris hasn't been kind to this front bumper. I'm also hoping to do some full detailing and ceramic coating. Photo shoot, and some driving clips to come soon. I promise.

Follow me on instagram @mikeciggy full photo trail on Google photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/S1GEeth6djqzvTYS7

Last edited by Ciggy; 05-20-20 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-11-20, 08:48 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Updated the build thread on first post. Did a photo shoot with a local photographer.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ciggy:
Napalvr (06-11-20), RageRacerM (07-17-20)
Old 09-30-20, 05:08 AM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

Any update on bar fitment?
Old 12-03-20, 07:36 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GR3Y5H3ART
Any update on bar fitment?
I haven't gotten around to it. I've been super busy and the strut bar wasn't high on the list. I spoke with my shop and they agreed with the AWD system it's very likely you need to raise / lower the car to get the bar to fit on.

I'll get back to it soon.

Here's some photos from my wedding in August. The Lexus was displayed just outside of the wedding reception. My wife and I failed big time. No picture of us, in her beautiful white dress with the car. It's a little proof that we were having so much time enjoying the wedding we didn't think of getting that photo.

We had no COVID issues with the wedding, no cases were contracted at our event. We moved the reception outside in a tent and despite it raining the 48 hours before, and the day after, and in the middle of our afternoon reception, the clouds opened and the sun shined for us to get married at the top of the mountain like we planned. It was a very fun and exciting day. You can find tons and tons of photos of the wedding on our website if you care.

http://aCignarellaStory.com

Here's some lexus photos.

The following users liked this post:
ItsJulz (03-06-22)
Old 12-05-20, 11:09 AM
ScytheDC
Intermediate

Received 153 Likes on 92 Posts

I haven't gotten around to it. I've been super busy and the strut bar wasn't high on the list. I spoke with my shop and they agreed with the AWD system it's very likely you need to raise / lower the car to get the bar to fit on.

I'll get back to it soon.

Here's some photos from my wedding in August. The Lexus was displayed just outside of the wedding reception. My wife and I failed big time. No picture of us, in her beautiful white dress with the car. It's a little proof that we were having so much time enjoying the wedding we didn't think of getting that photo.

We had no COVID issues with the wedding, no cases were contracted at our event. We moved the reception outside in a tent and despite it raining the 48 hours before, and the day after, and in the middle of our afternoon reception, the clouds opened and the sun shined for us to get married at the top of the mountain like we planned. It was a very fun and exciting day. You can find tons and tons of photos of the wedding on our website if you care.

http://aCignarellaStory.com

Here's some lexus photos.

congrats!

your car looks very nice. Does your window trim pieces cover the chrome window trim? I’m wondering if any chrome would show through if those trim pieces were installed without doing a chrome delete first?
Old 12-15-20, 09:55 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ScytheDC
congrats!

your car looks very nice. Does your window trim pieces cover the chrome window trim? I’m wondering if any chrome would show through if those trim pieces were installed without doing a chrome delete first?
You'll need to chrome delete in the front and rear where the visors do not cover. I don't think any would show through the bottom. In fact the double sided tape on the visors will work best if not applied to a vinyl, i've not had any issues.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-21, 10:02 PM
kaleo211
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

awesome build! congrats!

Quick Reply: Ciggy's 14' IS350 AWD Ultra White Build