Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Timeless GS

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-20 | 06:47 AM
TrueGS300
Racer

So this car has a fresh engine built by Powerdynamix and has somehow been blown? And it's naturally aspired still? Can I ask what was done to it internally when it was built? You kept your build a secret, but now you're talking about a GTE swap sounds like.. So I take it, it didn't get forged internals or anything special right? Otherwise why not turbo the built GE engine. I am more curious about how a fresh engine blew. What part? In the block?

I am currently working on my build and have Powedynamix's 800hp rated transmission going in with my install. I have yet to make an observation about their product. But if their engine has failed in a N/A application, it adds to my concerns. I am less than pleased with their company and lack of communication so far. I just received my transmission I have been trying to get since Thanksgiving. The shipping was a fiasco, and I still have the core at my shop they just can't seem to get picked up. Not to mention when I stared talking to him about it It was Black Friday and we discussed at least free shipping on the thing which he said he'd do for me. Ended up being $400 for two way shipping of the trans and core. Core's shipping is paid for, still sitting here. It apparently leaked a bunch of fluid out during shipping and was sent back, then sent again. I am literally expecting issues with this transmission. I am just hoping for the best.

I'm just trying to see if the quality has gone away with this Jeff guy and his company. Engine's don't just blow. Wtf happened?
Old 02-29-20 | 03:21 PM
DKinATL
Rookie

Yeah, I'm with True GS here. There is something missing in this story. Short of someone pulling the plug and driving it bone dry, there shouldn't have been an issue. #Weird
Old 02-29-20 | 07:10 PM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by TrueGS300
So this car has a fresh engine built by Powerdynamix and has somehow been blown? And it's naturally aspired still? Can I ask what was done to it internally when it was built? You kept your build a secret, but now you're talking about a GTE swap sounds like.. So I take it, it didn't get forged internals or anything special right? Otherwise why not turbo the built GE engine. I am more curious about how a fresh engine blew. What part? In the block?

I am currently working on my build and have Powedynamix's 800hp rated transmission going in with my install. I have yet to make an observation about their product. But if their engine has failed in a N/A application, it adds to my concerns. I am less than pleased with their company and lack of communication so far. I just received my transmission I have been trying to get since Thanksgiving. The shipping was a fiasco, and I still have the core at my shop they just can't seem to get picked up. Not to mention when I stared talking to him about it It was Black Friday and we discussed at least free shipping on the thing which he said he'd do for me. Ended up being $400 for two way shipping of the trans and core. Core's shipping is paid for, still sitting here. It apparently leaked a bunch of fluid out during shipping and was sent back, then sent again. I am literally expecting issues with this transmission. I am just hoping for the best.

I'm just trying to see if the quality has gone away with this Jeff guy and his company. Engine's don't just blow. Wtf happened?
Okay let me clear this up

The motor that's in the car now is the JDM NA motor that I bought from JDM Engine Corp in Richardson, TX. The tech I sold it to ran it hot and cooked it, no compression. That built bottom end in my earlier pics is the original bottom end from the car. Jeff assembled the bottom end for me with various items to hold big power. Now he still has that motor. He and I have that kind of relationship to where we have bought and sold each other SO many items that I can practically afford to give him that motor to use in one of his personal builds or sell it. Hence the reason why I have decided to go with a GTE VVT-i swap. I've known Jeff for more than 15yrs and let me tell you this, that's the most honest guy and knowledgeable GS tuner I've ever known. Now if you have never been to his shop, you can't begin to contemplate how busy he gets. He CNC machines EVERYTHING there, hones blocks, port/polish, assembly, and for a while he was doing it by hand. Plus he's building LS motors, Toyota motors, a bunch of stuff. I'm not quite sure how many techs he has now because I've been gone from DFW for almost 2yrs now. If I weren't so hands on with my cars I'd take mine down there and let him finish the NA-t build but he knows I love to do the majority of my own work.

My advice would be just stay patient and just keep a open line of communication and let him know what's troubling you. He's very honest and stands behind his work and knows how to build! I hope this helps you out bud!
Old 02-29-20 | 07:13 PM
TrueGS300
Racer

Thats good to hear. I'm just hoping the transmission is all it's cracked up to be. I have heard from several sources he knows his stuff.
The following users liked this post:
Answer300 (03-02-20)
Old 02-29-20 | 07:16 PM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by DKinATL
Yeah, I'm with True GS here. There is something missing in this story. Short of someone pulling the plug and driving it bone dry, there shouldn't have been an issue. #Weird
Yea, drove it dry without water! Disintegrated the Blitz cap and cooked the motor. But yes, its dead brah...
Old 03-02-20 | 07:53 AM
Answer300
Racer

Went to see Omar @ Tennessee JDM and man, this is gonna be my kryptonite. My man straight up had these pieces ready to go, TRD tower brace and a Cusco catch can. Dude gets shipments monthly and there's always some proper pieces in em. Needless to say I'll be there this week to see what's arrived!

More items headed in tomorrow from Zun @ Texas JDM Engines in Arlington tomorrow so stay tuned!

Old 03-02-20 | 07:15 PM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Answer300
Went to see Omar @ Tennessee JDM and man, this is gonna be my kryptonite. My man straight up had these pieces ready to go, TRD tower brace and a Cusco catch can. Dude gets shipments monthly and there's always some proper pieces in em. Needless to say I'll be there this week to see what's arrived!

More items headed in tomorrow from Zun @ Texas JDM Engines in Arlington tomorrow so stay tuned!

Do you mean Amir, who owns something like 9 JDM imported engine shops?

Also, your story is still missing something. What kind of tech drives a car bone dry? What happened to all of the coolant. It seems like you are neglecting to tell us something.
Old 03-02-20 | 08:29 PM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by EuroWill
Do you mean Amir, who owns something like 9 JDM imported engine shops?

Also, your story is still missing something. What kind of tech drives a car bone dry? What happened to all of the coolant. It seems like you are neglecting to tell us something.
Omar, Amir, Omari, Omarion, I dont know his name like that.....I didn't have a candle light dinner with the guy, he just had some dope JDM pieces i wanted so I bought em lol!

Now, I don't know what else there is to tell you when I say the motor was ran hot and cooked my engine and dropped almost all compression. But if you want it to do your own diagnosis, its free and I'll have it out in few weeks.
Old 03-03-20 | 07:39 AM
EuroWill
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Answer300
Omar, Amir, Omari, Omarion, I dont know his name like that.....I didn't have a candle light dinner with the guy, he just had some dope JDM pieces i wanted so I bought em lol!

Now, I don't know what else there is to tell you when I say the motor was ran hot and cooked my engine and dropped almost all compression. But if you want it to do your own diagnosis, its free and I'll have it out in few weeks.
Haha - yeah he does get done cool pieces in.

Will
Old 03-03-20 | 11:45 AM
Answer300
Racer

More pieces starting to arrive, I need to slow down but what fun is that! Lets see what else I can find for my baby.

FGK Giken Exhaust
Aristo Fuel pump
Aristo DS

Old 03-08-20 | 06:05 PM
Answer300
Racer

Over this weekend I've been randomly working on getting the front end components torn down and ready to extract the old engine out for the new motor coming soon. Got a couple things to order this Friday so I will update the thread when that happens. Its exciting to see things happening on this build so I'll keep the upgrades coming!
Old 03-18-20 | 07:36 PM
Answer300
Racer

2 more days and I can order more parts! Until then........

Old 04-19-20 | 11:20 AM
Answer300
Racer

Hope all you guys are staying safe and busy out there. Stay home orders helping me buy parts and work on ol' gal. Japan postal is shut down at the moment but hopefully they resume soon so my parts will start moving to the states. Here's what I've been up to. Oh and since junkyards are a little scarce in Nashville, I went ahead and grabbed a Supra TT cable at the dealership. $68, pretty decent discount and nothing like OEM fitment!

PS: The Honda steering wheel isn't mine and it's not Bosch in that other box

Last edited by Answer300; 04-19-20 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-30-20 | 05:15 AM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Looking good, parts just keep coming in. When do you feel you will have the engine back in the car?
Old 05-02-20 | 08:28 AM
Answer300
Racer

Originally Posted by ELLeon
Looking good, parts just keep coming in. When do you feel you will have the engine back in the car?
Thanks bro! She'll be running by end of summer since I've been able to source a lot of surrounding pieces to get the motor in and fired up. Picked a Z.S.S. turndown 3in exhaust last week and grabbed a few Sard pieces. But really just waiting for stuff to start shipping from Japan

I got the SSR wheels in and decided to take them outside and play with em because I'm bored lol!

Quick Reply: Timeless GS