Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC owner vehicles

Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-19, 10:28 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Build looks great man.

I have the same plans to retrofit my headlights....just need to find a decently priced set of headlights so I can keep a stock set. The coilovers really fixed the ride height too.
Old 09-27-19, 10:36 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 808 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Build looks great man.

I have the same plans to retrofit my headlights....just need to find a decently priced set of headlights so I can keep a stock set. The coilovers really fixed the ride height too.
Headlights are expensive! I already have his DRL's so I was able to drive without headlights during the day, night was still a no go.
Old 11-11-19, 07:56 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Well quick update: UPS destroyed that headlight more than I thought. The halos are broken loose. Time to take the bumper back off and have it repaired. Oh well.

I miss having my black exhaust tips, as no chrome exists on the car anymore besides the exhaust tips and the mirror turn signal indicator piece. I'm going to have the axelback muffler portion of the exhaust Cerakoted black, a coating often used on firearms. It can handle the high temps of the EG's.

In other big news, I'm going to be purchasing the RRRacing BBK here in the next few weeks, all in prep for the SC eventually. My reasoning is that the rotors on the car currently are starting to show grooves, and pads are getting worn down. At lexus, new rotors and pads and service is well over the price of a BBK so i figured might as well.

I installed a front view dash cam, hardwired to mirror with the Radar detector as well.

That is all for now, I'll update when I have more parts!
Old 11-18-19, 11:40 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Love your steering wheel!
Old 12-10-19, 11:52 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Originally Posted by tnilc
Love your steering wheel!
Thanks! It's definitely a top 3 mod on my car.
Old 12-10-19, 12:00 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Fedex screws up once again... Yet to have a single good experience with them. UPS Delivered my front rotors like a week ago though. Rest of BBK is with Fedex, and they clearly don't know what they're doing. Anyways... Here are some pics of the front rotors from RR. They're huge!

Also got to attend the 2nd Annual Leuxs F Meet this year! Last year I was out of town and couldn't attend, but this year, everyone got to go to Apex Motorclub in Maricopa, Arizona! Got to meet lots of people from here and from instagram, and even met Marty Motoring! Everyone who wanted to was allowed to track their car, so you can bet I did! I was able to keep up with the F's pretty well, only place I was lacking was the straights. RSR Coilovers on stiffest setting provided me an awesome track experience. Car handled like it was on rails. 10/10 recommend. Here is the dashcam video of me doing 6 laps on the track:
Old 12-12-19, 06:46 AM
Pittsy
Racer

RR-Racing BBK Installed front and rear. Install was an absolute breeze! If anyone has questions feel free to PM me. Got them put on in just a few hours and bedded in soon after. They're performing awesome so far! Cant wait to get some track time on them!
The following users liked this post:
jonmonkey (12-17-19)
Old 12-13-19, 09:58 AM
Pittsy
Racer

RR BBK is TOO powerful for my car. No complaints on braking power, its absolutely awesome. Current issue is under heavy braking, max braking power without activating ABS, the oil in my oil pan sloshes forward and lets the oil pickup go dry and results in a engine oil pressure low alert in the dash for not even half a second. Problem immediately fixes itself. Thinking about switching to 5w-30 oil or a baffled oil pan. Also noticing some LCA bushing deflection under heavy braking so I picked up the RR USRS. Hopefully it comes off backorder soon. This car is going to become a track machine!

Last edited by Pittsy; 12-17-19 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-17-19, 07:07 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Just picked up some OEM F-Sport Door Trim and Glove Box pieces. The machined aluminum look. Replaced the tacky CF Overlays. Looks and feels awesome.
Old 12-31-19, 11:15 AM
Pittsy
Racer

USRS came in yesterday. I'm out of town, car is currently on the battery tender, covered, and torn apart, all my lights are out of it, send off to be repaired from the damage caused by UPS. Grille is out of the bumper, trim is getting repainted after being chipped from the track.

As soon as I get home that USRS is going in! Going to handle like it's on rails!
The following users liked this post:
jonmonkey (12-31-19)
Old 01-05-20, 11:27 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Can you post a video of your taillights doing basic turn signals?

Thinking about doing the sequential lights. Luckily the guy is in the next city over lol
Old 01-06-20, 07:10 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Can you post a video of your taillights doing basic turn signals?

Thinking about doing the sequential lights. Luckily the guy is in the next city over lol

You can see the hazards turned on in this. Hazards are same as turn signals.
Old 01-06-20, 09:33 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pittsy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dc4xfQRz6Y

You can see the hazards turned on in this. Hazards are same as turn signals.
Are you able to make the turn signals go slower or are they at a set speed?
Old 01-07-20, 06:42 AM
Pittsy
Racer

Are you able to make the turn signals go slower or are they at a set speed?
You can make them however you want. You can change speed, block size, color, anything really.
Old 01-07-20, 12:21 PM
Pittsy
Racer

If anyone reading this is interested in my wheels... PM me. Im looking into getting a set of 18x10 squared Apex Wheels. only 20lbs per wheel vs like 34lbs my current wheels are. that means i would be getting a 560lb weight reduction in the car. Thats not including the rubber on it either, so it will be more north of 600lbs of weight reduction. Also square setup = less understeer and more controllability.

Quick Reply: Pittsy's 2015 RC350 Build