Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-21, 02:25 AM
Wlpls430
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by notmill
I have the same ones on my car. Basic tools. A good set of offset jaw pliers might be good for pulling them out as the OEM ones are stubborn. I also needed an alignment afterwards.
I might have to order some bushings! Thanks!
Old 07-22-21, 08:33 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Pappadock6
I just read every post in this build thread. Amazing detail. I just got my 2004 LS430 UL couple weeks ago finally after wanting one for 20+ years! I am looking forward to enjoying it as is for a bit but a build/detail maintenance of some sort is coming. I may need to reach out to you for your guidance and expertise. I live in Atlanta area also. I also have a Hellcat Charger on bags so that is something I def want in the future.
Thank you for the kind words Pappadock6 - Yes feel free to reach out if you need help/guidance as I'd be happy to help!

What color is your LS ? Lets see some pictures of the bagged charger
Old 07-22-21, 08:42 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - Black Interior - Part 1

Hello fellow Clublexus Members,

Little update - I've been wanting to swap my tan interior to black for a while now. I actually bought a wrecked LS430 online back in march 2019 but turned out the dashboard had terrible bubbling that was not visible on pictures.

Long story short I had most parts for the interior swap but was missing a dashboard and random interior trim pieces.

Last weekend, my wife and I were visiting family in Birmingham (Alabama) and thought I would check the local junkyards for an LS and turns out there was a silver LS with a black interior (code LA24 - same as the wrecked one I had bought).

After a quick stop at the junkyard and $250 later I walked out with a dash, random interior trim, center console etc...

Pictures of the interior swap coming up next!

Thanks,
Yann.

Old 07-22-21, 08:57 AM
Pappadock6
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YannG
Hello fellow Clublexus Members,

Little update - I've been wanting to swap my tan interior to black for a while now. I actually bought a wrecked LS430 online back in march 2019 but turned out the dashboard had terrible bubbling that was not visible on pictures.

Long story short I had most parts for the interior swap but was missing a dashboard and random interior trim pieces.

Last weekend, my wife and I were visiting family in Birmingham (Alabama) and thought I would check the local junkyards for an LS and turns out there was a silver LS with a black interior (code LA24 - same as the wrecked one I had bought).

After a quick stop at the junkyard and $250 later I walked out with a dash, random interior trim, center console etc...

Thanks,
Yann.
very nice! i wonder if that car has the rear passenger door actuator that i need

Old 07-22-21, 09:09 AM
Pappadock6
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the kind words Pappadock6 - Yes feel free to reach out if you need help/guidance as I'd be happy to help!

What color is your LS ? Lets see some pictures of the bagged charger
My LS is silver with black. 2004 UL. And here are a few pix of the Hellcat.

If you ever see a set of 18" oem wheels i want them. I do not care what shape they are in.

Old 07-22-21, 09:31 AM
YannG
Intermediate

@Pappadock6 - That charger looks awesome, great job!

The LS still had actuators when I was there but not sure its worth the drive down to alabama - I've read that its a cheap and easy job to do !

Last edited by YannG; 07-22-21 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-22-21, 09:55 PM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Thanks,
Yann.
You're crazy man 😂
Car is going to be even more unique now, can't wait to see the results!
Old 08-05-21, 09:53 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - Black Interior - Part 2

Hello club members,

As promised here are the follow up pictures from my interior swap.

I started by thoroughly cleaning all of the black interior parts (seats, trim etc...)

New black seatbelt buckles:

Top and bottom rear seats are in - As you can see I still need black seatbelts.

Here is where it got interesting - The black door panels didnt have a hole for the tweeters from my CL. I am still debating on what to do as the audio now sounds a little "off". My options are to paint the tan tweeter covers or buy some new ones on ebay ( as they are discontinued at Lexus ). I've actually already ordered a full door panel with that tweeter cover for $30 as im going to attempt to paint it!

For now I've kept the grey upper part of the door panels to flow nicely with the rest of they grey parts (ie: inner door/window trim, dash etc...) - Once I replace the dashboard with the black one I'll also replace the upper part of the door panels as well as the inner door trim.

Front seats are in!

Now for the most fun part of this - the front glovebox, center console and lower steering wheel covers.

I carefully and successfully removed the wood trim panel without breaking anything which was surprising!

I removed the center console...

My garage full of tan/black interior pieces!

Interior put back together, everything worked as it should & all bulbs were replaced.

For those of you who noticed, yes the Parking brake lever is still tan - My only options are to buy a whole new cable assembly (which i dont want to do) or attempt to remove the tan lever from its glued bracket and replace it with the black one. I'm still figuring this one out...

The interior for the most part is complete and I am very happy with the outcome. What's left to do:
  • Swap the dashboard & replace all grey trim with black.
  • Either paint or find a good condition black steering wheel
  • Replace tan seatbelts with black ones
  • Figure out Parking lever
  • Figure out what to do with the tan carpet - If I dye it there's no going back, but I cant seem to find one online for less than $300.
  • Figure out if I want to keep my birdseye maple wood trim or swap it to the other wood grain from the silver LS
All comments as welcomed.

Thanks,
Yann.

Last edited by YannG; 08-05-21 at 10:02 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by YannG:
bjchilds1 (12-13-21), marsmango (08-05-21)
Old 08-05-21, 09:54 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Summer Pictures

Pictures of the LS on a sunny weekend!

The following users liked this post:
bjchilds1 (12-13-21)
Old 08-05-21, 09:58 AM
Pappadock6
Driver School Candidate

Damn! This is amazing. I wouldn't even know where to start with this. Imma need to see this in person one day! Good job man
Old 08-05-21, 01:18 PM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Interior looks great!
for the door speakers and parking brake, I would look at using black krylon fusion spray paint. I've had great results with it bonding to plastic, and holding up well
340massive (08-11-21)
Old 08-11-21, 01:04 PM
eettinger
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your car looks exactly like mine and I'm having an issue finding touchup paint. Could you tell me the paint code of your car?

You seem very knowledgeable, but on the off chance you don't know where it is, you can find it on the inside of the driver's door jamb on the sticker with the VIN number, pic below.

I need new roof rails and also some touchup paint and I'm getting weird results when I look up my paint code.

Thanks in advance and keep the posts coming - I'm learning a lot!

Old 08-12-21, 06:44 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by eettinger
Your car looks exactly like mine and I'm having an issue finding touchup paint. Could you tell me the paint code of your car?

You seem very knowledgeable, but on the off chance you don't know where it is, you can find it on the inside of the driver's door jamb on the sticker with the VIN number, pic below.

I need new roof rails and also some touchup paint and I'm getting weird results when I look up my paint code.

YannG's car looks like Crystal White in most of the pictures which is paint code 062. Your car based off the code is Beige Mica.

Try https://www.ebay.com/itm/36142960383...EAAOSw-a5d6xvn

Make sure you use
Amazon Amazon
to make for an easy application of touch-up paint.

Old 08-13-21, 12:33 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by eettinger

Originally Posted by Romanova
YannG's car looks like Crystal White in most of the pictures which is paint code 062. Your car based off the code is Beige Mica.

Try https://www.ebay.com/itm/36142960383...EAAOSw-a5d6xvn

Make sure you use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to make for an easy application of touch-up paint.
Thank you for the kind words eettinger - Romanova beat me to it, my car is crystal white 062 whereas yours seems to be beige with the color code being 4q2.

Yann.

Romanova (08-13-21)
Old 08-13-21, 06:12 PM
eettinger
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ooops - sorry about this - posted a sample color code, not mine.

Thank you for the kind words eettinger - Romanova beat me to it, my car is crystal white 062 whereas yours seems to be beige with the color code being 4q2.

Yann.
I inadvertantly caused some confusion when I did my post. That wasn't my paint code - just some sample I found on the Interwebs. Sorry.

I did a follow up post on the disparity between my REAL color code and the actual color of my car. That post is here: https://bit.ly/3m1hdL6

(That's a link to another Club Lexus post, just shortened with bit.ly)

Quick Reply: YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread