Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Gunny's Armytrix Install & Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-18, 09:02 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingofish

fahd, what lights are you talking about?
I’m curious because I’m getting the OBII dongle to change my Valve Electronic Control to Vacuum Valves.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/utq0kj14y9...ongle.mp4?dl=0
The following users liked this post:
Mingofish (07-08-18)
Old 07-08-18, 09:06 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Gunny, congrats man!
Car coming along very nicely.
I considered armytrix way back and only reason I went Mesti was I wanted a Ti exhaust. Your exhaust sounds and looks great! Wait till you put headers on, car gonna sound insane.

Don’t know why few months ago your were stressing about buying expensive rims.
Obviously the bug has bit you and now you gonna have an empty wallet. Hahahahaha
Enjoy buddy. Pls post up that dyno chart. Wanna see!
Old 07-08-18, 10:15 AM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Ur car is coming along nicely Gunny. Nice exhaust setup u got there .
Old 07-08-18, 10:27 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Weekend Chores

Thanks guys. Means alot coming from many of you!

The little "A" Light that turns Green (Valves Open) and Orange (Valves Closed) sits up underneath the driver side dashboard area. If you look at the photo of the Box with all its contents there are wires that connect to Solenoid under hood (I'll get a shot of that) Run thru firewall and one piece connects to your OBD2 Port near your left shin. You Open n Close the Valves w the Remote OR with the Armytrix App on cell (Which is the only ***** I have so far. I cannot get my Android Samsung Phone to connect via Bluetooth to this App. No 4 digit code works. If you watch all the YouTube videos you'll find everyone uses an iPhone for this - NOT Android !)

Guys. I'll get the damn Dyno sheet up! Have to scan it first, then get it capable of attaching to a reply. Like many others here , my Honey-Do list is long. Trust me, I'll get to it asap.

FYI- According to the Tech running the Dyno inside car, it was climbing fast and in 6th gear was about to hit 400 RWHP but said when the Speedo hit 180mph the ECU shut it down from its climb.

Hang tights Gents.
Old 07-08-18, 08:47 PM
cdotchao
Driver School Candidate

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks good. I’m in the sterling area as well if you are ever down for a cruise / drive, always up for a cruise / drive lol. Haven’t met any other RCF owners in the area.
Old 07-09-18, 05:42 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cdotchao
[left]Looks good. I’m in the sterling area as well if you are ever down for a cruise / drive, always up for a cruise / drive lol. Haven’t met any other RCF owners in the area.
NO KIDDING?? (Had to turn my head sideways there-what color is that?)

There is another Forum Member here who contacted me back when I first got my car in April. (Ne1tHeRe) Nice guy who hooked me up with a great couple that own a Detail Shop in Sterling called "Xtreme Detail" and they are super kind folks! They just moved to a really clean garage and use Xpel PPF. After TONS of research on these films I decided to go with Suntek Ultra and CQuartz Ceramic Coating at another shop in Sterling. Happy to hook you up with both of them if interested in having a serious Detail, Ceramic Coating or PPF done?

Im sure you know about the Katies Coffee House Car Show in Great Falls every Sat am right? Only met 1 other RCF owner there. Also, I go to the impromptu Car Show at the Dunkin Donuts lot at the Dulles Landing every Sunday from 6-9am. Truth be told I am the ONLY Lexus RCF amongst Ferrari's, Porsche's, McLarens, aisles of Corvettes and Shelbys! Would absolutely LOVE to have another RCF present man! Let me know if you need any connections for ANYTHING RCF related. (You use Pohanka I assume?) The members from my Ducati Forum used to say "Before you buy anything, check with Gunny Fitz first because he has more Contacts than Bausch & Lomb!" lmao.
Old 07-10-18, 06:05 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Mingofish

Keoni, Audi build?? You never mentioned that. Best finish that kitchen!!
Btw if you have sat in my car, you’ve seen some pieces of that stick on cf kit. I just opted not to buy all the pieces.
Gunny went all out and got all of it.
Yeah, small build mostly aesthetic but will tune it in September when the warranty is up - tune plus couple bolt ons should yield me 100+ HP, according to the forums and tuner. But I have a CF rear diffuser and new tips to put on still, CF front splitter is on its way (so tracker has been saying) and Rear window roof spoiler on my near to do list along with a modified CF spoiler (extended, similar to our RCF duck tail option but not as large).

Most of my cabinets should arrive today actually, need to get my granite counters taken down so i can tear out my old cabinets and prep the walls. This week will be busy, are you going to the meet Justin is trying to setup this 14th or 21st?

GunnyFitz (07-10-18)
Old 07-10-18, 07:07 AM
TOPHER9425
Pit Crew

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Gunny.....congrats brother. Looking good! ARMYTRIX was my other option before I got the ARK in titanium.
GunnyFitz (07-10-18)
Old 07-11-18, 02:46 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Thumbs up The Dyno Results Are In......

Before anyone asks, the Company who did my install and Dyno did it for an extremely low cost. Though they're known for tuning tons of high end cars, It was the very first RCF they've done. They are an extremely Patriotic, family owned business who were thrilled to help me in this build, thus the reason why there is no Before & After Dyno Run. I didn't even ask it of them.

As I stated before, it hit 391 Rear Wheel Hp & 349 ft lbs of torque in 6th gear, and was climbing - until the damn speedometer started flashing 180mph, thus shutting down the climb.
This really sucks. How can one override this within the ECU?

When I decide upon an advantageous Air Intake, and perhaps a Tune, they said they'll be happy to run it again to see it break 400Rwhp - which is actually pretty dam good IMHO.

*Those of you gearheads who understand all the Air/Fuel Ratio numbers are free to interpret my results on very bottom, and whether or not it looks good. Last one seems to have odd numbers to me.

(Hopefully, you can read it. Reason it took so long is the guy kept spelling my name wrong in the email to me. Who spells name "Fitzgerald" with a damn " S " !!)

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 07-11-18 at 04:31 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by GunnyFitz:
05RollaXRS (07-11-18), ba2sy (07-11-18), tuscani66 (07-11-18)
Old 07-11-18, 10:09 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Very "jittery" dyno graph, not sure what the deal is with that. Are any of those results with baffles open and closed?
Old 07-11-18, 10:45 AM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
The little "A" Light that turns Green (Valves Open) and Orange (Valves Closed) sits up underneath the driver side dashboard area. If you look at the photo of the Box with all its contents there are wires that connect to Solenoid under hood (I'll get a shot of that) Run thru firewall and one piece connects to your OBD2 Port near your left shin. You Open n Close the Valves w the Remote OR with the Armytrix App on cell (Which is the only ***** I have so far. I cannot get my Android Samsung Phone to connect via Bluetooth to this App. No 4 digit code works. If you watch all the YouTube videos you'll find everyone uses an iPhone for this - NOT Android !)
Just got my own Armytrix OBII ECU Valve Control. I didn't know it had an adapter. I thought the OBII dongle just connects straight to the OBII port on the car but actually via an adapter so, you can relocate that OBII dongle. Since it does not work with android, you cannot setup the specific RPM you want to open/close the valves? So, you can only open/close manually?

I got this for automatic opening/closing at a certain RPM. So, it would suck if it did not do that. Did you ask armytrix for the android support? Or are you planning to get some cheap iphone and setup the RPM range?

PS
On your Dyno Sheet, are the valves open since the beginning? Have you tried the closed position first?
Old 07-11-18, 01:03 PM
DannyRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an Armytrix installed on my RCF, but after taking it for the 5k servicing the valves wouldn’t close. Connecting the dongle directly into the OBD port does not close the valves even though there is a connection to the app. Connecting the splitter causes all the lights to go off on the dash and the electronics to shut off completely, no power steering the remote wouldn’t even open the doors. Do you guys know how to fix this?
Old 07-11-18, 01:20 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Install & Performance

Originally Posted by DannyRCF
I have an Armytrix installed on my RCF, but after taking it for the 5k servicing the valves wouldn’t close. Connecting the dongle directly into the OBD port does not close the valves even though there is a connection to the app. Connecting the splitter causes all the lights to go off on the dash and the electronics to shut off completely, no power steering the remote wouldn’t even open the doors. Do you guys know how to fix this?
Damn Danny!!
This is issue is still going on for you man? Omg!
Brother that HAS to be something between the solenoid and vacuum line, it has to be. Please take it back to your installer because I haven't had ONE light at all come on since day one, let alone lose all of what you did!
They said it didn't even throw a CEL first start up!

As far as Android, it's being looked into by some good contacts! No I will not get an iPhone just to monitor what the App does. Using the Remote to Open n Close is fine for me. I keep it tucked in the little spot under your left forearm and by now know which button is open n close. I rarely close it just as I was told by another owner months ago.

Guys I wasnt inside the car doing the Dyno so I have no idea about the readout. I'm content w way the power delivery is. Absolutely no hesitation whatsoever. And if you look close in one Dyno run you can see the guy go behind the car when Driver gets on it to ensure the valves were open. No reason to run closed.

Overall, besides the App issue, I'm 100% content with what TJ at Vivid Racing did for me and couldn't be happier with this killer exhaust system! (Two Thumbs Up and A Snap my friends!)
Old 07-11-18, 05:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,484 Likes on 1,788 Posts

The only way to by-pass the issue of speed limiter without removing the speed limiter, is to dyno in 5th gear. Yes, 5th is slightly shorter than 1:1 ratio (1.23:1) and will yield slightly higher whp due to torque multiplication, but it will be a few whp more and not drastically different. It will allow the rev limiter to be hit since the 5th gear goes till about 155 - 160 mph or so.
Old 07-12-18, 03:46 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Unmm

Rolla I'm pretty sure he hit the rev limiter in each gear because he said he used Manual Mode to shift it all the way up to 6th gear. You're saying hold it in 5th with the revs pinned? I dont think that's really a good idea to hold so long after the beep, and during one run heard the exhaust Pop and gurgle as if saying "I've had enough!" lol Exactly what numbers are you "supposed" to be seeing w just this Exhaust man?

Since it was the first time they ran a RCF perhaps he may need some additional guidance. I'll honestly wait until Fall because the hot, humid air does no good for this PLUS I'd like to get a TRUE Intake w functionality too!

*Did I post this Start already? Cant wait until weather gets cold and it fires up NICE!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96yevcggdgbh925/InShot_20180707_134835284.mp4?dl=0

Quick Reply: Gunny's Armytrix Install & Build