Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-24, 09:09 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Update - Black Interior (continued)

Part 2 of the interior plastics being painted from tan to black:

(I had to re-do one of the lights)

Taking everything into account, I am extremely pleased with the outcomes. It's been nearly a year since I completed the mentioned tasks, and there hasn't been any chipping in the paint. The headliner has held up exceptionally well, even in the Georgia summer. This transformation has significantly enhanced the interior, creating a much more inviting and enjoyable space.

Thanks,
Yann

Last edited by YannG; 01-23-24 at 09:14 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by YannG:
Kira X (02-12-24), kn171 (01-23-24), LatinLS430 (01-23-24), MaxKechely (01-23-24)
Old 01-23-24, 11:49 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts

This is sooooo good Yann. Glad you updated!
Old 01-24-24, 06:57 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 746 Likes on 528 Posts

I love every time this thread updates. Your vision for your car is flawless with a perfect execution.

What's up next for it?
Old 01-24-24, 02:35 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kos
This is sooooo good Yann. Glad you updated!
Thanks Kos !

Originally Posted by Romanova
I love every time this thread updates. Your vision for your car is flawless with a perfect execution.

What's up next for it?
Thanks Romanova, I appreciate the kind words

Once all of the interior was completed, I proceeded to install an OEM celsior sunroof visor. Initially, I had imported one from Japan with all of the hardware, but it arrived with a significant crack. Fortunately, another LS owner had one available for sale, as he didn't like how it appeared on his car. The visor has little flaps that you can adjust to control the air flow - I love it !

Here's a few pictures from one of the Caffeine and Octane car meets - Each LS featured in the pictures below belong to CL members who reside locally in the Atlanta area. They're a cool bunch of guys, and it's great to have fellow LS enthusiasts nearby

Since then I've mainly been enjoying the car, keeping up with maintenance (regular oil changes every 5k) & and lastly I changed my front pads and rotors.

Next up:
Replace the front driver seat leather top and bottom (both are torn)
Investigate a strange noise from the front wheels (I suspect the front wheel bearings needs to be replaced as they are nearing 215k miles)
Replace LCA bushings
New tires in the near future

Thanks,
Yann
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (01-24-24)
Old 01-25-24, 09:53 AM
LJ500
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice thread! very nice build. really gla dyou are keeping this thread going and updating a long the way. lots of useful stuff here. Really liking the way your LS is turning out.
The following users liked this post:
YannG (02-05-24)
Old 02-05-24, 06:19 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Thanks @LJ500 , I appreciate it!
Old 02-05-24, 06:23 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default New Interior belt guide

Quick interior update : The rear passenger side belt guide clip was broken and I decided to replace it. Purchased one on ebay for $10 and swapped them over.

As you can see below one of the clips was broken and the bracket wouldnt stay closed:

New belt guide:

Removed 3 screws:

New belt guide fitted:

Old 02-10-24, 07:17 PM
MaxKechely
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the black interior is literally beautiful i would love to have a black parts car
Old 02-11-24, 12:09 AM
ucf430
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing build! Wondering if the headliner job was a breeze? Looking to replace mine and was told by the shop that either front windshield need to come out or the dashboard and seats have to be removed...
Old 02-11-24, 10:25 AM
MaxKechely
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ucf430
Amazing build! Wondering if the headliner job was a breeze? Looking to replace mine and was told by the shop that either front windshield need to come out or the dashboard and seats have to be removed...
that shop has no idea what theyre talking about, it was pretty easy for me to do mine u just needa take out all the pillar trims, the back seats, and one of the front seats and recline back the other, also take out all the stuff attachd to the headliner, didnt take more than 2 days for me to do u can even do it urself
Old 02-11-24, 10:58 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I’m surprised you haven’t taken the stock limp ***** antenna off and replaced it with a shark fin one the aftermarket ones from Japan look a lot cleaner imo
Old 02-11-24, 01:20 PM
MaxKechely
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by funcrusher
I’m surprised you haven’t taken the stock limp ***** antenna off and replaced it with a shark fin one the aftermarket ones from Japan look a lot cleaner imo
not OP but do you have a link or a name for the shark one?
Old 02-12-24, 06:39 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MaxKechely
the black interior is literally beautiful i would love to have a black parts car
Thank you!

Originally Posted by ucf430
that shop has no idea what theyre talking about, it was pretty easy for me to do mine u just needa take out all the pillar trims, the back seats, and one of the front seats and recline back the other, also take out all the stuff attachd to the headliner, didnt take more than 2 days for me to do u can even do it urself
Like MaxKechely said, that shop doesnt know what they area talking about! haha... You just remove all of the panels and trims. Its a easy job! The tricky part is wrapping the parts with the new fabric but if you take your time, use the correct bonding adhesive you'll be fine. Check out some YT tutorials!

Originally Posted by funcrusher
haha, I like the stock limp antenna! But I do agree that the shark fin ones look sleeker!

not OP but do you have a link or a name for the shark one?
Max, if you have Instagram check out this guy: Vipsusha, its where I got most of my stuff and he sells shark fin antennas:

The following 2 users liked this post by YannG:
Kira X (02-12-24), MaxKechely (02-12-24)
Old 02-12-24, 07:14 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

Your build is looking even better. I like the black headliner and always wondered how it would look.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kira X:
sypherjak (03-05-24), YannG (03-18-24)
Old 03-18-24, 06:58 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Thanks Kira X - I'm so happy with the black interior!

Quick Reply: YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread