Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Twan’s GTE Single Turbo Swap!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-18, 11:17 AM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Twan’s GTE Single Turbo Swap!!

Whats going on guys, been on the forum a few times now and finally decided it’s time to join! First time Lexus owner, but not new to the Toyota family I own a 96 T100 4x4 5 speed. I picked up my 2000 Gs300 not running from a private tow company for $700 bucks. The motor was seized and I thought to myself this is the perfect time to build my first turbo car. So I did some research and I was able to find a local JDM engine shop and picked up my GTE swap for $1800 which included motor/trans and ecu. My original plan was to just refresh the motor with new gaskets/water pump and standard maintenance parts. Well let’s just say I ended up tearing down the entire block and replacing everything!! I will list all mods and prices so far.

The following users liked this post:
nyc80rick (01-20-19)
Old 10-25-18, 11:38 AM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Parts update list:
SupraSuperStore pro series T4 manifold
Twaked engine harness (ordering in 2 weeks)
Supra front calipers
StopTech cross/drilled rotors F &R
StopTech stainless steel braided lines front and rear
Powdercoated all calipers Illusion purple
Varrstoen ES9 18x10.5 +22
Full interior swap from another tan GS300

Last edited by AzGsTwan; 10-25-18 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-25-18, 11:49 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Nice build. Looks like you've made a lot of progress already
Old 10-25-18, 12:12 PM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
Nice build. Looks like you've made a lot of progress already
Thank you it’s been 2 years in the making! Finally installing the motor in the next couple weeks.
Old 10-25-18, 07:41 PM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice build. I suggest you order that Tweaked wiring harness ASAP if you're looking to get this running soon. I just received my Tweaked harness last week for my GS300 build and I ordered it on Aug. 17. Work of art, but it's going to take a minute to receive. No complaints, just want to give you a heads up on a time frame. Good luck on your build! About to start my USDM TT swap. Need to pass emissions in GA, hence all USDM parts.
Old 10-26-18, 06:45 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by JasGS350
Nice build. I suggest you order that Tweaked wiring harness ASAP if you're looking to get this running soon. I just received my Tweaked harness last week for my GS300 build and I ordered it on Aug. 17. Work of art, but it's going to take a minute to receive. No complaints, just want to give you a heads up on a time frame. Good luck on your build! About to start my USDM TT swap. Need to pass emissions in GA, hence all USDM parts.
I don't want to hijack this thread but JasGS350 PLEASE start a build thread and post some detailed pictures and info about your build. I'm really interested in doing the same thing to my car. I wish I was in GA and had gerrb to help me out. That guy is a legend with the 2JZ engines
Old 10-26-18, 03:45 PM
JasGS350
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
I don't want to hijack this thread but JasGS350 PLEASE start a build thread and post some detailed pictures and info about your build. I'm really interested in doing the same thing to my car. I wish I was in GA and had gerrb to help me out. That guy is a legend with the 2JZ engines
Will do. I plan to start next week.
Old 10-26-18, 07:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Great Build.. Subscribed
The following users liked this post:
AzGsTwan (12-27-18)
Old 10-29-18, 06:43 AM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Thanks I appreciate it and will definitely place my order soon. I’ve only heard good things about there harnesses! Post a build of your gs300
Old 10-29-18, 06:45 AM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Great Build.. Subscribed
Thanks bro, I will have some updates this week.
Old 12-15-18, 07:39 AM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Update on the build🙌🏾

I placed my order for my engine harness last Thursday , so hopefully I will have it before Christmas. I purchased a intercooler kit, wastegate and bov from a local gs owner. Supra TT brake conversion is done and installed. I’m planning to have the motor dropped in by end of the year.

Last edited by AzGsTwan; 12-15-18 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-15-18, 01:58 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I see what is an impressive parts list. However the one critical piece that seems toe be missing is the billet tensioner. I would not risk that build on a $200 part
Old 12-15-18, 02:01 PM
Letsride

Another that has sipped the koolaid. How do you know you have no problems with the harness? Have you actually installed it and tested it? report back when you do.

Old 12-15-18, 03:17 PM
AzGsTwan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Letsride
I see what is an impressive parts list. However the one critical piece that seems toe be missing is the billet tensioner. I would not risk that build on a $200 part
I’m actually running the Pure Automotive Performance tensioner. It’s one of the parts out of sight out of mind lol .
Old 12-15-18, 04:49 PM
Letsride

Good deal!

Quick Reply: Twan’s GTE Single Turbo Swap!!