Received 183 Likes on 73 Posts

Great build so far Eun. Sorry to see your wheels got bend like that =(
Old 05-28-18, 02:24 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
Great build so far Eun. Sorry to see your wheels got bend like that =(
Much appreciated brother. Yeah it was heart breaking for me too. Getting it repaired was no easy task either and was a pain in and of itself...but more on that soon haha
Old 05-28-18, 02:44 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

3/28/18: Dropped the wheel off at RTP customs at a friend's recommendation to get it repaired and repainted. As with all multi-colored wheels the job ended up taking longer than expected and more expensive. Was initially quoted $200 and 24 hr turnaround but ended up picking up the one wheel on 4/6/18 and paying $300...Another affirmation of how unpredictable/unreliable the aftermarket auto industry is, especially in/near Atlanta. No pictures since it's the same wheel...
Old 10-25-18, 05:14 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

4/25/18: While my car is in the shop getting fixed from the accident, some of my sponsors sent over some gear. aFe with the Takeda CAI and Sickspeed with the STEEL lug nuts+extras.

Old 10-25-18, 05:24 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

5/21/18: After a month and a half I received my car back from the shop. The biggest delay was that no one in the entire continent had a spare '17 RC-F front bumper on hand so they had Lexus in Japan manufacture one and ship it over. No idea why they went to that extreme, but hell I wasn't going to complain about getting something from Japan in less than the standard 4-6 weeks all of our vendors quote us haha. Let alone for something OEM. However as it was freshly painted, I couldn't do anything to it (PPF, Wrap, etc) so I was stuck with this incomplete look for a solid minute. As is the case with any bodywork I wasn't happy either so the car would be in and out of the shop for the next few weeks getting fixes and getting new coats of paint, which ultimately extended the cure time....
Old 10-25-18, 05:36 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

5/23/18: A local sponsor (Showstoppers) hooked me up with a Seibon CF Hood BT style and it had come in on this day. A little rice-y to a lot of people, but for me it made sense on a performance level. The additional venting and weight drop has been quite beneficial. One downside is that the wiper fluid piping which goes through the OE hood is no longer routed so I lost that feature...not that I ever used it since my window's are coated.
Old 10-25-18, 06:01 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

5/24/18: At this point I decided instead of looking like a Honda ricer with a mismatched bumper I would forsake my wrap. So I personally removed it myself for the most part. Man did this suck to do in the sun...even with the car ceramic coated under the wrap... Oh and I installed the intake and noticed that the holes for the crank case hoses weren't fully drilled out. Consulted with aFe and they did so primarily to increase dyno numbers by limiting airflow "leak" and sending more directly into throttle body. Personally I didn't want to limit the PCV so I went ahead and drilled the holes out to match OE diameters.

Old 10-25-18, 06:10 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

6/2/18: Changed out the engine oil to Daniel's recommended RLI low ash. Also applied DEI boom mat under my carbon fiber hood. In case anyone's wondering why, the CF hood is a bit thinner and doesn't have much of a heat shield compared to OE. What that essentially means is that the clear coat will wear out faster on those hotspots and become a pain in the *** maintenance-wise for the CF. Make sure to use a similar heat shield tape to cover the exposed boom mat edges otherwise if water seeps in the mat it can mold.

Old 10-25-18, 06:17 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

6/4/18: Had my guys over at Limitless Automotive hook me up with the wheel alignment while another local legend (Bucky at Superstar Customs) repaired my Artisan Spirits front lip! Honestly the dude's a wizard and it looks brand new!

Old 10-25-18, 06:20 PM
pheen619
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

Dang!!! I hope all is good now. Can’t wait to see an updated picture of the F...
Old 10-25-18, 06:24 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

6/4/18: As it is with all people who mods cars, disasters befall us and our cars become an infinite money pit. Same for me when the lip had an issue and broke off. Fortunately it wasn't as bad this time and Bucky was phenomenal about helping me out. Can't recommend him enough for any of your fiberglass and metalwork needs.
Old 10-25-18, 06:26 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pheen619
Dang!!! I hope all is good now. Can’t wait to see an updated picture of the F...
Hey Pheen, thanks boss!
As of right now still an issue or two but at least its different now haha.
But isn't it true for all of us?
Saw your last set of pictures, and the car looks absolutely beautiful!
Old 10-25-18, 06:28 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

6/6/18: Decided to blackout the taillights a little. Had a strong feeling already at this point that I would be going for a darker color wrap next.
Old 10-25-18, 06:32 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

6/7/18: Got my glassparency coating done by the guys over at Red Clay Detailing during my lunch break. This stuff is scary good at repelling water. As I mentioned earlier, no washer fluid meant that this was a very nice thing to have. Oh and I removed one of my wipers since I didn't want the decal on the passenger side to get ruined. So definitely a useful mod to have.
Old 10-25-18, 06:38 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

6/24/18: we had a local F meet in Atlanta! Solid showing from a very diverse group of people.

Quick Reply: EUN RCF Build