Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

2jz gte swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-17, 09:36 PM
GMoney2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jz gte swap questions

Hey everyone I'm looking to get the Toyota Aristo swap next weekend I have a 2000 GS300 I'm getting the Toyota Aristo motor with the automatic transmission and wanted to know about the specific type of ecu's I should use with a tunable capability and also looking to upgrade the injectors as well along with the turbos and any other ideas I don't have it in mind as of yet would like to know what I should look into for the specifics of the swap spend about 2k for the swap and we'll have a $2,500 budget after I was going to get things like gauges in all that stuff but was also wondering what else I should get specifically want to keep it nice and reliable and still daily drivable would gladly take suggestions thank you
Old 05-22-17, 11:11 AM
heybdyevry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I myself have a 2000 Lexus Gs300, for my application. I'm using the aristo motor completely stock and untouched. I recommend finding a motor with the ecu with out the immobilizer. if you were going to use the stock ecu. I recommend getting a DLI and FCD if you're going to up the boost. The DLI will help with a stronger spark and won't cut out spark. In my case I spent only 1600 on the motor it self and bought a drive shaft adapter piece so the the aristo tranny and stock gs300 driveshaft can mate up together. (Techno tuning classic has them, find them on facebook.) I've used those on two cars already so it should be good. the spacer was around 170 as well for intercooler i bought a kit instead of piecing it together, which you can do and drop the price in half. as for fuel pump goes, im using a aristo pump i found on ebay, price varies between 80-200. you can use the stock pump, just you have to drill a hole on the pump assembly and use a threaded 90 degrees with a barb end. it will do the same purpose. as for fuel line you'll need about 13 feet on fuel line. 5/16 i believe. Don't quote me on that. if you have further questions, hit me up om instagram @HeyBodyEvery
Old 06-05-17, 10:18 AM
LexLova
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by heybdyevry
I myself have a 2000 Lexus Gs300, for my application. I'm using the aristo motor completely stock and untouched. I recommend finding a motor with the ecu with out the immobilizer. if you were going to use the stock ecu. I recommend getting a DLI and FCD if you're going to up the boost. The DLI will help with a stronger spark and won't cut out spark. In my case I spent only 1600 on the motor it self and bought a drive shaft adapter piece so the the aristo tranny and stock gs300 driveshaft can mate up together. (Techno tuning classic has them, find them on facebook.) I've used those on two cars already so it should be good. the spacer was around 170 as well for intercooler i bought a kit instead of piecing it together, which you can do and drop the price in half. as for fuel pump goes, im using a aristo pump i found on ebay, price varies between 80-200. you can use the stock pump, just you have to drill a hole on the pump assembly and use a threaded 90 degrees with a barb end. it will do the same purpose. as for fuel line you'll need about 13 feet on fuel line. 5/16 i believe. Don't quote me on that. if you have further questions, hit me up om instagram @HeyBodyEvery
top of jdm fuel pump with bottom of usdm is needed for gauge to be accurate and functional . Jdm pumps more fuel than usdm. Also any 1/2/3UZ driveshaft works plug n play , Any LS GS SC 400/430 driveshaft. HKS FCD & SLD for boost cut n speed delimiter from 110mph stock jdm limit . Repin wire #3 on igniter for tach.
Old 02-02-18, 09:02 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexLova
Also any 1/2/3UZ driveshaft works plug n play , Any LS GS SC 400/430 driveshaft.
Is there any truth to this statement? If the front half of the driveshaft is about a foot shorter than the GS or Aristo shaft, how could it be plug and play? It’s info like this that made me confident enough to go pull a DS out of a 1uz only to find out that it’s too short.
Old 02-02-18, 11:10 PM
Meowmr2
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i tried repining the #3 for tach to work and it didnt work for me.
Old 02-03-18, 12:19 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

I feel compelled to share my experience with you and am not trying to start an argument. first, on the topic of the fuel pump from an aristo. I used the complete fuel pump assembly and just swapped the fuel pump to a DW pump. but the body of the fuel pump module is all aristo. I dont have any fuel level issues. Ive ran my tank to empty a few times and each time fill the tank with 16 gallons and that puts the gauge just over the full mark.
On the driveshaft i used my stock gs430 drive shaft and it hooked right up with out any binding or forcing.
Old 02-03-18, 03:58 PM
VIP161
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badblackgs
On the driveshaft i used my stock gs430 drive shaft and it hooked right up with out any binding or forcing.
On that one there, what is the length of the front half of the driveshaft?