Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Eric's 1999 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-17, 08:10 PM
ericjergs
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eric's 1999 Build Thread

I've had the car for a few months now, mods will be coming soon, so I decided to start up this thread to show her progress.

Grandma owned with a stack of receipts is how I purchased her at 196k miles. We're at 205k now and the only issue I have is a leaky power steering unit, and a leaky valve cover gasket. Body is in great condition with just a few minor blemishes, and the interior is nearly perfect. I feel like I received a great deal purchasing at only $3700.

Some blur with these pictures because of the lighting. But you get the idea!

So far I've tinted the tails red, and have just done some regular maintenance.

BC coilovers are in the mail, and I have newer model 350z wheels ready to pair with the coilovers. To-do list includes exhaust work, mainly to compliment the rear, brakes, double-din radio install, and a few small things. The larger, more long term list includes buying bags and accompanying management to pair with the coils. Once my wallet recovers I have WORK Seeker DXs or WORK Lanvecs in mind.

Thanks for reading! I'll be happy to answer any questions!
Old 05-03-17, 08:45 PM
ericjergs
Driver School Candidate

Here's one last picture while she's still looking stock! BCs have finally arrived after 4.5 weeks! I guess BC was busy, took some time for them to make the "extreme drop" version. Received free extenders when I ordered through Circuit Motorsports which was nice. They were a pleasure to deal with as well, very prompt and helpful.

Old 05-04-17, 09:12 PM
ultm8mind
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like a good starting platform and also looks like you're about to get low! Many of us like that, we'll be watching... Welcome to the club, haha...
Old 05-08-17, 08:00 AM
ericjergs
Driver School Candidate

Got the coilovers installed this weekend! After a few hiccups shes riding great. I didn't realize the upper control arms were resting against the shock tower and had maxed out my suspension travel. This lead to a very bumpy and uncomfortable ride to the Clean Culture meet this Saturday. Thankfully I was able to figure out the problem and resolve the issue Sunday. Car rides great, even with 5 people and a trunk of groceries. Much improved over the tired stock suspension, and really happy with my decision on BC coilovers.
Old 05-08-17, 11:46 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Man. That looks really nice on the Z wheels with that drop.
Old 05-08-17, 11:49 AM
ericjergs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by driftsucky
Man. That looks really nice on the Z wheels with that drop.
Yeah I wasn't expecting much, but it really took my friends and I by surprise. I'll probably pursue air before wheels now because of how good they look.
Old 05-08-17, 11:53 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah. Honestly, you can probably ride like that for a while before it gets old. I'd definitely say look at air before wheels...unless a great deal comes up. I'm always on the search for great wheel deals in the classifieds. I've just recently gotten to the point where I stop buying wheels for cars I don't have lol. My wife encouraged me to "do better" lol.
Old 05-08-17, 11:58 AM
ericjergs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by driftsucky
Yeah. Honestly, you can probably ride like that for a while before it gets old. I'd definitely say look at air before wheels...unless a great deal comes up. I'm always on the search for great wheel deals in the classifieds. I've just recently gotten to the point where I stop buying wheels for cars I don't have lol. My wife encouraged me to "do better" lol.
Lol, no wife here to direct me. I'm sure my wallet would have a complaint or two though!
The following users liked this post:
driftsucky (05-08-17)
Old 06-29-17, 05:38 PM
ericjergs
Driver School Candidate

Was able to piece together pads and rotors for all 4 corners using amazon warehouse deals for ~150-160 dollars, was having some bad vibration from warped rotors. They aren't anything special, just standard OEM replacement C-tek (Centric) stuff. Everything went together nicely and the brakes feel good as well. I'm going to be painting my calipers a bright silver within the next month, and work on saving for projectors/clear corners for the front lights. Pictures to come!

I want to look into shaving the useless turning lights from the bottom of the front bumper, along with the side markers and front plate indention. Haven't been able to find much on people doing this so it should be interesting, does anyone have a link they can share discussing this? Thanks!
Old 07-01-17, 12:28 AM
evan55
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Those 350z wheels look good!