Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-18, 08:31 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 520 Posts

Stereo is in. Pioneer MVH-2300NEX, Pioneer BC-8 backup camera (meh), and Beat Sonic SLA-24A.

Only took about 12 hours, but I was working in 20-30 minute increments due to it being over 100 degrees in the garage. I'm very happy with it and will look to upgrade the speakers soon.
I'm going to post in https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...y-install.html with some observations for anyone looking to do this upgrade in the future. It was pretty straight forward but still, challenging at times.
Old 06-05-18, 06:49 AM
Romanova
Racer

Found a TRD brochure for 2000¥, but wasn't wild enough about it to buy it for that price. Found the same one this morning for 150¥ ($1.50) and pulled the trigger. Once this arrives, I'll make a proper scan of it and upload it here for anyone that wants to check it out. The roof spoiler arrived at the 3rd party and shipping was only $50, which isn't too terrible due to the length of the spoiler. I've kicked around getting a trunk spoiler but I think I prefer the clean lines of a spoiler free trunk. The plan is to eventually get the LEXUS and LS430 trunk badges removed and have the holes filled. The hood and front bumper could use a respray due to chips, but all that will be down the road a bit.

The main thing I ordered from YAJ sat in customs for two days before being released so I'm hopeful to receive it any day now. Can't wait to get it, install it, and share it here. Also ordered some LED lights to hopefully rectify the non working HVAC lights, though I'm doubtful that all four of them died at once.

Pics for clicks!
Old 06-05-18, 11:28 AM
Romanova
Racer

Mail showed up before work. Will write up a detailed review later on tonight, but in the mean time... AIMGAIN! One of only a few in the states.

Like I said, I'll do up a full review later of the auction buying process and my overall opinion of it as well as of the grill.
Old 06-05-18, 04:35 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 189 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
Mail showed up before work. Will write up a detailed review later on tonight, but in the mean time... AIMGAIN! One of only a few in the states.

Like I said, I'll do up a full review later of the auction buying process and my overall opinion of it as well as of the grill.

Thats sick man, I cant wait to see what other goodies you get.
Old 06-06-18, 09:19 AM
Romanova
Racer

Grill is up for sale in the LS430 classified section. I like it, but I don't love it.
Old 06-12-18, 08:07 PM
Romanova
Racer

Won a used roof spoiler that is already painted Crystal White. The price was right, we will see about the shipping, due to the length. Not sure what brand it is. Will be a fun chore to remove all of the old double sided adhesive. Should be here in two weeks or so. The main surprise purchase should hopefully be here on Monday.

I'm done with YAJ for body parts. This was delivered today and is going straight in the trash. It's not even close to 062 Crystal White. It was poorly packed and has a big chip out of one of the corners. A complete waste of $200. I still want a roof spoiler, but I'm not sure I want to pay what a new one costs on YAJ, then have to pay shipping, then have to pay to get it painted... oh well, onto the next project for the LS430.

Actually, to revise this, I'm going to file a claim with the company that facilitated the purchase and see what happens.
Old 06-13-18, 07:02 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Damn bro thats super sad I hope you get your money back. How bad is the spoiler will you post some pics of it? If its not crazy messed up someone might buy it so you can at least get some of your money back. I am very hesitant to buy anything from YAJ now.
Old 06-13-18, 07:21 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by 05ls430518
Damn bro thats super sad I hope you get your money back. How bad is the spoiler will you post some pics of it? If its not crazy messed up someone might buy it so you can at least get some of your money back. I am very hesitant to buy anything from YAJ now.

Pretty sizeable chip, not to mention some scratches and what not. I'm sure a body guy could fix it, sand it, and paint it pretty quickly but I'm not willing to invest any more time into it. The buying service has already emailed me back asking for a few more pictures, so we will see how that goes. YAJ is still great, for some things. I just ordered a TRD push to start button for my GX460 for a pretty cheap price compared to what they are going for on eBay and I still plan to buy my wheels from YAJ. As far as aftermarket parts that have been painted, I will certainly avoid those from now on and while I wanted JDM headlights and fog lights, I will be hesitant for those. The problem with YAJ is the pictures aren't worth a crap. They really aren't high resolution and you can't zoom in on them. You can try and get with the seller to request more but it can be a hassle.
Old 06-13-18, 08:06 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Pretty sizeable chip, not to mention some scratches and what not. I'm sure a body guy could fix it, sand it, and paint it pretty quickly but I'm not willing to invest any more time into it. The buying service has already emailed me back asking for a few more pictures, so we will see how that goes. YAJ is still great, for some things. I just ordered a TRD push to start button for my GX460 for a pretty cheap price compared to what they are going for on eBay and I still plan to buy my wheels from YAJ. As far as aftermarket parts that have been painted, I will certainly avoid those from now on and while I wanted JDM headlights and fog lights, I will be hesitant for those. The problem with YAJ is the pictures aren't worth a crap. They really aren't high resolution and you can't zoom in on them. You can try and get with the seller to request more but it can be a hassle.
That would prolly be like $50-$60 to get that fixed and yah I was seriously considering buying that titanium exhaust but now I am 99% sure I wont. I dont want to be spending $3000 and get a bunch of crap titanium.

Why do you want jdm headlights besides black housing how do they differ from us spec ls430's?
Old 06-13-18, 08:09 AM
Romanova
Racer

Main difference on JDM head lights compared to USDM head lights is the lack of the amber reflector. DOT mandates that USDM cars will have the amber reflector in the housing which looks terrible. I'm sure you can, and some guys have, taken apart the USDM housing to remove the reflector but then you have to have something to put in its place.

MUCH cleaner! Oh, and note that the JDM cars have the signal light on the front fenders, something our USDM cars do not (thankfully) have.

Last edited by Romanova; 06-13-18 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-13-18, 12:52 PM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

What about the front fog lights ? Did I get the correct ones or are they not correct?
Old 06-13-18, 01:22 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by onthelo
What about the front fog lights ? Did I get the correct ones or are they not correct?
As long as they have two bulbs per housing, then you should have the correct ones. All the ones I've seen... Some have the yellow reflection in them and some don't.
Old 06-13-18, 01:59 PM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

As long as they have two bulbs per housing, then you should have the correct ones. All the ones I've seen... Some have the yellow reflection in them and some don't.
Cool thanks yes mine have the two bulb sockets and say Toyota on the back
Old 07-04-18, 09:33 AM
Romanova
Racer

Well, it took just under a month but I ended up getting a full refund for the roof spoiler from Buyee. It was a long process, but thankfully they came through. I'm just going to throw it away as I don't feel like paying to have it fixed and repainted and I don't even think I'm going to try again with a new roof spoiler.
Old 07-04-18, 02:11 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Well, it took just under a month but I ended up getting a full refund for the roof spoiler from Buyee. It was a long process, but thankfully they came through. I'm just going to throw it away as I don't feel like paying to have it fixed and repainted and I don't even think I'm going to try again with a new roof spoiler.
Why not just sell it in the classifieds for cheap? I'm sure someone would love to buy it.

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog