Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-18, 12:55 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by bradland
Is the weather strip part #6788750030 ? I have the exact same issue, thin strip is loose for approx 6", when the door is closed. I didn't realize it was part of the main strip.

Was $80 shipped from Bell Lexus.

Last edited by Romanova; 05-05-18 at 12:59 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Romanova:
3GS404 (05-24-18), bradland (05-05-18), Sulley (01-16-19), Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 05-07-18, 09:42 AM
Romanova
Racer

Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar showed up. Will install soon.

Found that all of the door seals are ripping or about to rip, so I found the passenger side on eBay for $55 shipped which was cheaper than the one I just bought for the driver's side. I'm also going to order the ones for the front doors next payday. Car sits inside now 95% of the time and all the seals are treated with 303, so I shouldn't have to worry about UV damage and wear on the replacements.
Old 05-11-18, 07:56 AM
Romanova
Racer

This guy showed up. Swore I wasn't going to upgrade the stereo but the price was right. Still need to order the Beat Sonic kit and figure out which backup camera I want to add. I'm curious to try Android Auto... should be fun.
The following users liked this post:
Z7USUDRV (05-15-23)
Old 05-13-18, 07:26 PM
Romanova
Racer

Several vendors on eBay had the rear seals for $55 shipped, which is significantly cheaper than Bell Lexus, so I took a chance and ordered the one for the rear passenger door. That seal was starting to separate but hadn't quite fully torn away yet. I changed it and now it should be good for a long time. I'm also going to do the front door seals, though those are significantly cheaper than the rears.
Old 05-15-18, 09:55 AM
Romanova
Racer

Ordered the Beat Sonic kit, hopefully it will be here this weekend.

I'm really torn on backup cameras. The Pioneer one has so-so reviews. There is a Chinese one on Amazon with great reviews, but it looks like it needs a pretty healthy size hole to feed the wires through. Been trolling through the forum and I can't find any info from people who have added a camera to a non-nav non ML system. Old MotoHide-san did it to his, but he hasn't been active here for years. I reached out to him on Flickr where he is still active, but never heard anything back.

The cameras are only $50 each on eBay, so I might order both and see which one will fit the best and give the best OEM appearance. If neither fits the bill then the backup sensors will have to do.
Old 05-23-18, 09:40 AM
Romanova
Racer

Still waiting on the Beat Sonic kit. Never order anything from CarID, they have to be the worst vendor in the world. Huge mistake dealing with them.

On a more positive note, I've got several bids working now on Yahoo Auctions Japan... hopefully everything pans out. If it does, I should have a few rare items to show off in about two weeks time. I am using a service that purchases the item and receives it in Japan, then forwards it to the States. I probably should have started with something cheap and small... oh well.

Also ordered a new weatherstripping and clips for the driver's side front door. Seems like all four of my weatherstripping had started to split, some worse than others. Thankfully the fronts are pretty cheap compared to the rears. Will document the replacement with pictures when it arrives.
Old 05-25-18, 11:22 AM
Romanova
Racer

Got something incredibly special coming from Japan. Hoping to receive it in two weeks or so. Should be one of the only LS430s in the country with this piece...
Old 05-25-18, 06:42 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 189 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
Got something incredibly special coming from Japan. Hoping to receive it in two weeks or so. Should be one of the only LS430s in the country with this piece...
What is it? I wanna know lol
Old 05-25-18, 07:06 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
What is it? I wanna know lol
Something expensive and something that I've never seen on a US car before. It still has to arrive at the buying service in Japan and then get shipped here. I'm waiting for it to arrive so I can install it and then I'll reveal it.

Seriously though, YAJ is pretty dangerous once you really get into it and figure out the proper search terms for what you're looking for. There is a lot of cool, rare items on there for our cars, though a lot of the rare stuff is for the 01-03 or the EARLY cars as they refer to them over there. I saw a set of the Toms fender vents NIB that sold for $300 a few days ago... those would have been so cool. I probably spend 30 minutes a day running through my search terms trying to see what I can find.

There is a TRD Celsior catalog( there is also this; http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/global/u...ts/f070m.html# )... well, it looks like it's two pages... but it has all the items you could get from TRD for your Celsior. I didn't know you could get option BBS wheels. I've been searching wheels pretty heavily and found what I believe to be a set of the OEM optional wheels; https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q160864891
With shipping, after getting the new tires unmounted and discarded, it would be about $2100. I love the OEM plus concept, but I'm kinda' set on a set of BBS LMs if I can find the right pair.
One thing at a time... that's all my wallet can handle.
Old 05-25-18, 08:45 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 189 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
Something expensive and something that I've never seen on a US car before. It still has to arrive at the buying service in Japan and then get shipped here. I'm waiting for it to arrive so I can install it and then I'll reveal it.

Seriously though, YAJ is pretty dangerous once you really get into it and figure out the proper search terms for what you're looking for. There is a lot of cool, rare items on there for our cars, though a lot of the rare stuff is for the 01-03 or the EARLY cars as they refer to them over there. I saw a set of the Toms fender vents NIB that sold for $300 a few days ago... those would have been so cool. I probably spend 30 minutes a day running through my search terms trying to see what I can find.

There is a TRD Celsior catalog( there is also this; http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/global/u...ts/f070m.html# )... well, it looks like it's two pages... but it has all the items you could get from TRD for your Celsior. I didn't know you could get option BBS wheels. I've been searching wheels pretty heavily and found what I believe to be a set of the OEM optional wheels; https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q160864891
With shipping, after getting the new tires unmounted and discarded, it would be about $2100. I love the OEM plus concept, but I'm kinda' set on a set of BBS LMs if I can find the right pair.
One thing at a time... that's all my wallet can handle.
The BBS wheels would be sick you didnt get the fender vents did you? I am in love with them and want them hahaha, if you ever come across a wincorp lip kit for 04-06 let me know thats my holy grail part(s) lol
Old 05-27-18, 08:22 AM
2KHarrier

Received 242 Likes on 200 Posts

Great info in this thread Roman... Nice work on your LS..
Old 05-27-18, 07:53 PM
mykvr6
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Any tips on adjusting the rear parking brake? its a shoe inside the disc housing right? Mine seems to not grab very well, it may just be out of adjustment since I know the brakes were done recently before I bought the car.
Old 05-27-18, 07:58 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by mykvr6
Any tips on adjusting the rear parking brake? its a shoe inside the disc housing right? Mine seems to not grab very well, it may just be out of adjustment since I know the brakes were done recently before I bought the car.
PM sent, hope it helps.
Old 05-29-18, 07:58 PM
Romanova
Racer

Waiting game now... "overnight parts from Japan!" Not quite over night, but should be here in 2-4 days. When everything shows up, I'm going to do a detailed breakdown of the experience of buying something from YAJ.
Old 06-01-18, 07:17 AM
Romanova
Racer

Won a used roof spoiler that is already painted Crystal White. The price was right, we will see about the shipping, due to the length. Not sure what brand it is. Will be a fun chore to remove all of the old double sided adhesive. Should be here in two weeks or so. The main surprise purchase should hopefully be here on Monday.

Beat Sonic kit arrived yesterday. Will work on getting all of that installed today.

Oh, don't let the price fool you. Still a auction fee, 3rd party fee, money fee, shipping fee, and then shipping to USA fee.

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog