Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

EUN RCF Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-18, 06:53 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

7/5/18: Another wonderful sponsor (PPE) sent over their product, a Cerakote ceramic coated equal length headers that I was ecstatic about. Little did I know that they would sit in my living room for almost 4 whole months haha. Nonetheless, Eric and Paul were phenomenal to work with!
Old 10-25-18, 07:01 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

7/27/18: Elvin's steering wheel came in!

Old 10-25-18, 07:17 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

9/8/18: New wrap finished after a little over a week. Went with Avery Dennison Brushed Black Metallic. A bit hard to capture the texture in pictures but it's a beautiful and unique wrap in person.
Old 10-25-18, 07:29 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

9/10/18: Car got ceramic coated in Gtechniq's C1 and 2 layers of EXO by my favorite local detailer: Indetail Auto Salon! Unfortunately a small issue occurred so led me to purchase Elvin's carbon fiber mirror cover replacements. One thing I'll mention is that due to the texture of the wrap, even though the ceramic coating is extremely hydrophobic, the water beads but stays on the car a lot more. Definitely a super nice shine though!

Last edited by MisterEun; 10-25-18 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-25-18, 08:00 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

9/30/18: Received my mirror cover replacements and RR racing A/O separator (Catch can) a couple weeks prior, but got lazy on the install. Went ahead and did those two as well as the vinyl wrapping on the Lexus logo on my steering wheel. Shout out to Mike for that last one for encouraging me to do it on my own, really not that bad. Honestly, the catch can was the most cumbersome since a lot of my hoses were in different positions due to the CAI. Oh and having to cut the engine cover too was a pain...which reminds me I have to repaint some of the covers under the hood.

Old 10-26-18, 09:46 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

10/2/18-10/4/18: On Tuesday after work we had a taco tuesday event and several F owners joined us so that was a great little meatup (intentionally mispelled for the pun). Then on Thursday, RR Racing wing came in. I had a Seibon type C but it took 3 months to come in because the first one got damaged during transit. The second one was pure **** in terms of quality. Lots of black space between weaves on corners. Returned that right away and placed an order for the RRR version. Weave was good and packaging was great. Quick shipping too. I know some people are complaining about shipping price being including or whatnot, but hell I'll pay for speed and quality any day of the week *cough* seibon *cough*.

Old 10-26-18, 09:57 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

10/7/18: Unfortunately one of the bulbs in the reverse lights seems to have burned out. In case it matters, the first set of lights I ordered was: Code #10-087: Xenon White SAMSUNG 2835-SMD 906 912 920 921 W16W LED Bulbs For Car Backup Reverse Lights Replacement and were installed on 6/8/17. So technically it lasted about 16 months but for the price I'm okay with it. I've already placed a replacement order for the same bulbs and installed them.
Old 10-26-18, 10:02 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

10/8/18: I had placed an order on July 30th for the Remin interior CF overlay stickers. It finally come over 3 months late and I was extremely disappointed in the quality. Not only was the weave in the opposite direction, but it felt like a significantly subpar product even compared to the one I had seen on Ming's car. I just couldn't justify having that level of work in the car, especially if I would be seeing it while driving all the time. This will probably mean I will have to contact Elvin for some console pieces haha.
Old 10-26-18, 11:03 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

Nice!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-26-18, 01:08 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Wrap looks great out in the wild. My eyes are immediately drawn to your car out of all the cars in the line. Excellent job.
Old 10-26-18, 02:44 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Definitely hot-looking. With the wrap, it looks way better than the 10th Anniversary Edition.
Old 10-26-18, 03:21 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Nice!

-Josh

Originally Posted by SoSlow
Wrap looks great out in the wild. My eyes are immediately drawn to your car out of all the cars in the line. Excellent job.
Thank you! I definitely think it's a much better wrap in person than in pictures. So difficult to make it stand out the way it does off screen.

Originally Posted by Ctrl-F
Definitely hot-looking. With the wrap, it looks way better than the 10th Anniversary Edition.
Muchas gracias! Not a fan of full matte either so I completely agree. (even more so with matte paint haha)
Old 10-27-18, 10:16 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

10/9/18: I forgot to mention but I picked up one of Elvin's steering wheels in early August, the full works! Y trim, Button covers and paddle shifters. Also in late August another sponsor, Beat-Sonic, had sent out the Front Camera interface and I finally had the chance to get to one of my sponsoring shops, Cartunes of Atlanta, to install a lot of the stuff at once. We also brought in the RR Racing wing to get installed too. The steering wheel is great quality, the camera interface works impeccably, the wing was great and the shop is one of the best automotive shops in the entire city guaranteed. For once a super positive post haha!

Old 10-27-18, 10:56 PM
MisterEun
Pole Position

10/10/18-10/13/18: PETIT LEMANS! I have an unlimited number of pictures but to summarize my experience: It was amazing! Lexus did admirably in terms of racing performance as well as hospitality. Here are just a few phone pics I haven't posted anywhere else yet haha (minus the first one).

Old 10-28-18, 03:16 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Loved the updates and your photography work always impresses; could be something simple, or complex, but every shot shows skill.

I still am looking for the time to start modding my car, kitchen is still being a pain (and now I have to remove some granite so I need a few extra muscle guys). Nonetheless your car is always impressive and looking forward to more updates!

Quick Reply: EUN RCF Build