Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-17, 02:23 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Headlights are still at the shop getting retrofitted with the new projectors. In the meantime, I've jumped on that FIGS LCA promotion so I can't wait for those to come in! The inner tire wear is f'ing up my brand new tires badly
Old 11-07-17, 08:24 PM
TMA1111
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sick Build

Hey,
The car looks amazing you should definitely come out to the clublexustoronto meets next year.
Checkout the instagram and Facebook page for info on future meets.
Facebook Post
https://www.instagram.com/clublexustoronto/
See you around.
The following users liked this post:
Aspect (11-09-17)
Old 11-09-17, 05:51 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by TMA1111
Hey,
The car looks amazing you should definitely come out to the clublexustoronto meets next year.
Checkout the instagram and Facebook page for info on future meets.
https://www.facebook.com/ClubLexusToronto/
https://www.instagram.com/clublexustoronto/
See you around.
Thanks man, the car should be in decent condition to show up by next year for sure! I already follow CL Toronto on FB and Instagram so it's more of planning which event is worth the drive :P
Old 11-18-17, 04:55 PM
Aspect
Racer

FIGS 80 Duro Lower Mount LCA Bushings installed. Took me 3 hours to do but the results are 100% worth it. Took so much longer because of the stubborn subframe bolts that come out much easier than they go back in - thought I was stripping the subframe threads based on how much effort it took to tighten them back in - especially the one at 121 ft/lbs.

My advice to anyone else who DIYs this, remove the wheels and remove the subframe bracket to give you more room to maneuver especially on the cramped garage floor
Old 11-21-17, 07:14 AM
Aspect
Racer

Winterized my car - winter tires/wheels on, coilovers and lip off, OEM suspension installed... and while I was at it, got my resonator deleted

Last edited by Aspect; 12-17-17 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-24-17, 08:09 AM
NIAautoDesign
Former Sponsor

Received 213 Likes on 123 Posts

looks sick! loving the mods!
Aspect (11-24-17)
Old 11-24-17, 08:40 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by NIAautoDesign
looks sick! loving the mods!
Thanks a lot! Appreciate the love.
Old 12-01-17, 06:29 AM
Aspect
Racer

New resonator came in yesterday. I was starting to hate the low 1-2k rpm noise with the resonator delete. Not sure if I would define it as rasp, but unless it came on cam it definitely wasn't an upgrade in terms of overall sound since I've started to commute daily and everyone has started slowing down because of winter. Heard some good things about vibrant ultra quiet resonators so I'm trying them out, I kinda wanted whitebeast's aero turbine setup but went with this one instead because of amazon prime. Going to install it today and will post back impressions later on.

Last edited by Aspect; 12-26-17 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-17-17, 05:36 PM
Aspect
Racer

Just remembered to upload my new sound clip. The exhaust is back to being nice and quiet at low RPM but keeping that straight through sound >4k RPM. Def suits my taste more.

Old 12-20-17, 02:06 PM
Aspect
Racer

It's winter here but that's not stopping me from planning out Spring 2018.
H&R 20mm spacers for the rear
Muteki SR48 lugs in Titanium
ARP extended studs coming in 2018

Old 12-20-17, 03:40 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect
New resonator came in yesterday. I was starting to hate the low 1-2k rpm noise. Not sure if I would define it as rasp, but unless it came on cam it definitely wasn't an upgrade in terms of overall sound since I've started to commute daily and everyone has started slowing down because of winter. Heard some good things about vibrant ultra quiet resonators so I'm trying them out, I kinda wanted whitebeast's aero turbine setup but went with this one instead because of amazon prime. Going to install it today and will post back impressions later on.

This is the reason I still haven't pulled the trigger on a Tanabe Exhaust. I like how it's quiet for now, but I don't want the extra noise in the cabin.
Old 12-29-17, 06:26 PM
rwhtide
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

this is great! props on the DIY bushings. had two quick questions: what does the isf steering ecu do for ya? and what exactly feels different about the car after you installed the upgraded bushings? I'm doing everything I can on my '10 250 awd without purchasing anything over $500 (so far ), but I'm running out of ideas. have not yet done bushings, sways or any ecu tinkering or tuning. H&R springs and MR front strut bar seem to work really well so far, but I'm considering more suspension work..
Old 12-30-17, 05:21 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by rwhtide
this is great! props on the DIY bushings. had two quick questions: what does the isf steering ecu do for ya? and what exactly feels different about the car after you installed the upgraded bushings? I'm doing everything I can on my '10 250 awd without purchasing anything over $500 (so far ), but I'm running out of ideas. have not yet done bushings, sways or any ecu tinkering or tuning. H&R springs and MR front strut bar seem to work really well so far, but I'm considering more suspension work..
The ISF steering ECU is supposed to give extra steering feel and weight and also changes some parameters for the VSC system, it allows for a bit more slide without cutting power to the wheels and also reduces the power cut when a wheel is off the ground for a second like getting off a tall curb. Also changes the power button to a sport button like on the ISF - better throttle response, more direct on center steering, and a less intrusive VSC traction control kick in.
The FIGS bushings improve steering feel and directness but also prevents inner tire wear on the front due to toe deflection under braking and improves braking/braking feel with less nose dive
Old 12-30-17, 09:07 AM
rwhtide
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect
The ISF steering ECU is supposed to give extra steering feel and weight and also changes some parameters for the VSC system, it allows for a bit more slide without cutting power to the wheels and also reduces the power cut when a wheel is off the ground for a second like getting off a tall curb. Also changes the power button to a sport button like on the ISF - better throttle response, more direct on center steering, and a less intrusive VSC traction control kick in.
The FIGS bushings improve steering feel and directness but also prevents inner tire wear on the front due to toe deflection under braking and improves braking/braking feel with less nose dive
i get a lot of twitchiness on interstates and bridge connectors at 60mph+, think either the bushings or steering ecu would help with that? thanks for the explanation btw! still learning the ins and outs of these cars
Old 12-30-17, 10:36 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by rwhtide
i get a lot of twitchiness on interstates and bridge connectors at 60mph+, think either the bushings or steering ecu would help with that? thanks for the explanation btw! still learning the ins and outs of these cars
twitchiness is probably your tires and tramlining effect - how the tires follow grooves on the road - wider tires increases tramlining. Else I'd check all your rubber bushings and control arms just to make sure everything is still in good shape, otherwise the FIGS bushing reduces bump steer a bit
rwhtide (12-30-17)

Quick Reply: Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD