Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Timeless GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-24, 11:31 AM
Answer300
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

With the GS in storage; its allowed me to be able to get back to searching for my what seems impossible at times TRD, OEM ++++ parts ( yea I made that up ) and aftermarket time correct items! If you're here to see if this car is going to be on the road in 6-12 months, this is the wrong thread for you LOL! All the acquisitions are carefully thought out and planned. I hate going back and revising so its better to just take my time and get it EXACTLY the way I want. I'm up some nights at 1-2am just to catch YAJ deals because of the time difference overseas! Its fun and so rewarding when you win and each piece arrives from so far away! Of course to get this car built the way I want means I really have to bust my *** at work but when you're doing what you love; is it really work??!

One of my best memories I'll have is being the 1st in the area to sell and deliver the 45th Anniversary Supra and also being able to request a friends MK4 to be on the showroom to show the heritage of the car! Owner was blown away at this experience! As far as the project goes; I was able to get some very personal sought after pieces to further complete my build. This year will be focused on all new suspension, finish the roll-cage, and get on a set of SSR MS-1 (rolling chassis). The wheel specs probably wont be the final but just getting them in possession will be enough and I can re-barrel at a later date. Enjoy

..............And I still have the LS ( this needs to get dumped on the Weds sooner than later )

Old 01-15-24, 11:41 AM
Answer300
Racer

The office on wheels, just well maintained and some weds/t-demand pieces I can afford lol waiting to go on......

Old 01-16-24, 12:30 PM
Answer300
Racer

Old 01-19-24, 07:56 PM
Answer300
Racer

After speaking with the fabricator, the old cage that was being constructed; which was abandoned by the last shop the car was at ( ugh ), he’s decided this all needs to come out so he can do it RIGHT! Sucks because my floors are burned with the mount plates and boxes but it can be corrected thankfully! So I’m thinking it’ll go in this spring as they’re pretty backed up on other customer cars. Gives me time to do most of the suspension work.

Tonight I found where I want the Sard Oil Catch and Coolant Overflow Tank. I’ll more than likely make a gusset mount to secure the coolant tank to the firewall. Location makes sense given the battery is being relocated on the deck below the subwoofer. This weekend I’ll map out how I want the fuel surge tank to be plus bend up the lines to be routed correctly. Pics are of my current cage and how he’s constructing mine with a x-brace for the rear seat area one another car at the shop.

Old 01-21-24, 05:52 AM
Answer300
Racer

Parts made it from Saitama last night. I was a little too exhausted to go through everything but here’s the majority of what arrived. I’ll get some pics of the pit uniforms I got later today. I get these items due to rarity and memorabilia. Heck, eventually owners will be able to hit me up for extra JDM Aristo pieces I may have to help with their builds! Late night bids paying off !

Last edited by Answer300; 01-21-24 at 07:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KyleH (02-05-24)
Old 01-21-24, 12:33 PM
naluloa
Pit Crew

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Oooo is that an L-tuned body kit on the white 2gs in the catalog?? Looks niceeeee
Old 01-21-24, 02:36 PM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by naluloa
Oooo is that an L-tuned body kit on the white 2gs in the catalog?? Looks niceeeee
Thats the optional TRD Lip kit. I have other books coming that will show all the OE fitted items. It may help someone when you’re looking for part numbers on discontinued items.
Old 02-04-24, 05:49 PM
Answer300
Racer

Some great finds the past few days!! Really excited about the Sard couplers! I’ll mix them in with the Greddy ones on my intercooler for a nice touch. The Billion funnel was a super score as well. Brand new and the perfect diameter for my air feed to the compressor. I really needed that hose adapter because it can be a challenge to source the 36mm at times. The nav unit, I just needed the brackets lol! But all the extra stuff I acquire I just label and put in boxes to sell or keep later for use. Pics!!!

Old 02-20-24, 07:20 PM
Answer300
Racer

Finding this mint Greddy Fuel Pressure gauge was definitely a score! I wanted one that I can more than likely mount in the driver side AC vent position in 60mm size so mission accomplished! Also started getting the Z.S.S. pieces to overhaul the suspension. Now is the best time to get this all done and installed while the car is in the air. Still about 6 sets of links and arms to get but with work picking up, shouldn't take me long. Cheers

Old 02-21-24, 05:41 AM
JonGS3
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Nice finds! I love seeing those old catalogs. I wish there was a digital database of them to browse through.
Old 02-21-24, 05:08 PM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by JonGS3
Nice finds! I love seeing those old catalogs. I wish there was a digital database of them to browse through.
Oh yea that would be great!! The paper backs are nice though because you can just sit back with a drink and just take yourself back to the earlier days of the 2gs and just really appreciate what they created. I try to snag the really good condition ones as they pop up. Side note, what's your eta and hooking those TRD mufflers up?!
Old 02-22-24, 06:13 AM
JonGS3
Intermediate

Received 97 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer300
Oh yea that would be great!! The paper backs are nice though because you can just sit back with a drink and just take yourself back to the earlier days of the 2gs and just really appreciate what they created. I try to snag the really good condition ones as they pop up. Side note, what's your eta and hooking those TRD mufflers up?!
Not sure. I need to stop being lazy and find an exhaust shop to handle it for me...but probably sometime next month I'm thinking.
Old 02-22-24, 07:02 PM
Answer300
Racer

Not sure. I need to stop being lazy and find an exhaust shop to handle it for me...but probably sometime next month I'm thinking.
Well C'MON JON and get to it!!!
Old 02-24-24, 06:53 PM
firelizard

Received 450 Likes on 356 Posts

Better hurry or I'm going to start walking to NC with a big bag and a burglar mask.
The following users liked this post:
Answer300 (02-26-24)
Old 02-26-24, 06:05 PM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by firelizard
Better hurry or I'm going to start walking to NC with a big bag and a burglar mask.
Heck, I’ll come get ya and we’ll just drive over there and do it HAHAHA!

Quick Reply: Timeless GS