Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-22, 01:18 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Gerry, Barbary, and Craig - I appreciate the thoughts and awesome comments!! We're very grateful to have been far enough away from the fires, but man, that his CO right in the heart on that one. And as for the old job, you're absolutely right Craig - life's short and it's hard to work for such a brutal human on a daily basis lol.

If I was close I'd love to come out and meet you all!! Who knows, maybe one of these days it'll happen.

That old girl is sitting out front as we speak - it's been a truly awesome car and all of the trouble has paid off immensely. Best wishes as always you guys!
The following 5 users liked this post by RudysSC:
Ali SC3 (01-13-22), Barbary (01-12-22), Bimmerbill (04-26-22), KahnBB6 (01-12-22), ThomasGS4 (01-13-22)
Old 02-21-22, 09:41 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

The business is good and the cars are all running pretty damn well at the moment. I drive the SC to and from work all the time and still find plenty of time to rip some donuts and beat her up a little bit. It's been such a great build and due to my lack of time and funds with buying a new business I'm trying hard to appreciate it the way it is and any further mods/changes will just have to wait!

In the meantime, I drove the Cressida to our local IMI cart track to watch some drifting! However, it took a serious mud bath through their awful parking lot haha.

The reactions this car gets cruising it around are simply priceless. It still needs a lot to be a functional and comfortable driver, but it's already an absolute riot to cruise.

Hope you all are well - best wishes from me and my collection of **** boxes haha.
The following 4 users liked this post by RudysSC:
Ali SC3 (02-23-22), Barbary (02-21-22), KahnBB6 (02-22-22), Kyleg250z (04-14-22)
Old 04-22-22, 11:11 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

No big news here - just out here living my best Toy/Lex life. The SC is running like a top and gets driven very regularly. I'm so impressed by that car and am glad to have it sorted and reliable to the point where I don't think twice about taking it anywhere. The Cressida definitely needs a little love, however, I threw an amazon special trunk rack on it for my 26" bmx and cruised around all last weekend. The Cressida gets more attention than the SC for the most part haha. I'm thoroughly enjoying them both and am so stoked that cruising season is finally upon us.

Hope y'all are well out there in the world! Happy Cruising!

The following 3 users liked this post by RudysSC:
Ali SC3 (04-27-22), Bimmerbill (04-22-22), KahnBB6 (04-22-22)
Old 04-22-22, 03:46 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,243 Likes on 866 Posts

Both your SC and Cressida look beautiful as always, Rudy! The bike rack for extra utility is a cool addition!

And are those service trucks yours for your glass company? I'm happy to see that your business appears to be doing well!!
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (04-22-22)
Old 04-25-22, 11:16 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Craig I sure appreciate the nice comment! Both cars are kicking *** and taking names for the most part! The looks I get with the Cressida while the bike is on the back are just priceless lol.

It's been a wild few months, however, it's about the end of my 4th month running the business and we're staying very busy! No complaints here and thank you for the awesome wishes.

Hope life is good!
The following 2 users liked this post by RudysSC:
Barbary (04-26-22), KahnBB6 (04-25-22)
Old 04-26-22, 08:34 AM
Khangoc
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

RPF1s will NEVER get old! I have loved them for 20 years and will love them for another 20.
Old 04-26-22, 11:55 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I'm right there with you! Sometimes my buddies give me a hard time for not being very original... But there's something to be said for rocking a classic (especially one that's light, tough, and great looking)!
Old 04-26-22, 08:09 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 506 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
No big news here - just out here living my best Toy/Lex life. The SC is running like a top and gets driven very regularly. I'm so impressed by that car and am glad to have it sorted and reliable to the point where I don't think twice about taking it anywhere. The Cressida definitely needs a little love, however, I threw an amazon special trunk rack on it for my 26" bmx and cruised around all last weekend. The Cressida gets more attention than the SC for the most part haha. I'm thoroughly enjoying them both and am so stoked that cruising season is finally upon us.

Hope y'all are well out there in the world! Happy Cruising!

Great seeing your truck fleet. Keep on Keeping On!
Old 04-27-22, 09:33 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Thanks Barbary! We run three vans weekly and use the S10 as a backup. They're a lot to look after, however, they're holding up well and take my guys all over town to perform the work we do!
Barbary (04-29-22)
Old 06-24-22, 08:47 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I had an interesting thing happen to me in the SC the other day... My crew from work and I all went up to Bandimere to watch the speed week guys (which was awesome, by the way). On the way home a WRX decided he wanted to get a good view of the back side of my SC LOL. However, I got a little carried away on a wide open highway and while pushing it in 5th gear I hit the "Japanese speed limiter" on my JDM Supra manual ecu. It's the first time I've taken the car that fast (even the long straight at the HPR road course I can't hit over 100mph I don't think). Traffic is so bad in Denver anymore that you REALLY have to get out of town to do 100+ safely. Right about 125/130 on the speedo the car hit a "soft cut". In fact it was such a strange feeling I thought for sure I had blown an intercooler coupler or something of the like. Slowed down, dropped a few gears, got in the gas again and it pulled like a banshee. So, there it is, finally hit the factory speed cut haha. My initial reaction was "oh no, this won't do" lol. However, in such a busy city the last think I need to be doing is making 120+ mph pulls for no reason. I'll carry on as it is but it was a funny and interesting experience I thought I'd share.

PS - I've had a few of these cars and their mannerisms at 100+ always amaze me. They're so aerodynamic and so planted on nice coilovers and wide tires that I didn't realize I was going anywhere near that quick.
Barbary (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 10:32 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RudysSC
I had an interesting thing happen to me in the SC the other day... My crew from work and I all went up to Bandimere to watch the speed week guys (which was awesome, by the way). On the way home a WRX decided he wanted to get a good view of the back side of my SC LOL. However, I got a little carried away on a wide open highway and while pushing it in 5th gear I hit the "Japanese speed limiter" on my JDM Supra manual ecu. It's the first time I've taken the car that fast (even the long straight at the HPR road course I can't hit over 100mph I don't think). Traffic is so bad in Denver anymore that you REALLY have to get out of town to do 100+ safely. Right about 125/130 on the speedo the car hit a "soft cut". In fact it was such a strange feeling I thought for sure I had blown an intercooler coupler or something of the like. Slowed down, dropped a few gears, got in the gas again and it pulled like a banshee. So, there it is, finally hit the factory speed cut haha. My initial reaction was "oh no, this won't do" lol. However, in such a busy city the last think I need to be doing is making 120+ mph pulls for no reason. I'll carry on as it is but it was a funny and interesting experience I thought I'd share.

PS - I've had a few of these cars and their mannerisms at 100+ always amaze me. They're so aerodynamic and so planted on nice coilovers and wide tires that I didn't realize I was going anywhere near that quick.
I'm jealous you got to see the race week guys! I fixed my clutch two days ago, was doing a solid 130 on an onramp rip yesterday lol. Man the speedo wraps quick on my car.
scsexy (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 10:57 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

It was a riot! Seeing low 7 second cars in person is just out of this world.

Man, my car is plenty quick and I still feel like I don't have enough room to run here in town. I'd imagine you run out of room REAL quick in that bad boy. PS - I still want that thing.
silentkill (06-24-22)
Old 06-24-22, 12:15 PM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Great entertainment, I am waiting for more.
Bill
Old 06-24-22, 12:34 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Bill you're lucky you don't live here - I have a feeling I'd be dragging you out for a beer on the regular!
Old 06-24-22, 01:05 PM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

No dragging me out the door, i would be in front of you. Rudy, have a great weekend and I will talk to you next week.
Bill

Quick Reply: Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior