Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC owner vehicles

Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-19, 05:26 AM
Kaidan117
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pittsy
Alright! Cats are in. Reduced a ton of rasp, but still might do something for a little less rasp in the future.

Onto the fun stuff. I started working on custom sub boxes, and air setup for my trunk. I had the Terminator subs from amazon and a boss amp. Time to get away from that stuff. I was looking for some speakers that were a lot more high quality, so I settled on some 4ohm 8" dual voice coil kicker subs. Got two of them. To go with them I started making some sub boxes. I followed what @specONE did a little bit. Used cardboard to get the shape, then cut out of wood. The one thing I cant get it the fiberglass. I tried and it was too difficult. Any ideas? I'm still thinking.

Need some way to make the backing of the enclosure. I made the bottom piece and face piece out of wood. Also the thing that covers the spare and tools I made out of wood too, didnt snag a pic though.

Car gets its wheels repaired today also! Lots of things happening!

just wanted to share how my trunk set up is since you are doing corner subs. I got 2 10s
Old 05-16-19, 11:24 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 808 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaidan117

just wanted to share how my trunk set up is since you are doing corner subs. I got 2 10s
That setup looks awesome! Did you make those subboxes yourself?
Old 05-16-19, 09:13 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

That setup looks awesome! Did you make those subboxes yourself?
Thank you. No i got it custom made at our local car audio shop. I did the floor and rearrange the air tank set up. I have couple things i am adding this weekend to it.
Old 05-17-19, 07:54 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Thank you. No i got it custom made at our local car audio shop. I did the floor and rearrange the air tank set up. I have couple things i am adding this weekend to it.
How much did they charge you for those sub boxes if you dont mind me asking?
Old 05-17-19, 06:17 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

How much did they charge you for those sub boxes if you dont mind me asking?
$500 per pod with 10” JBL subs
Old 05-20-19, 07:30 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Just added a tank and compressor cover and change the airlift face to red. Some few more add ons. Just sharing to give you some ideas.
The following users liked this post:
Pittsy (05-21-19)
Old 05-21-19, 08:46 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Just added a tank and compressor cover and change the airlift face to red. Some few more add ons. Just sharing to give you some ideas.
Wow. That looks extremely good. Unfortuneately with how things played out, I ended up getting a ported box for my subs instead of the pods. I couldnt find a shop to make them for anything even close to reasonably priced.
Old 05-21-19, 08:49 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Little update:
I LOVE the PPE headers. They're amazing and really complete about the last performance upgrade I can do to my motor with the exception of forced induction. However, I think with my current exhaust setup, I'm sacrificing a few HP in the lack of backpressure. Not only this, but The vibrations and rasp is still a little much for me, even with the magnaflow cats. I've decided to go with an ARK GRiP catback, which will pair nicely with my PPE Headers. Hopefully that will be the last rendition of the exhaust on my car. I have my current exhaust, which sounds amazing on stock headers listed in the classifieds if anyone's interested.
Old 05-21-19, 03:38 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Wow. That looks extremely good. Unfortuneately with how things played out, I ended up getting a ported box for my subs instead of the pods. I couldnt find a shop to make them for anything even close to reasonably priced.
Just make it on your own. Youtube has a lot of diy videos on how to. If i only had time and had experienced with fiber glass and resin i would have done it myself.
Old 05-21-19, 03:43 PM
Kaidan117
Driver

Little update:
I LOVE the PPE headers. They're amazing and really complete about the last performance upgrade I can do to my motor with the exception of forced induction. However, I think with my current exhaust setup, I'm sacrificing a few HP in the lack of backpressure. Not only this, but The vibrations and rasp is still a little much for me, even with the magnaflow cats. I've decided to go with an ARK GRiP catback, which will pair nicely with my PPE Headers. Hopefully that will be the last rendition of the exhaust on my car. I have my current exhaust, which sounds amazing on stock headers listed in the classifieds if anyone's interested.
I love the ARK catback exhaust. I have one on and sounds amazing with stock headers in Fsport mode. I had to take the metal in the center bottom of the car thats protecting the exhaust where the rattling is coming from. I love the popping sounds on downshift.
Old 06-07-19, 08:42 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Cool update! Got the ARK and it sounds amazing with the headers. Exactly what I wanted. Also got an aero kit! Heres some pics! It really changes the look of the RC!
Old 06-26-19, 06:59 AM
Pittsy
Racer

If anyone recalls, I had my DRL’s done by @Gerxiong89 , full RGB and sequential turn signals and the whole 9 yards. I want to announce my partial sponsorship with Gerlicious Performance for the tail light build of for my car! Ger is going to be doing a full build of tail lights on the car. I couldn’t be more excited. I’ll update when I get back in town and install them.
Old 06-26-19, 07:25 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Can't wait to see them. I would love to do something to mine. I am also interested in doing a headlight build, maybe he can work some magic there.
Old 07-16-19, 05:57 AM
awoolwine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you like the RR racing tune? I was thinking of doing that to mine. Did it make a huge difference? What do you think the HP increase was?
Old 08-08-19, 02:45 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by awoolwine
How do you like the RR racing tune? I was thinking of doing that to mine. Did it make a huge difference? What do you think the HP increase was?

RR Tune is amazing. I have 0 complaints. It makes a huge difference especially when paired with PPE Headers. Its about a 40~ WHP increase. Sure, there might be another tune out there, but RR's tune is known for retaining the Lexus Reliability. They have thousands of hard track proven miles on their tunes with no problems.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (10-22-20)

Quick Reply: Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build