Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-17, 11:31 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 520 Posts

Replaced the passenger side headlight bulb today. When I popped off the panel it was pretty gross, so I went to work. A quick treatment of compressed air, then a wipe down with quick detailer, a hand pass with V38, and a coat of M-Sealant and it's good as new.

Old 11-19-17, 07:54 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I love this build so far! The car looks fantastic!
Old 11-22-17, 12:28 PM
Romanova
Racer

Popped off the driver's side engine bay cover today to pull one of the spark plugs for examination. The plugs appear to be original and seem to be in OK shape, though I will plan for a replacement in the near future just to check it off the list. Had to polish up the area underneath the cover real quick...

Used some 303 on the main rubber covering for the harness that goes towards the block... seemed to work well.
The following users liked this post:
3GS404 (05-24-18)
Old 11-23-17, 11:43 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The attention to detail that you have is impressive. Told my wife this is what I'm doing on my next Lexus. All I got was an eye roll.
Old 11-25-17, 09:13 AM
ltd76gold
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Had to have my bride (of 35 years ) read your post/blog Romanova. She has been putting up with me and my rides for decades.

As a kid, I worked summers for a dealership in their detailing dept. I just loved that work. They would bring me a real pos and in two days...whalla! Had every trick pony tool which made it easier and we had a wrench that could get something running again after we just flat soaked the engine/bay with a steam pressure washer. While we were not in any way going for "concours d' elegance", the Boss would come by when we were done and with a white shop towel, wipe places that most likely had never been wiped...under rubber seals, behind real bumpers...that sort of thing. Had to be clean!

The bride has a garden.... she loves dirt. I have cars/bikes. maybe that is why we have lasted those 35 years...

Your ride looks and works as good as can be. Great job with the pix too. I never seem to get to that before I put her (my car "serenity) back on the road. Keep posting!

Thanks,
Doug k
Old 12-01-17, 05:37 PM
LS430Cat
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It’s looking amazing!
Old 12-02-17, 10:12 AM
tallcaguy
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
The attention to detail that you have is impressive. Told my wife this is what I'm doing on my next Lexus. All I got was an eye roll.
I used to get the eye roll if I said ANYTHING about my Lex. She would accuse me of using the "L-word". Put the keys to the 430 in her hand and got her to drive it. That helped. Bought her a nice 330 which worked well. However, she's now showing me pix of LC500's and telling me how much she likes the car.........
Old 01-12-18, 11:33 AM
Romanova
Racer

Ordered some new floor mats. My car was missing the rear mats, so it's nice to have them now. I'm going to try and sell the new fronts, as my fronts are pretty much mint. The quality of these new ones isn't quite as good as the original factory mats... not quite as plush. Still, they are nice enough.

Still driving the car once in awhile. Acquiring brake parts so I can do the brakes all around when it warms up a bit.
Old 03-06-18, 09:52 AM
Romanova
Racer

Went to test drive an 05 LS430 for a forum member here, so I had to get a shot of both cars together. I love my white 06, but the silver was really sharp, even with a heavy dusting of yellow pollen.

Real updates coming soon. Been collecting parts here and there for some maintenance issues, just haven't had the time to get much done.
Old 03-18-18, 02:32 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

love the attention to detail!

I need to get my hands on some chemical guys cleaning stuff, seems to be pretty decent!

Keep up the great work !
Old 03-22-18, 07:11 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

I think I found your review of the Phillips HID bulbs on Amazon.... Made me pull the trigger on the same ones!. Nice job on the clean up of the car so far too.
Romanova (03-22-18)
Old 04-21-18, 10:02 AM
Romanova
Racer

So I finally had some time to work on the LS. I've been driving it quite a bit, even if it's just to the gym and back, and the car got caught in some nasty weather/pollen so I was long overdue for a bath. After getting it cleaned up, I replaced the rear brakes.
Started with a new Centric wear sensor.

New OEM caliper bolts.

Before...

After.

I used Centric premium rotors which have the black painted hat area which should keep them looking good for years to come. For the pads, I used Powerstop Evolution Sports, which came with new hardware also. Whoever did them last really snugged up the caliper bolts, well beyond the 58 foot pounds that the service manual calls for, so I was glad to replace the bolts. While working on the car, I found that the left rear shock is really leaking and making a bit of a mess over everything, so that will be the next project. I was torn about going with SPORT shocks and Tanabe springs, but I think I'm just going to try the KYB shocks and leave the stock springs in place. Will update the thread once that project starts. I've also got the pads for the front, just haven't gotten the rotors yet. Amazon had them with Prime shipping, but sold out and have not restocked them, so I'll have to bite the bullet and get them from Rock Auto and pay shipping.

Boring update... sorry about that.
Old 05-04-18, 10:20 AM
Romanova
Racer

Did the front brakes. I used Centric premium rotors and Powerstop Evolution Sport pads. The rear pads came with all new hardware, but the fronts only had the little bracket and the wear sensor clip... they did not include the pin or the cotter pin... oh well. My front pads had a ton of life left in them, but I don't know what brand they were. The wear sensor wire had split due to the bend it has to make, so it was also replaced.

Before

After

I also replaced the caliper bolts with new OEM units.

I replaced the front sway bar bushings with polyurethane units.

Not sure if it will make much difference, but they were pretty cheap, so why not?
Old 05-05-18, 11:50 AM
Romanova
Racer

This weatherstrip had been bothering me for awhile, so I ordered a new one and replaced it. I also found that the passenger side is also torn and will need to be replaced, though it wasn't as bad as the driver's side.
Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 05-05-18, 12:39 PM
bradland

Received 673 Likes on 549 Posts

Is the weather strip part #6788750030 ? I have the exact same issue, thin strip is loose for approx 6", when the door is closed. I didn't realize it was part of the main strip.

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog