Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

FSport's IS-350 running list of service & maintenance DIY

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-20, 10:37 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,718 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportBill
@2013FSport I wish I could help you out but honestly I have no idea.....I went to my body shop guy with a long "grocery list" of wants and desires including basically painting the whole front end (front bumper, hood, right and left front quarter panels), roof and rear spoiler painted gloss black, buff out headlights, new headlight bulbs and new fogs, painted calipers, new grill insert and new emblems (Pretty sure they were from E-Bay)......etc, etc.......so yeah, $4,500 later and it looks like new and the way I wanted it......only reason I bought it was because it's a 350 F-sport in the USB color with no accidents and a clean carfax.....hard to find!........and I only looked so hard for one because I love the way your car looks!

Sun baked IS350 from New Mexico

in the body shop

in the body shop

$4,500 later

looking sweeeeeet!

sexy tips!
That is definitely dedication! I commend you sir! Happy New year!
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
2013FSport (01-21-21), FSportBill (01-01-21)
Old 01-20-21, 09:38 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,534 Likes on 1,276 Posts

@FSportBill ever seen a hole so dirty? LOL
She's gonna need some love to make that go away!
Ya, it rained a lot this week. This year for that matter. At least we try to have 4 seasons here! I think it was 32° when I left, I took this after scraping the ice off the windows, thinking she sure is dirty. I doubt FSportBill's 350 sees this s h / t! Haha!

Tune or no tune, it always looks this way over time... The holes that is!
The following users liked this post:
FSportBill (01-21-21)
Old 01-21-21, 09:57 AM
FSportBill
Driver

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
@FSportBill ever seen a hole so dirty? LOL
She's gonna need some love to make that go away!
Ya, it rained a lot this week. This year for that matter. At least we try to have 4 seasons here! I think it was 32° when I left, I took this after scraping the ice off the windows, thinking she sure is dirty. I doubt FSportBill's 350 sees this s h / t! Haha!

Tune or no tune, it always looks this way over time... The holes that is!

@2013FSport ...you're fricking hilarious!.....but it's true......my IS350 doesn't get to see the rain......she's tucked in the garage all nice and snug and doesn't get dirty....(Too much!....LOL).......I had a 2 stage paint correction done and pay a guy to come detail it every month to keep it looking glossy and clean.......don't trust the local car wash guys who will mess it up!......it's my weekend car and I have a 2012 Taco as a daily driver and a work truck......but I commend you for actually driving the crap out of yours!!.....I need to take a cruise today because the forecast is calling for 7 days of rain in So CA starting tomorrow night.....even though my car looks pretty yours has some extra goodies that are awesome!!.....I can't thank you enough for inspiring me to find and buy my USB IS350!
2013FSport (01-21-21)
Old 01-21-21, 12:25 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by FSportBill
@2013FSport ...you're fricking hilarious!.....but it's true......my IS350 doesn't get to see the rain......she's tucked in the garage all nice and snug and doesn't get dirty....(Too much!....LOL).......I had a 2 stage paint correction done and pay a guy to come detail it every month to keep it looking glossy and clean.......don't trust the local car wash guys who will mess it up!......it's my weekend car and I have a 2012 Taco as a daily driver and a work truck......but I commend you for actually driving the crap out of yours!!.....I need to take a cruise today because the forecast is calling for 7 days of rain in So CA starting tomorrow night.....even though my car looks pretty yours has some extra goodies that are awesome!!.....I can't thank you enough for inspiring me to find and buy my USB IS350!
Sounds like the difference between being married for 30 years and a new bride there (your 350)! Nothing but the best for her...

Meanwhile up North, I run the wheels off mine!

FWIW - I hand wash in between storms. Car washes are just too harsh. So she does get some personal attention! lol
FSportBill (01-21-21)
Old 01-25-21, 08:51 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Default Cold start misfire, there all along, easily heard w new exhaust

Any other 350's out there notice cold start misfire at idle as the temperatures drop? This can be in gear or in neutral.

I'm pretty sure it's been there all along, but the exhaust being opened up makes it more pronounced. Temps are in the mid 30's...

As soon as she warms up, smooth sailing, no misfires. Oh, it does NOT seem random either... I tried to connect with Torque and Fusion for pending codes, but it seems some update Verizon/Samsung did, F'd it all up. Why they have to change things and add more BS, need to know everything is nearly beyond me. Oh wait, except they need their F'g nose in everything we do these days. Thank you very much corporate America!!!
/end rant...
Old 01-25-21, 09:50 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Any other 350's out there notice cold start misfire at idle as the temperatures drop? This can be in gear or in neutral.

I'm pretty sure it's been there all along, but the exhaust being opened up makes it more pronounced. Temps are in the mid 30's...

As soon as she warms up, smooth sailing, no misfires. Oh, it does NOT seem random either... I tried to connect with Torque and Fusion for pending codes, but it seems some update Verizon/Samsung did, F'd it all up. Why they have to change things and add more BS, need to know everything is nearly beyond me. Oh wait, except they need their F'g nose in everything we do these days. Thank you very much corporate America!!!
/end rant...
I am not having that issue. This morning it was unusually cold (38F) and she started right up and ran with no misfires
Old 01-25-21, 03:06 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I am not having that issue. This morning it was unusually cold (38F) and she started right up and ran with no misfires
This is not visible via tachometer or chassis vibrations, or notible engine shake, well anything but a faint faint audible pop from the exhaust that appears to happen like every 4th crankshaft revolution.

I suppose it's past due for a MAF hosing/cleaning and has 60k on the plugs...

Listen real close on your next cold start. Sounds like a lean misfire. Lean warms them up quicker by the way...
AMIRZA786 (01-25-21)
Old 01-25-21, 03:24 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

This is not visible via tachometer or chassis vibrations, or notible engine shake, well anything but a faint faint audible pop from the exhaust that appears to happen like every 4th crankshaft revolution.

I suppose it's past due for a MAF hosing/cleaning and has 60k on the plugs...

Listen real close on your next cold start. Sounds like a lean misfire. Lean warms them up quicker by the way...
I've read that cold starts have a richer fuel mixture using a richer AFR in anticipation that a decent amount of fuel will not be burned, as the effective AFR is leaner than expected, so the mixture is enriched to compensate. There are definitely some very faint pops that do occur first starting the car on a very cold morning, but they usually go away quickly. Yep, it's time to change your plugs, 60K is past the recommended mileage! Not fun changing these plugs, I'll tell you, at least for me
Old 01-25-21, 05:01 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I've read that cold starts have a richer fuel mixture using a richer AFR in anticipation that a decent amount of fuel will not be burned, as the effective AFR is leaner than expected, so the mixture is enriched to compensate. There are definitely some very faint pops that do occur first starting the car on a very cold morning, but they usually go away quickly. Yep, it's time to change your plugs, 60K is past the recommended mileage! Not fun changing these plugs, I'll tell you, at least for me

Perhaps before I made that statement I should have clarified things a bit. For driveability engine stability they do run rich, however if you look at the STFT and O2 sensor data, no load idle appears to run slightly leaner to warm the engine quicker. ONCE the throttle is tapped, it richens to reduce the potential for stalling.

Just saying, this engine / emissions package set a standard for power output while meeting reduced emissions and compliance to the Ultra Low Emissions Level - ULEV II certification.

To do that, they changed things up a bit, while still allowing it to pull hard in open loop, no o2 monitors mucking with HP/TQ output... every little bit counts...
AMIRZA786 (01-25-21)
Old 01-25-21, 06:15 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Perhaps before I made that statement I should have clarified things a bit. For driveability engine stability they do run rich, however if you look at the STFT and O2 sensor data, no load idle appears to run slightly leaner to warm the engine quicker. ONCE the throttle is tapped, it richens to reduce the potential for stalling.

Just saying, this engine / emissions package set a standard for power output while meeting reduced emissions and compliance to the Ultra Low Emissions Level - ULEV II certification.

To do that, they changed things up a bit, while still allowing it to pull hard in open loop, no o2 monitors mucking with HP/TQ output... every little bit counts...
Yeah, got it. Emission standards are kind of a mixed bag, but mostly good. It forced us to innovate instead of just throwing displacement at the problem like the good ol days. As a Californian growing up in smoggy LA (couldn't even see the Hollywood sign most days although it was only 7 miles away) I totally am behind the emissions standards, you can see the difference today in SoCal's air quality, which is not perfect at least better than when I was growing up. Ok, rant over!
2013FSport (01-25-21)
Old 01-25-21, 07:33 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

It's so mild, its very hard to detect. That said, after firing it off for drive home ( 37°), I could hear for short period of 30 seconds and never repeated.

Torque Pro shows zero, nada in the last 10 drive cycles so It could be a post cat exhaust leak. The F-Sport gaskets don't look very forgiving. I'll have to stick my head under there some time...

That said, exhaust leaks don't fix themselves!
Old 02-13-21, 03:28 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Temps are in the 20's, roads are covered in snow and ice, car is parked for the next few days. That said, these guys are awfully thirsty, coming right in before I can hang the feeder!

The following 3 users liked this post by 2013FSport:
AMIRZA786 (02-13-21), FSportBill (02-16-21), sede7 (04-12-21)
Old 02-13-21, 11:21 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Temps are in the 20's, roads are covered in snow and ice, car is parked for the next few days. That said, these guys are awfully thirsty, coming right in before I can hang the feeder!
We should all change our profile pics with our side profile doing something with the IS in the distance! If we had snow here where I live, there would probably be some light drifting in my future
The following 2 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
2013FSport (02-14-21), sede7 (04-12-21)
Old 02-17-21, 02:08 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

When the snow under your tire is unforgiving....
And ya, another dirty 350 picture. Maybe we shohld have a thread for that?

Glad this isn't lowered, I never would have made it anywhere!
The following 2 users liked this post by 2013FSport:
AMIRZA786 (02-17-21), sede7 (04-12-21)
Old 02-17-21, 02:16 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

When the snow under your tire is unforgiving....
And ya, another dirty 350 picture. Maybe we shohld have a thread for that?
Glad this isn't lowered, I never would have made it anywhere!
That's a cute piece of snow under your tire! It could be worse. Our San Antonio, TX office has been without power since Monday. A lot of my co-workers in Texas don't have power, running water, and most important...Internet! Grocery stores have long lines. And Texas is supposed to be the largest energy producer in the country...
2013FSport (02-17-21)

Quick Reply: FSport's IS-350 running list of service & maintenance DIY