Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-20, 02:42 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,207 Likes on 836 Posts

Thanks Craig! I'm just as excited for this swap as I was for my SC... I can't wait to get it together and be able to cruise it around with my fiance and dog haha.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (11-18-20)
Old 11-25-20, 09:08 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Small update on the stimulus cruiser: sidepipes!!

Really having some fun trying to make this thing unique and cool. I've got a few hurdles to figure out with the exhaust manifolds, radiator, etc. However, the spring can't come soon enough. I'll continue to update for ****s and grins.

The following 2 users liked this post by RudysSC:
Bimmerbill (11-25-20), KahnBB6 (11-25-20)
Old 11-25-20, 10:46 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I like it, super unique and the UZ will sound amazing with those. The wheels look really good on that car too
Old 11-25-20, 12:09 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

haha Thanks Ali - glad you're diggin it! The sidepipes have built in glasspacks so I'm hoping it won't be too obnoxious. This is gonna be my around town car so I don't want to make it too ridiculous if I can help it.
Old 11-25-20, 10:16 PM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 148 Posts

that thing is super nostalgia i love it. keep it up
Old 11-25-20, 10:18 PM
silentkill
Advanced

Originally Posted by RudysSC
My buddy took a few photos while we were out cruising around the other day. I can't say enough good things about this car and how well it's running right now!

A quick flashback to when I had to replace my rear subframe due a large rust hole we found after purchasing it. It also got the KAAZ 2-way LSD and all poly bushings at this time.

How do you like the Kaaz? i'm thinking about ordering one.

Got any pics of that tow hook in the rear, i kinda like that for the other bumper hole.
Old 11-25-20, 11:09 PM
KahnBB6
Forum Moderator

Received 1,251 Likes on 871 Posts

Sidepipes aren't something every vehicle can pull off but this Cressida nails it. I like it! A classic 250hp V8 sedan sidepipe mufflers. I like the wheels too! That shade of white and the classic style recessed five-spokes are perfect. Now it's just begging for a Supra MKIII / IS300 / GT86 LSD to complete it Rudy Will this Older MX Cressida generation work with any off the shelf Toyota brake caliper upgrades as well?
Old 11-30-20, 03:08 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by silentkill
that thing is super nostalgia i love it. keep it up
Yo thank you man! Glad you enjoy. As for the KAAZ, I love that thing. I went with the 2-way and it's been worth every penny. The break in procedure is odd and a little tiring, however, as long as you keep the fluid fresh it does everything it says it will with minimal chirping and noise. As for the tow hook - I actually made that at my buddy's shop out of mild steel plate. Cut, welded, and painted so that I could use the pass side tow mounts and fill the extra exhaust hole with something half way useful lol.
The following users liked this post:
silentkill (12-01-20)
Old 11-30-20, 03:09 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Sidepipes aren't something every vehicle can pull off but this Cressida nails it. I like it! A classic 250hp V8 sedan sidepipe mufflers. I like the wheels too! That shade of white and the classic style recessed five-spokes are perfect. Now it's just begging for a Supra MKIII / IS300 / GT86 LSD to complete it Rudy Will this Older MX Cressida generation work with any off the shelf Toyota brake caliper upgrades as well?
haha thank you Craig! I'm so glad to see everyone getting a kick out of this thing. I know I sure am. I'm smitten by it, I must admit. As for LSD's it gets tough - this car is a solid axle which makes tracking down an LSD or swapping in another diff quite the adventure. Same with brakes - I believe early Celica/Supra stuff is an upgrade, however, like the rear axle things can get a little tough without being willing to experiment and fabricate.
Old 11-30-20, 11:24 PM
KahnBB6
Forum Moderator

Received 1,251 Likes on 871 Posts

haha thank you Craig! I'm so glad to see everyone getting a kick out of this thing. I know I sure am. I'm smitten by it, I must admit. As for LSD's it gets tough - this car is a solid axle which makes tracking down an LSD or swapping in another diff quite the adventure. Same with brakes - I believe early Celica/Supra stuff is an upgrade, however, like the rear axle things can get a little tough without being willing to experiment and fabricate.
We're definitely getting a kick out of it! It's an awesome classic! I had no idea that generation Cressida used a solid rear axle but it does make sense. The Starlet and Corollas of the same era both used solid rear axles too. I was only throwing the suggestion out there thinking it had the same rear diff and suspension as the later MX81 and MX83 Cressidas.
Old 12-01-20, 07:01 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Stoked you're enjoying it! This car has me all giddy, I must admit. Unfortunately the solid rear axle does make things tough to upgrade later without a lot of fabrication. My old MX73 Cressida (which is just one gen past this current MX62) was IRS and I did weld the diff and enjoy that quite regularly lol (until I blew up the diff on lookout mountain). For now, as long as this thing is a fun cruiser I'm more than happy! Plus, I have a feeling it'll only be a light power brake away from being able to blow the 195's off the back at a moments notice lol.
Old 12-01-20, 08:53 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Forgot they used the rear axle in those older ones. I want to say on the yota trucks with the rear axle you can make the mk3 8" lsd fit without too much fuss, maybe find the size of the rear carrier and see if there is anything that matches up. Or there is always the ford 9" rear
The following 3 users liked this post by Ali SC3:
KahnBB6 (12-02-20), RudysSC (12-01-20), silentkill (12-01-20)
Old 12-01-20, 10:18 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Forgot they used the rear axle in those older ones. I want to say on the yota trucks with the rear axle you can make the mk3 8" lsd fit without too much fuss, maybe find the size of the rear carrier and see if there is anything that matches up. Or there is always the ford 9" rear
9" might be overkill for a 1uz haha
Old 12-01-20, 10:48 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

9" would be cool, but definitely overkill! haha. The first burnout will be the test. If this car can turn em both without too much fuss I'll probably never bother. If it's forever one wheel peelin - then we'll have to fix that lol.
Old 12-01-20, 12:47 PM
silentkill
Advanced

9" would be cool, but definitely overkill! haha. The first burnout will be the test. If this car can turn em both without too much fuss I'll probably never bother. If it's forever one wheel peelin - then we'll have to fix that lol.
My open diff in the SC does dual mark burnouts idk whats up with that lol. Sliding you can tell its open though.

Quick Reply: Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior