Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Will's Black GS400 - Going all out now

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-19, 04:52 PM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

A little teaser before I get better pictures of them. The overnight parts from Japan are finally back from the shop with custom paint...better pics coming tomorrow

The following users liked this post:
nyc80rick (01-20-19)
Old 01-18-19, 02:29 PM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Here it is guys, this was what was in the mystery box from Japan.

Work CR Kiwami 19 x 9.5F/11R. I bought these on eBay for a great deal as they were really banged up. This was the worst of it all but all the rims had rash, bends and wavy lips.

After spending 2 months at my wheel repair shop, they were able to repair the crack, all the rash and bends and paint the wheel in a custom metallic gun metal 2 tone finish. When the weather is nicer out, I'll get some better pictures.

fatness

I originally went with Nankang tires as they were available for a good price at $100 from Discount Tire. With the setup I had in mind, I would probably wear in a set of tires just getting everything dialed in so I didn't want to spring for a nice set just yet. Lucky me, when I picked up the tires, they couldn't find them in the warehouse so they offered a set of Hankook V12 EVO2's for the same price!. They are just over $200 a tire so I saved quite a bit there. The 265 30 rear tire stretches very nicely on the 11" wide rear wheel. I am extremely happy with the way it looks and can't wait to get it on the car. More on that part soon..
The following 2 users liked this post by Will_GS400:
Jerbou71 (02-04-19), nyc80rick (01-20-19)
Old 01-18-19, 03:59 PM
SlowSedan
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice! Looks like they did a great job on the repair, plus a wicked deal on tires. Looking forward to seeing them on the car.
Old 01-19-19, 06:49 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

They did a great job on the wheels.. They look brand new.. Going to look nice on the GS
Old 01-20-19, 11:34 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Will_GS400
One of the big changes to this car will be the introduction of air suspension. I've been impressed with Air Lift Performance's lineup and after doing some research (and Black Friday), I bit the bullet and went with the Air Lift 3P system with dual Viair chrome compressors and a polished 5 gallon tank. This is a mock up of everything before I nail it down. The tank is 36" wide, too wide to fit on the rear shelf so I'll build a pedestal for it to clear the sides. The compressors will sit up front and the black bracket in the middle house the Air Lift manifold. The benefits of having dual compressors range from having a backup in case one of them dies so I don't get stranded, less overall run time to fill the tank and in turn, less noisy time. It also looks cool

I also purchased a set of air struts from Air Lift with Serial Nine camber plates that allow for +/- 3 degrees. With my wheel and tire setup in mind, being able to adjust the camber will come in very handy. Wheels should be here by the end of the year.

I recently got rid of my BC coilovers going with fortune auto coilovers with cup kit. My first time dealing with any kind of air I also went with airlift 3P and I would tell you I love it. Good stuff can't wait till you get the wheels on
Will_GS400 (01-24-19)
Old 01-24-19, 09:37 AM
sgreenup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound system

What plug and play kit did you use for your subwoofer to tap into the stock wiring
Old 01-24-19, 09:46 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sgreenup
What plug and play kit did you use for your subwoofer to tap into the stock wiring
I didn't tap into the stock wiring. The sub goes directly into the amp you see in the picture.
Old 01-27-19, 12:43 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Alright, couple more updates. Had the car in the shop for over a week. LS brakes were installed back in the front with new Akebono pads all around with new Brembo blank rotors in the rear. Also had the Precision Industries high stall torque converter and tranny cooler, automatic Supra 3.76 LSD, PPE headers and K&N intake installed. A couple of maintenance items like the valve cover gasket was replaced to stop an oil leak and new Denso spark plugs and a synthetic oil change was done. The car drives great right now. Really enjoying the increased power from the PPE headers, especially when merging on to the highway. At higher RPM's, the car effortlessly gets up to highway speed and pulls harder than before.

Picked up a set of acrylic tail lights but they needed work. The parking lights work but the brighter brake lights did not. With my slight electrical background, I was able to determine all the lights had faulty diodes on the stop circuit and after soldering in new diodes, the brake lights work again! I just have to deal with sealing the lights back up, which have proven to be more difficult than headlamps

Picked up an A'pexi AFC NEO with a Boomslang harness. Hoping to squeeze more out of the 1UZ-FE when I get back on the dyno. Hoping to get it tuned once the rest of the exhaust is sorted out.

Lastly, stopped by SERIALNINE to pick up some parts. Super lucky to have these guys in my hometown. This will be a huge part of my build.

As always, more to come soon...
Old 01-29-19, 12:30 AM
mistagill
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those tail lights are amazing! Very nice Will!
Im excited to see what it makes on the dyno after all the mods. Should be real close to 300whp!
Will_GS400 (01-29-19)
Old 01-29-19, 08:00 AM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

love the v8's VVTI's, i also had two 99 SC400's and the power is so smooth. are you doing all the work yourself?
Will_GS400 (01-29-19)
Old 01-29-19, 10:15 AM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mistagill
Those tail lights are amazing! Very nice Will!
Im excited to see what it makes on the dyno after all the mods. Should be real close to 300whp!
Thanks, I have a set of Magnaflow high flow cats I need to have welded in. I used them in the silver GS, really liked them. I also need to decide on the rest of the exhaust but once I do, I'll be taking it in for dyno tuning. I think 275whp is more likely than 300!

Originally Posted by JustChill
love the v8's VVTI's, i also had two 99 SC400's and the power is so smooth. are you doing all the work yourself?
Thanks. All the wiring and anything that doesn't require a lift, yes. For anything that needs the car on the lift, I take it to my mechanic who did all the work on my silver GS. I live in an apartment building and also daily the car so I don't exactly have the time and space to do it all.
Old 01-29-19, 08:02 PM
604GS400
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you don't travel into Vancouver much with the whole VI situation going on right now
Old 01-29-19, 11:20 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait to see this build! Haha didn't even see your thread till today since I haven't checked in such a while! I Can't believe you were able to get those camber plates though! I tried to get some while back from them and anyone who was selling them on their site but everyone was sold out, you must've taken the last one lol. I ended up going with TDemand top hats which are sweet but had to wait forever for them to get to me.
Old 01-29-19, 11:53 PM
Will_GS400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 604GS400
I hope you don't travel into Vancouver much with the whole VI situation going on right now
I'm still OK for now, no "visible camber" and even with the PPE headers, the exhaust sounds stock until I gun it. After I'm slammed, I'll be avoiding the city whenever I can

Originally Posted by SamsonLow
Can't wait to see this build! Haha didn't even see your thread till today since I haven't checked in such a while! I Can't believe you were able to get those camber plates though! I tried to get some while back from them and anyone who was selling them on their site but everyone was sold out, you must've taken the last one lol. I ended up going with TDemand top hats which are sweet but had to wait forever for them to get to me.
Yeah, lucked out with the camber plates. You probably don't need them anymore but I did see a set in their showroom last week.
SamsonLow (01-31-19)
Old 01-30-19, 06:50 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Any pics with the Wheels..

Quick Reply: Will's Black GS400 - Going all out now