Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-22, 08:43 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 520 Posts

Looks amazing. I see a lot of Celsiors (on IG) only have the fog lights on. I'm sure there has to be a way to wire that up where the fogs can be on without the headlights being on... I think that would be an amazing look for your car.
Old 09-21-22, 09:48 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Some clean 430’s! That Celsior lip kit makes such a big difference on these cars. Can’t wait to put mine on along with my oem roof spoiler I have the trunk spoiler for sale if anyone is interested

There’s write ups floating around on how to run the fogs as your DRL’s. I’m gonna do mine when I paint my front end

@Yann have you used Techstream to play with any settings? I’ll pay someone if they have the software in Houston!

Old 01-11-23, 08:48 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by funcrusher
Some clean 430’s! That Celsior lip kit makes such a big difference on these cars. Can’t wait to put mine on along with my oem roof spoiler I have the trunk spoiler for sale if anyone is interested

There’s write ups floating around on how to run the fogs as your DRL’s. I’m gonna do mine when I paint my front end

@Yann have you used Techstream to play with any settings? I’ll pay someone if they have the software in Houston!
Hey there Funcrusher - thanks for the kind words & no I havent used TechStream. Did you manage to pay someone in houston?
Old 01-11-23, 09:04 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default JDM Item - Rear Footrests

Hello all,

Happy New Year!

Quick update - I finally found some OEM JDM rear foot rests. They were a pain to fit but look awesome.

This was of those "Not needed but wanted" item !

A quick carpet cleaning action before fitting them in the car

Start by removing the front bolts under the seat rails

Remove the seatbelt cover and undo the nut

Remove the rear bolts under the seat rails

Remove the bolt shown in the picture below:
(note: Its a 14mm on one side and a 12mm on the other)

Now the fun step - bending the bracket in order to actually get a wrench on the bolt after the footrest bracket is added:

Notice in the image below, the right hole is wider than the left (14mm ; 12mm)

Tighten both sides

Down:

Up

Quick vacuum before putting the seats back in

End result:

Thanks,
Yann

Last edited by YannG; 01-11-23 at 10:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kn171 (03-09-23)
Old 01-11-23, 09:39 AM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

I didnt even know these existed... OEM ftw!
Old 01-12-23, 07:48 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Neither did I until I saw this brochure!!!
Old 01-12-23, 10:11 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Yann, I actually did find someone in Houston that has Techstream and was willing to help. We couldn’t find anything about disabling the DRL’s though!! I think he had an older version because we went through every single option looking for it. I’ll probably just unplug the bulbs or something once I put in my Philips low beams. Was able to change the locks so they unlock when the car is in Drive and changed the interior bulbs to turn off after 7 seconds instead of 15 once the doors are opened and closed.
Old 01-12-23, 01:34 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Yann, I actually did find someone in Houston that has Techstream and was willing to help. We couldn’t find anything about disabling the DRL’s though!! I think he had an older version because we went through every single option looking for it. I’ll probably just unplug the bulbs or something once I put in my Philips low beams. Was able to change the locks so they unlock when the car is in Drive and changed the interior bulbs to turn off after 7 seconds instead of 15 once the doors are opened and closed.
haha that's awesome! I'll have to find someone local who can help me with that - I'd love to check out all the different settings I could adjust/change!

I had no idea you could change the timing of the interior bulbs - very cool!
Old 01-12-23, 01:41 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - exhaust tip extended

Quick update - ever since I fitted the lip kit I wanted to get my exhaust tips extended! I went to SMS Metal and they did an awesome job - highly recommend them for any fab/exhaust work.

Old 01-12-23, 05:46 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Originally Posted by YannG
haha that's awesome! I'll have to find someone local who can help me with that - I'd love to check out all the different settings I could adjust/change!

I had no idea you could change the timing of the interior bulbs - very cool!
I meant I changed the locks to unlock when in Park. They automatically lock when the car is in Drive and unlock when in Park now.

I was annoyed at the interior bulbs staying on for so long so was cool to cut the time in half. There’s a lot of little stuff you can mess with but not sure what else I would change besides those 2 and the DRL’s.
Old 01-12-23, 05:47 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Those tips look good! I bought some Honda S2000 ones to put on. Apparently, they fit perfect with the Celsior lip kit. The regular stock ones look puny and out of place with the kit haha
Old 01-17-23, 06:56 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Those tips look good! I bought some Honda S2000 ones to put on. Apparently, they fit perfect with the Celsior lip kit. The regular stock ones look puny and out of place with the kit haha
Nice one - yeah Honda s2k tips look really good too! Send pics when you have them fitted
Old 01-30-23, 01:20 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - Window sunshade curtains

Hello all,

Quick update - I finally found a clean set of rear sunshade curtains from a 2002 Ultra Luxury and decided to fit them to my car. It was very straight forward and everything fit perfectly!

All parts gathered, 4 curtains, 2 rear upper window trim with the hooks, 2 upper door card trim.

Removed the door panel and swapped out the wood trim

Fit the new window trim with the hooks and the little side curtain:

For anyone else attempting to fit the curtains you will need these little yellow spacers (Shown below)
(They were on the 2002's door card so figured I needed them)

And this is where they go:

Removed all of the old glue/gunk

I also made sure to remove both sides of the Velcro (one on the door card / one on the curtain assembly)

You can clearly see where they are supposed to go on the upper trim assembly (leather part)

I glued the velcro down with super glue!

I then glued the yellow spacers (make sure to install the tallest one facing the front of the car)

Glued down and the curtain screwed in & holding on with the velcro - it felt VERY secure.

End result

Old 01-30-23, 01:27 PM
YannG
Intermediate

I did the other side following the same steps

This side however, the upper window trim was too damaged for my liking so I decided to cut holes in my upper window trim

FYI: the 2 upper hooks are smaller than the corner one:

Removed the hooks from the old door trim

Once again I LOVE TOYOTA - they already had the trim stamped/marked so it made drilling/cutting very easy & straight forward.

Last pictures of the curtains fully assembled:

My OCD kicked in and decided to steam the shades themselves as they were very wrinkly & it came out great! I actually did the remaining 3 before fitting them in the car!

As always I really enjoy working on the car and having everything fit like it came from the factory is so satisfying!

Overall I am extremely happy with the outcome

Thanks,
Yann
Romanova (01-30-23)
Old 02-01-23, 08:43 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts

MANNNNNN this is SO good! Excellent work!
YannG (02-01-23)

Quick Reply: YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread