Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-20, 12:06 AM
HBKAKQN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Logged in to comment on this build. Your thread has been very helpful! Thanks for posting your progress.
Old 05-29-20, 12:18 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by HBKAKQN
Logged in to comment on this build. Your thread has been very helpful! Thanks for posting your progress.
You're welcome HBKAKQN ! Glad I was able to help out
Old 05-30-20, 08:27 PM
Seehorn12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YannG
Hello all!

Hope everyone is doing well considering the current circumstances!

Quick update- A couple of days I noticed my carpets were soaking wet (in front and behind the passenger seat). I proceeded to check my sunroof drains and one was slightly blocked, so I made sure all 4 were free of any debris and decided to remove my interior to let the carpet dry!

Full disclosure- It was a PAIN in the butt... Having to remove the passenger seat, A, B, C pillars to access the headliner, Propping up the carpet to allow it to dry...

The carpet was all wet with little water puddles...

Remove most of the interior on the passenger side.

This did give me a chance to thoroughly clean the seat and interior carpet.

I spent a good 3-4 hours vacuuming the water and drying the carpet the best that I could with a heat gun.

The carpet was finally completely dry & clean
after 3 days of sun here in Atlanta.

I thought I would make the most of the interior already being taken out to remove the driver seat and vacuum/clean the carpet under it!

Carpet nice and clean!

I also cleaned the little tab on the side of our seats as both driver and passenger side were very dirty!

Thats it for now! Hoping to get some new JDM goodies in the near future!

Stay safe out there fellow CL members!

Yann.
Thanks for all the great info!! Glad I came
across your build thread. Bought my LS a couple days ago and I will be following what you have done so far. Where are these drain holes for the sunroof and where can I source some of those window visors?
Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-01-20, 07:39 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Seehorn12
Thanks for all the great info!! Glad I came
across your build thread. Bought my LS a couple days ago and I will be following what you have done so far. Where are these drain holes for the sunroof and where can I source some of those window visors?
Thanks in advance!!
HI Seehorn12.
Congrats on your purchase, you won't regret it as these cars are truly awesome!

Regarding the sunroof drains check this video out:

I purchased the JDM visors on The Facebook LS430 Classified page - Plenty of cool parts for sale!

Good luck!
Yann.
Old 06-01-20, 07:47 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default JDM Items - Interior Trim

Hey guys,

I recently purchased some "Interior B panels + lower trims" from Japan (yahoo auctions) in what I thought was the correct color but it turns out they are the darker shade of tan/beige.

Kind of annoyed as I tried to confirm with the seller what color they were but I was told "tan" so I took the risk.

I'm still unsure If I have an "ecru or ivory" interior...

The hunt continues for good condition B Pillars.

Thanks,
Yann.

Last edited by YannG; 06-01-20 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-21-20, 09:27 AM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Amazing build and amazingly detailed thread. Juat bought my 04 UL last weekend here in the metro Atlanta area and I will be coming to this thread often in the future for information I'm sure.
Old 09-13-20, 04:22 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - New Windshield

Hello Fellow Clublexus Owners,

Not a huge update but thought I would add it to the "build thread". One morning on my way to work a rather large stone hit my windshield and cracked it. Long story short I got it replaced and was really happy with the service Atlanta Glass provided,

Windshield removal:

The technician had it removed in 15 minutes - pretty impressive!

Primer added to prevent any rust:

New windshield:

New upper trim = Done

As always thanks for looking & all comments are welcomed.

Yann.
The following 3 users liked this post by YannG:
mavisky (09-13-20), Romanova (09-13-20), styloren (09-14-20)
Old 09-13-20, 05:20 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 736 Likes on 520 Posts

What brand of glass did they use?
Old 09-16-20, 12:09 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Romanova
What brand of glass did they use?
They went with what was on there previously aka: Pilkington glass!
Old 09-24-20, 09:02 AM
steve1052
Driver School Candidate

Default New user

Hello

Steve here, new to this site, looking to see if anyone can help me with a 2005 Lexus LS430, with under 80,000 miles. Issue is, driving down the hwy and all of a sudden the car feels like someone is holding the car back, also starts violating shacking. Some times last for 60 to 90 seconds and other times for minutes. Has anyone had a similar experience, if so how was it fixed? Thank you, Steve
Old 09-24-20, 11:28 AM
WILLYumD
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by steve1052
Hello

Steve here, new to this site, looking to see if anyone can help me with a 2005 Lexus LS430, with under 80,000 miles. Issue is, driving down the hwy and all of a sudden the car feels like someone is holding the car back, also starts violating shacking. Some times last for 60 to 90 seconds and other times for minutes. Has anyone had a similar experience, if so how was it fixed? Thank you, Steve
Hey Steve, I'd recommend directing your question to the main forum as a new post. You've currently posted on YannG's personal build thread. Sounds like you need some codes scanned, could be bad ignition or clogged cats, get a professional look before you start throwing money at it.

Back on topic, YannG, what air line size did you use? Curious on your opinions of the set-up with dual compressors as well--does it air up/out quickly/smoothly enough for you?
Old 09-29-20, 08:09 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Back on topic, YannG, what air line size did you use? Curious on your opinions of the set-up with dual compressors as well--does it air up/out quickly/smoothly enough for you?[/QUOTE]

hello, WILLYumd, I initially had 3/8 ordered but changed my mind after seeing how fast that makes the car raise up / lower. I wanted a smoother, slower rate of descent so went with 1/4” lines in the end. Don’t regret it at all and love how she air’s out / air’s up. I’ll have to get a video one day!
(ps: 1/4 air lines are MUCH easier to work with)

Thanks,
Yann.
The following users liked this post:
WILLYumD (10-02-20)
Old 09-30-20, 12:15 PM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by YannG
Back on topic, YannG, what air line size did you use? Curious on your opinions of the set-up with dual compressors as well--does it air up/out quickly/smoothly enough for you?
hello, WILLYumd, I initially had 3/8 ordered but changed my mind after seeing how fast that makes the car raise up / lower. I wanted a smoother, slower rate of descent so went with 1/4” lines in the end. Don’t regret it at all and love how she air’s out / air’s up. I’ll have to get a video one day!
(ps: 1/4 air lines are MUCH easier to work with)

Thanks,
Yann.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't even thought about considering a smaller line size to slow down the rate of drop and rise, but I agree that a big body car like this should move slowly and deliberately and shouldn't be twitchy and bouncy. I'll have to log this little tidbit of information for the future.
Old 10-07-20, 06:20 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - New Tires

Hello fellow CL members,

Quick update - Had to get 2 new rear tires for the LS and what a mission that proved to be !

Long story short the tire place I went to broke my valve stem whilst trying to fit my tire:

Luckily I had a spare wheel under my air lift trunk setup so had to fit that wheel until they purchased a new valve stem !

The following day I arrived to find out the valve stem they had ordered was the wrong size and had no chance of fitting on the wheel. They wanted to drill a bigger hole in the work lip to which I said NO that was not going to happen. Out of ideas I decided to call around and luckily Bucky at SuperStar Customs had one spare.
I fitted the valve and returned to the tire shop to get my tires finally fitted after a lot of back and forth.

New tire fitted:

All back to normal

Thanks,
Yann.
The following 2 users liked this post by YannG:
mavisky (10-07-20), Romanova (10-07-20)
Old 10-19-20, 10:08 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - Maintenance

Hello all,

Quick update - Decided to go ahead and do some maintenance work on the LS now that its reached 200k!

Transmission drain/fill:

Oil + oil filter change with Penzoil 5W30 Gold standard:

Replaced both of my SMC valves as I think they were getting stuck open:

Complete brake fluid flush / change:

2 new front tires + 4 wheel alignment:

Quick wash with my new foam cannon + Chemical guys mrpink:

Thanks!

Yann.
The following 4 users liked this post by YannG:
Getlowe415 (01-08-22), Peteryun (12-01-21), Romanova (10-19-20), styloren (10-20-20)

Quick Reply: YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread