Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-23, 04:59 PM
intermec
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Any tip on removing the window trim? I heard somewhere that it was a bit difficult. I plan to remove the rear panel to replace the rear door lock (maybe the actuator/motor) It will get stuck once a while and once stuck, I can't unlock the car both inside and outside. What a pain...
Old 02-21-23, 08:21 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by intermec
Any tip on removing the window trim? I heard somewhere that it was a bit difficult. I plan to remove the rear panel to replace the rear door lock (maybe the actuator/motor) It will get stuck once a while and once stuck, I can't unlock the car both inside and outside. What a pain...
What window trim are you referring to? feel free to send me a pm and I can provide more guidance!
Old 02-21-23, 08:25 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Maintenance - Interior bulbs

Hello,
I noticed some of my interior bulbs needed to be replaced, so I ordered some new bulbs and replaced them!

(I'll let the pictures do the talking)

New bulb in the AFS button:

Yann.
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (02-21-23)
Old 02-21-23, 12:36 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Good ****. I just ordered some leds from Vleds for the license plate, trunk, side mirrors, dome light, glove box, door lights and map lights. I’ll probably just go to Lexus and tell them give me every single interior bulb and green condom for everything else. Not having a single burnt out interior bulb makes a huge difference.
Old 02-21-23, 01:00 PM
intermec
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by YannG
Hello,
I noticed some of my interior bulbs needed to be replaced, so I ordered some new bulbs and replaced them!

(I'll let the pictures do the talking)

New bulb in the AFS button:

Yann.
I just replaced the light for the temp button on the right side + the heated seats control.
I didn't know the gas door button has light. Will check. Did you get the bulb from Lexus?
Old 02-21-23, 01:04 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Since we’re on the topic, anyone have a list of everything that requires a bulb on these cars? Interior wise
Old 02-24-23, 11:59 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by intermec
I just replaced the light for the temp button on the right side + the heated seats control.
I didn't know the gas door button has light. Will check. Did you get the bulb from Lexus?
yeah I got the bulb from Lexusparts.com but you should be able to get it from any bulb shop!
This is what it looks like illuminated!
(maybe i could try to put a green condom on it - I know it was intended to match the floor lighting)

Originally Posted by funcrusher
Since we’re on the topic, anyone have a list of everything that requires a bulb on these cars? Interior wise
I think this thread might be a good place to start:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...nd-part-s.html
Old 02-24-23, 12:53 PM
funcrusher
Racer

I figured the trunk release and gas cap latches weren’t actually bulbs, just strips like the floor lighting
Old 03-01-23, 07:16 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by funcrusher
I figured the trunk release and gas cap latches weren’t actually bulbs, just strips like the floor lighting
The floor lighting (at least under the driver side) they are actually little bulbs !

Old 03-09-23, 06:45 PM
kn171
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yann, I just keep coming back to this thread! Everything you've done is AMAZING and your attention to detail is astonishing. Hope your LS continues to treat you as well as you treat it!
Old 03-24-23, 11:53 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kn171
Yann, I just keep coming back to this thread! Everything you've done is AMAZING and your attention to detail is astonishing. Hope your LS continues to treat you as well as you treat it!
Hi Kn171 - Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words

My LS definitely treats me right - its been a super reliable daily !
Old 03-29-23, 08:09 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default JDM Update - Rear seat assist

Hello,

Quick JDM update - I finally purchased some "Reat seat gript assist". Based on my research they came standard on some celsior's back in japan.

I started by removing the seat, removed the seat's back panel and I was pleasantly surprised to see holes in the actual inner seat metal frame. I purchased new hardware and clipped on the metal U-nut.

New hardware - U metal nut (circled in the previous picture) and a 10mm bolt.

I used 2 small tiny screw drivers to poke holes through the leather from the back to make sure I had the right alignment (if that makes sense).

Tightened the bolts

Quick interior vaccum.

Seats back in!
I actually did the drivers side with the seat IN the car - it certainly was trickier (especially putting the seat back panel back on) but manageable!

Overall, I "think" I like them - I am planning to either have my seats re-upholstered or buy used seats in better condition so I figured I'd fit these to my current seats and see if I like them. They've grown on my since I fitted them - Time will tell if I keep them on!

Thanks,
Yann
The following 3 users liked this post by YannG:
Kira X (04-09-23), LatinLS430 (04-12-23), Romanova (03-29-23)
Old 04-09-23, 09:38 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

Whoa, those look awesome! I would love to have a set.
The following users liked this post:
YannG (04-13-23)
Old 04-13-23, 10:26 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Thanks Kira X !

If you do want a set send me a PM and I can connect you with my JDM goodies importer!
The following 2 users liked this post by YannG:
Julius071 (04-13-23), Kira X (02-12-24)
Old 01-23-24, 09:05 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - Black Interior swap

Hello All,

Happy New Year to all Clublexus owners!

I've realized that I never updated this build thread with the completion of the black interior swap. Initially, I wanted to either paint or dye the fabric, but the end result wasn't up to my standards. Consequently, I decided to wrap all pillars and the headliner with black suede fabric, in addition to painting all the interior plastic trim. A tip for painting: lightly sand, spray with Bulldog adhesive promoter (very important), and then spray with black paint (SEM Color Coat - 15243 Satin Black)

For the pillars I would remove the existing fabric, cut the new black suede and glue it to the plastic pillar - It was harder than expected but after practicing on a spare part I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

Removal of the pillars + headliner

I removed the tan fabric from the headliner, Sprayed some adhesive glue and applied the new black fabric ( forgot to take pictures)

How it looked (with unpainted interior plastics)

Next up was painting the plastic components + the sun visors. I'll let the pictures do the talking

Quick Reply: YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread