Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

2000 GS300 First Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-18 | 11:11 AM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default 2000 GS300 First Build

Got my first car not too long ago as a surprise, had no idea what I would be getting was such a good chassis. It's a black 2000 gs300 and it's in amazing condition. My dad just got a new car and it's inspired me to step up my game with my car, so I'm starting the build thread and making it official. I've been keeping notes of the mods and stuff just haven't had the time to start the thread but here goes.
I'm building the car for a very clean street-inspired look and the outside and daily drivability under the hood, but still enough power to put a smile on your face. I have plans for either a full aristo Gte conversion or NA-T if I decide to go that route.

Last edited by hbradberry; 07-08-18 at 01:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PaoPao342 (04-20-19)
Old 04-28-18 | 11:16 AM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default First Mod

First thing I did was get some working hood struts, every time I went to do something the hood would fall on me.
Old 04-28-18 | 11:20 AM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default Exhaust

I know it's a Lexus, but I couldn't resist. Car was too quiet.
Old 04-28-18 | 11:23 AM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default Stopping Power

Brakes were shot. Metal on metal with the pads and rotors. Good opportunity to get a Powerstop Drilled and Slotted kit.

Last edited by hbradberry; 04-30-18 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-28-18 | 11:36 AM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default Maintenence Coming Soon

Before I do anything else I got to get the car running like new. Got a serpentine belt, plugs, timing belt, valve cover gasket, cam and crank seals, water pump, radiator, and some other things. I've done my research and have both the shop manuals but any tips or common mistakes are very much appreciated.
Old 04-30-18 | 02:02 PM
captainva
Instructor

I just did my valve cover gaskets and the intake side of the felpro gasket there is just a bit big and likes to pop out of the groove. See my post here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...sket-leak.html

Also use double ground platinum plugs as the manual calls for and not iridium. The engine noticeably smoother
Old 04-30-18 | 02:33 PM
hbradberry
Rookie

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
I just did my valve cover gaskets and the intake side of the felpro gasket there is just a bit big and likes to pop out of the groove. See my post here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...sket-leak.html

Also use double ground platinum plugs as the manual calls for and not iridium. The engine noticeably smoother
Sounds good, added head gasket shellac to the list of things to get before I put on all the new parts.
Old 05-02-18 | 10:29 AM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default Rattling

Time to hunt down where that annoying rattle from my sub is coming from...
Old 05-02-18 | 01:54 PM
Answer300
Racer

[QUOTE=hbradberry;10188792]Time to hunt down where that annoying rattle from my sub is coming from...

Its probably coming from the surround on the 3rd brake light rattling against the rear windshield...good start with the car!
Old 05-02-18 | 02:25 PM
hbradberry
Rookie

[QUOTE=Answer300;10189009]
Originally Posted by hbradberry
Time to hunt down where that annoying rattle from my sub is coming from...

Its probably coming from the surround on the 3rd brake light rattling against the rear windshield...good start with the car!
That was one of the rattles, the other was the middle seat belt and a wire rattling against the metal. Sub sounds much better now
Old 05-02-18 | 06:01 PM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default Blacklight

Maybe a little ricey but it was only 12 bucks... Put some led blacklights in the door and floorboard and kept all the other bulbs stock. Looks pretty cool
Old 05-04-18 | 11:18 AM
hbradberry
Rookie

Well they say a minor setback is an opportunity for a major comeback but this comeback may take awhile. I was pulling out of a parking lot and the truck in front of me started pulling out so I assumed he we was going to go. I looked the other way for traffic as I pulled out and he slammed on brakes. I wasn't looking because I assumed he pulled out and smacked into the back of his bumper. Rookie mistake. I'm devastated but I'm trying to stay positive, might not be another update on the car for a while. Doesn't look too bad except for the fact that it bent the core support that's right behind the headlight that's busted.
Old 05-05-18 | 10:08 AM
Answer300
Racer

^^^^^^damn........THAT'S WACK! Get it fixed up and keep modding man!
Old 06-20-18 | 04:45 PM
CochyGS
Driver School Candidate

Hopefully you've made some progress. I just bought my first GS300 and can't wait to start working on it
Old 07-07-18 | 12:54 PM
hbradberry
Rookie

Default Update

Hey guys we're just about there. Have all the parts needed for the repair and now I just need the time to get it all installed and painted. It's my daily so it's kind of difficult, but it'll all work out. In the meantime, installed a trunk lip spoiler and deleted 2 of the emblems to clean up the back.

Last edited by hbradberry; 12-25-18 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 GS300 First Build