Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-19, 08:24 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by EmanTheMan
That makes more sense! Thank you! Question, if I happen to buy a the foglights that kos let me know about (post above) is it possible to somehow make the housing yellow? Or would it be best to just buy Yellow LED lights?
You can purchase yellow colored led but it wont be the same color as using the yellow capsule JDM fog lamp. Also for the side light that is extra you can wire that how ever you like into the turn signal or how ever you want to light it up. It is typically a 7440 bulb.
Old 06-24-20, 07:14 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 757 Likes on 535 Posts

Got the car professionally detailed. It received a two stage polish and then a two part ceramic coating (Gtechniq EXO and Crystal Serum Light). The headlights were polished out to perfection as were the taillights and everything in between. The detailer put around 30 hours into the car over the course of 7 days and it just looks amazing now. I'm waiting for a sunny day to get some proper pictures.

Of course it rained a bit on the way home, so I had to lightly wipe it down and now it will sit for a week to let the coatings fully cure. I still need to redo the grill with a sturdier paint and get some touch up paint for some spots on the hood and front bumper. I'm also going to get new BBS caps for the wheels, either white, blue, or red... haven't decided which yet. Other than that and perhaps a bit darker window tint, I think the car is done. I've toyed with spacers and the rare TRD springs, but I'm content with the stance and the ride as is. Who knows though, I'm still on YAJ almost every single day... always searching for the next rare part.
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (11-29-21)
Old 06-25-20, 08:55 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts

That looks so good. I'm really liking the BBS on there. I vote Red caps!
Old 06-25-20, 08:58 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by kos
That looks so good. I'm really liking the BBS on there. I vote Red caps!
I'm thinking red will look the best but I think blue would be something different and white would be a really rare look. Only get one shot to get it right as the four caps all said and done will be about $185.
Old 06-26-20, 01:13 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 81 Posts

Looks awesome dude, liked the pics on IG.

I am also looking to touch up my front grill, so let me know where you get the paint and how close of a match it is.

In my progress build thread I touched up some of the stone chips on the front and it came out really well.

(Ps: I would opt for white center caps )

Keep up the good work
Romanova (06-26-20)
Old 06-26-20, 02:28 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by YannG
Looks awesome dude, liked the pics on IG.

I am also looking to touch up my front grill, so let me know where you get the paint and how close of a match it is.

In my progress build thread I touched up some of the stone chips on the front and it came out really well.

(Ps: I would opt for white center caps )

Keep up the good work
I don't remember what I used for the grill, just a matte black spray paint. I did multiple coats and it did not stick well at all. Need to go to Lowe's and find something a bit better for the next attempt that will hopefully be more durable. I ordered the 3 part OEM 062 Crystal White touch up kit from eBay. I'll get a couple of touch up pens from Amazon and get to it soon.

Good call on the white caps, that would probably be the most unique look out of the possible colors.

They *should* work... I used the part number off the back of the black caps that came with the wheels...
Old 06-27-20, 02:35 PM
Romanova
Racer

Added a better phone mount. Use my phone for Google Maps via Android Auto and this is the best option. Didn't want a vent clip or anything with adhesive and suction cup ones are a paint with the sun shade which is required in Texas. A bit spendy, but worth it.
rsvpdavid (05-28-21)
Old 06-28-20, 09:20 PM
mykvr6
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Car is looking good. I need to clean mine up and drive it some more. I've been driving my truck mostly so it just sits in the garage and the battery keeps dying. On that note I did get a lithium battery jump pack that works great. I drove it the other day and it feels so soft. I still need to do something with the suspension. New springs and probably OE sport suspension dampers. And then gather parts for its second timing belt change.
As for the detail how did you find Mitch's Motors? First time using him?
Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 06-29-20, 07:54 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by mykvr6
Car is looking good. I need to clean mine up and drive it some more. I've been driving my truck mostly so it just sits in the garage and the battery keeps dying. On that note I did get a lithium battery jump pack that works great. I drove it the other day and it feels so soft. I still need to do something with the suspension. New springs and probably OE sport suspension dampers. And then gather parts for its second timing belt change.
As for the detail how did you find Mitch's Motors? First time using him?
Thank you. I will say that a Battery Tender is the way to go. I don't drive mine much either and always leave in on the Battery Tender so it's ready to go.

As far as using Mitch and Mitch's Motors, I used him on my ES330 for a headlight correction and PPF removal. I've followed him on IG for awhile now and he had the best eye for the small details and is really perfection-oriented. When we met to discuss how I wanted my car to look and what exactly I wanted done, he was right there with me and was really excited for the project. There are a ton of details in Houston that I follow or am aware of and really, I would only use Mitch (best location from where I am at), Jason Cavallo at https://www.cavalloautosalon.com/, or finally if I wanted it done at my house I would use https://www.facebook.com/theglossbossdetail/

Having Mitch do it at his location, he was able to take the time to really get into it and nothing was rushed. He stated that he put roughly 30 hours into the car and I believe it. I'm taking my GX460 next month for a lighter correction and coating since it sits outside full time.
Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 05-11-21, 09:51 AM
rsvpdavid
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Can you specify a screenshot of modifications you can make using techstream?
THANKS!
Old 05-11-21, 09:52 AM
rsvpdavid
Rookie

*PLEASE* post the name of where you got this phone mount! THX!
Old 05-28-21, 12:01 PM
rsvpdavid
Rookie

Originally Posted by rsvpdavid
*PLEASE* post the name of where you got this phone mount! THX!
...Would still really like to know who makes that phone bracket. pls reply. THANKS.
Old 05-28-21, 12:52 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by rsvpdavid
...Would still really like to know who makes that phone bracket. pls reply. THANKS.
So sorry, missed the update when you posted. The mount is from ProClip; https://www.proclipusa.com/
Follow the prompts on their website to select your phone, then build the mount by selecting the car. It is a great mount for the LS430 and holds the phone securely. It's a little pricey, but they are having a sale now for Memorial Day.
rsvpdavid (05-28-21)
Old 05-28-21, 03:39 PM
rsvpdavid
Rookie

Thanks Romanova!
Old 06-25-21, 09:11 AM
Romanova
Racer

Currently driving the car now as a daily driver, about 200 miles a week or so, which I am really enjoying after driving my company car for so long.

Washed it today and a lot of the paint is flaking off of the calipers. Not sure what happened as they had multiple coats and were prepped well. I think I'm going to order a Centric replacement caliper as they have ones that are powdercoated black, about $115 from Rock Auto. If the quality is good, then I'll get the other side. Thankfully the rears are still holding up.

Rolled over 89k a few days ago. This should put me at about 15k miles in four years of ownership, not bad.

Plans for the car still include a complete re-tint of all the windows, the red BBS caps, a brake fluid flush, and 3 drain and fills on the transmission. I bought a new Denso radiator, thermostat, and OEM upper and lower hoses just to have on hand. I'm sure the stock radiator is fine, but the heat here in Houston has to take a toll on the plastic end tanks. I plan to swap it all in the fall. Will also do a new Costco Interstate battery just as a preventative since it will be four years old soon. Other than that, I'm very happy with the car and it is such a treat to drive, especially since my commute has a bit of highway in it so she gets to stretch her legs once in awhile.
cowincanad (07-18-21)

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog