Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-23 | 08:22 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Thank you Joe and Joe! I'm so smitten by this little girl, and it's amazing how your entire life's priorities can change so drastically and so quickly. All is well on this front and I hope all of you are well with the holidays approaching!!
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (11-15-23)
Old 11-15-23 | 04:27 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Congratulations Rudy 😃
My first was also a girl (rough birth as well, not breathing). They are the best 🙂
Old 11-20-23 | 02:04 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I sure appreciate it my friend! I'm just thrilled - things started rough but I truly feel blessed to have a healthy beautiful baby and a healthy beautiful wife.

Thanks all!

PS - we got the base timing dialed in and a few other things set so we're ready to hit the dyno in the SC. Just trying to wiggle into some dyno time and should hopefully have some good news in the next few weeks. Sure felt good to drive this thing! I need to figure out a way to get a car seat in it safely lol.
Bimmerbill (11-21-23)
Old 11-21-23 | 08:57 PM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

@Rudy congrats! Hope you and your wife are doing well. Get some rest and enjoy it. They grow up way to fast.
Old 11-28-23 | 06:30 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Thank you so very much! I'm trying my best to soak it up and not wish a single moment of it away.
Old 11-30-23 | 06:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Congrats Rudy ..surely life changing and your life priorities are rearranged. Enjoy your little one ! Will surely give lots of joy in life !
RudysSC (12-01-23)
Old 11-30-23 | 01:05 PM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Congrats Rudy!!!!

Nick
RudysSC (12-01-23)
Old 12-01-23 | 07:51 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Thank you both so much!! Gerry you said it perfectly - it's unbelievable how quickly your priorities are re-arranged. And it doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.

I sure appreciate you guys!

I'm fighting the urge to pick up a set of Corbeau's with seat heaters at the moment as my driver seat has finally split... LOL. Also should have a little dyno time next week and hopefully will have some good news and some nice numbers to post up sooner rather than later!

Happy Holidays you guys!
Rudy
Old 12-04-23 | 11:19 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I might have gotten a little rowdy over the weekend and ordered a set of reclining Corbeau A4's lol. My driver seat finally split a while back and I've been itching to replace these seats with something new, light, and reclinable. I opted for the seat heaters in them and was curious if anyone has hooked these up to the factory wiring? My car has existing seat heaters so I'm thrilled Corbeau offers them. I've been looking for some wiring diagrams and was hoping someone may shed a little light as any info has proved a bit tough to come by...

Thanks guys - have a dyno day lined up, some seats ordered, and want to get this old girl ready for spring time cruising ASAP.
Old 12-04-23 | 12:56 PM
Boergy
Advanced

The seat heater have only 2 wires. easy to wire. i can upload the wiring diagram if you want but have attention on the belt solenoids. the activate a brake in the belt reel after you buckle up. i need to make a seperate wire under the passenger seat to have this feature. normal is this switched from the ecu under the passenger seat. The driver seat have this parallel to the bulb in the dash wired.

*edit* wrong information, the extra wire from the terminal is for a switched +12V for my recaro seats (i needed a switched +12V for the motor and the button lamp, the was allways on).

Last edited by Boergy; 12-05-23 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-05-23 | 06:39 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Boergy - awesome - I haven't had my seats out in some time and thought I remembered one big plug, what a relief on the easy wiring of the seat heaters! As for the wire under the passenger seat... During my searching yesterday I did find a few threads mentioning the seat belt light, but never a fix. Do you happen to have any photos or a diagram of how/where to run that wire?

Thanks a ton for the info. I've wanted some sportier seats for this car ever since my first track day so I'm pretty psyched to get them in and installed!
Old 12-05-23 | 10:48 AM
Boergy
Advanced

i look in the manuals and will post in your thread here. your SC is a 92 correct? i check the wiring manual compared to my 97 SC and do a little instruction. Have your Car memory seats and heated or only heated?

Last edited by Boergy; 12-05-23 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-05-23 | 12:06 PM
Boergy
Advanced

Now i have a little bit time for the first informations. i post now the wiring of the seat heaters and the plugs under the seat. for the driver seat, you have a blue cable from the switch to the connector, for the passenger seat a green cable. both seat heaters have a white/black cable for the ground. i cutted off the wires before the plug and take my own wire to the harness. use crimp connector or solder the wires and use a heat shrink tube.

Seat connector pins and position

Driver seat: Ba1 is with memory, Ba2 without.
Passenger seat: Bb1

heated seats

This was easy.. now the belt tensioner. the works only with closed belt. the need this to activate the solenoid in the belt reel. for the driver side lamp on the dash, i need a seperate wiring diagram to give you a full overview of the wiring and what she does. You can see, on driver side, the wiring for the tensioner and the buckle switch in a line. this is easy to connect. connect the black/lightblue wire with black/lightblue from the buckle switch. connect the white/black to ground with the same wire from the seat heaters. yoou need 2 ground wires from the harness. one for the seat heaters, and one for the buckle switch. this is connected in the harness to the dash light and take this off, if the buckle switch is closed.

The seatbelt warning comes also from the black/lightblue wire to the integration relay and this is connected to the dash lamp.Don´t get confused, Toyota doesn´t have an overall wiring diagram, only seperate wiring diagrams for each function. is sometimes difficult to find all connections from the wires. for this have the wiring manual seperate pages only for connections points, plugs and more.

Passenger side is this wiring: connect the black wire with the black/yellow from the buckle. then connect the brown with the white/black. the passenger side is now filly functional again. The belt buckles will probably have different cable colors than in the wiring diagram because it is plugged in seperatly in the seat harness. i have seen only black cables on my pictures under the seat.

here a picture from a original buckle, i cutted the wire short after the connector and used round connectors to have the chance, if i changed back to the original seat, i can connect the buckle back. the wiring looks only black, you can choose each of the wire to connect to the car harness, the switch have no direction or polarity.

Last edited by Boergy; 12-05-23 at 01:37 PM.
KahnBB6 (12-06-23)
Old 12-06-23 | 06:32 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Boergy - this is AWESOME! Thank you so much for putting this together for me. My seats are heated only, no memory, and are model year '92. As for the belt tensioner and bulb warning light. I do plan on using my stock seat belts and buckles with the reclinable seats. Will those plug in as normal and remove any need for extra wiring? I'm assuming the work you've done is because you have ditched the stock belts and are perhaps running harnesses instead?

Thanks again - I'm so excited to get my seats in and get the heaters wired up!
Old 12-06-23 | 10:41 AM
Boergy
Advanced

Hy!

i used all stock parts, belts and buckles. only the seats swapped to Recaros and used also the original buckles. You can cut the original connector, but attention, you have permanent 12V+ for the electric seats ecu. or cut only the 4 wires they you need for the heater and buckle from the connector in the car and extend this. i prefer to have the original connector in the car and a seperate harness for the new seats if i want to change back.

Quick Reply: Rudy's SC300 Weekend Warrior