Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Pittsy's 2014 IS250 Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-18, 01:07 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold

Were any of your other panels (that survived the crash) repainted at any point? Hopefully the paint from your current wrap doesn't pull anything off...unless of course you are getting the entire car repainted when it's repaired.

Remember it's not just about it curing time, it's also the surface prep, primer, bonding/flex agents, and all other factors that go into a quality repaint.
Nope, all original paint. Only going to need a new front bumper, new hood, and new driver side fender hopefully.
Old 11-28-18, 10:48 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Bad news everyone. Just got word that the car was totaled. Going to go get my intake and exhaust after the car, along with my audio stuff, wing, and anything else that i can take with me. Really heartbroken right now. I guess that's the end of this build thread. I dont think Ill have any more updates on the car for you guys, but in the event that I do, Ill let you know ASAP. Thanks everyone...
Old 11-28-18, 10:58 AM
Ajowhan
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Bad news everyone. Just got word that the car was totaled. Going to go get my intake and exhaust after the car, along with my audio stuff, wing, and anything else that i can take with me. Really heartbroken right now. I guess that's the end of this build thread. I dont think Ill have any more updates on the car for you guys, but in the event that I do, Ill let you know ASAP. Thanks everyone...
My condolences for lexy, on the bright side. Looking forward to see your next project!
Old 11-28-18, 11:24 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Ajowhan
My condolences for lexy, on the bright side. Looking forward to see your next project!
Yeah. Hopefully in the next few weeks i can pick up a RC350 F Sport i found a killer deal on. If i can afford it, i’ll snag it. Need some mourning time over lexy though. Ill always have a place in my heart for the 3IS. Loved my slow 250.

Last edited by Pittsy; 11-28-18 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-28-18, 11:56 AM
Ajowhan
Pit Crew

Yeah. Hopefully in the next few weeks i can pick up a RC350 F Sport i found a killer deal on. If i can afford it, i’ll snag it. Need some mourning time over lexy though. Ill always have a place in my heart for the 3IS. Loved my slow 250.
Im sure once you mate with your new love, you’ll get over it fast 😂 Sounds wrong, but I would love it if I can change to rc350 now that I know how slow 250 really is
Old 11-29-18, 11:15 AM
JonHT
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Sad news mate, It was a good process going through the RGB installation with you.
Looking forward to your next build...
Old 11-30-18, 08:49 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Went down to the body shop, got my speakers and amp. I ripped the rear wing off the back. The body shop insisted they would take my axelback off, even though it would've taken a solid 10 minutes to do. As for my intake, i'm not allowed to get it. There is worry of adding more damage to the car to retrieve it from under the smashed hood. I'm almost certain that it is in okay shape though. Going to try to get the value of it, as well as my springs in my settlement. Maybe the wrap will be part of that too but i'm doubtful. Either way, i'm going to hold on to my parts for now, as i may end up getting another 3IS, however if I do end up getting an RC i'll post them up for sale here. Hung my license plate up. Gone but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-18, 10:16 PM
Sant0rini
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang smh.. I legit felt this in my heart man.. so sorry for the loss of your IS.. I had to put in a flood claim few days ago , insurance is covering it but I know that gut wrenching feeling of not having your prized possession.. keep your head up , you’ll be back in the game just all in time ..
Old 12-02-18, 06:57 PM
lychee416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch, hopefully you get a nice killer deal on your next car. Maybe is350? If is250 was slow. Good luck bro.
Old 12-03-18, 07:39 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Sant0rini
Dang smh.. I legit felt this in my heart man.. so sorry for the loss of your IS.. I had to put in a flood claim few days ago , insurance is covering it but I know that gut wrenching feeling of not having your prized possession.. keep your head up , you’ll be back in the game just all in time ..
Thanks. Its a sucky feeling, but hopefully my next build will be even better!

Originally Posted by lychee416
Ouch, hopefully you get a nice killer deal on your next car. Maybe is350? If is250 was slow. Good luck bro.
Yeah, im looking at 200t's and 350's. I feel like the 350 is a better platform for improvement than the 200t(300) since the 200t(3000 is already boosted theres not a whole lot you can do.

Maybe ill get the 350, put RRRacing's SC + Tune on it and be making 400+ WHP!!

I already found a great set of wheels for whatever 3IS I start my build on. Hopefully I can pick them up later this week when i get my paycheck...

Any color scheme ideas? i'm looking at nebula gray right now for the base color. Maybe I should start a new build thread for the new car? Or should I just rename this thread and continue here?

Last edited by Pittsy; 12-03-18 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-04-18, 10:35 AM
Ajowhan
Pit Crew

Thanks. Its a sucky feeling, but hopefully my next build will be even better!

Yeah, im looking at 200t's and 350's. I feel like the 350 is a better platform for improvement than the 200t(300) since the 200t(3000 is already boosted theres not a whole lot you can do.

Maybe ill get the 350, put RRRacing's SC + Tune on it and be making 400+ WHP!!

I already found a great set of wheels for whatever 3IS I start my build on. Hopefully I can pick them up later this week when i get my paycheck...

Any color scheme ideas? i'm looking at nebula gray right now for the base color. Maybe I should start a new build thread for the new car? Or should I just rename this thread and continue here?
If I have chance to rebuild, I would do 2015 350 white lol. I dont really like the newer style
Old 12-06-18, 07:11 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Update on the totaled IS:
I got my settlement. The KBB value of my car was estimated between 17-19K. As of tuesday, we settled for just under 24k.

That is huge news, I didnt have gap insurance to cover depreciation, and I still had to pay off my loan. Now, with the settlement, I can pay off the loan, and make a good down payment on a new lexus!!

MODS ARE GREAT INVESTMENTS!
Old 12-06-18, 07:12 AM
Ajowhan
Pit Crew

Update on the totaled IS:
I got my settlement. The KBB value of my car was estimated between 17-19K. As of tuesday, we settled for just under 24k.

That is huge news, I didnt have gap insurance to cover depreciation, and I still had to pay off my loan. Now, with the settlement, I can pay off the loan, and make a good down payment on a new lexus!!

MODS ARE GREAT INVESTMENTS!

that sounds great!! Did you manage to have the other person’s insurance admit fault or did you have to go through your own insurance?

also can you get the insurance to pay for the sales tax of the new purchase?
Old 12-06-18, 07:16 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by Ajowhan

that sounds great!! Did you manage to have the other person’s insurance admit fault or did you have to go through your own insurance?

also can you get the insurance to pay for the sales tax of the new purchase?
My own unfortunately. There's no way I would've been able to settle for that much on someone else's insurance that quickly.
Old 12-11-18, 08:30 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Just got insurance quotes on two vehicles. One beings a 2015 IS250, the other being a 2015 RC350 F sport. Turns out, the RC is cheaper to insure than the IS!! As of now, that is the direction that this build is going to head in. Hopefully by the end of this week, Ill have a sporty RC! My insurance did go up, sadly. I may end up having to switch companies, preferably one with accident forgiveness. When I pick up the new car, Ill post a picture here, and link you to the new build thread I am going to create in the RC section of the forum.

Quick Reply: Pittsy's 2014 IS250 Build