Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

3is_r0nin build

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-19, 09:02 PM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 3is_r0nin build

Welcome to my never ending build! where to begin....from the very start. I totalled my 2012 Infiniti M37x the winter of 2016 flash forward to the summer of 2017 after 6 months I found a car in SC. I live in MN by the way. I buy a one way ticket to fly out and buy the car at the same time visit a buddy of mine that lived mins away from the dealership. I find out the day before flying out they had sold the car >:[ I end up flying out there because I found another car at a dealership still close by. I find out when im there at the car isnt even their inventory that its at there other sister dealership 3 hours away. I said screw it Ill just fly home, but my friend said to search one more time before I buy my ticket......and there it was a 2014 lexus IS350 F Sport obsidian black exterior rioja red interior and fully loaded. To make it all better it looked to be in 10 times better condition, newly installed tires and brake, $3000 cheaper, and 10,000+ miles less than the dealership! Thing was It was located in Texas, but I went for it! I flew there and got my car! I originally wanted black interior, but fell in love with the rioja red on my 17 hour drive back in MN.
[img]https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/597x599/thuc_trinh_thuc_that_instagram_photos_and_videos_1a01582eba1a688d702ad87cc1054cd730a4fc7c.png

Filling her up for the long journey back home to MN

before I even purchased my car I had already purchased D2 struts w/ bag and Seibon CF lip,side skirts, diffuser, AEM CAI, Invidia A300 axleback exhaust, Brakenetic slotted rotors, control arms because I was dead set on getting a 3IS

After less than 1 month of owner the car It ended up looking like this

That was the end of 2017...now its times for 2018
I purchased new wheels 20" Avant Garde F242, I hydrodipped my engine bay with a kabuki mask design to go with the "r0nin" theme and finally did my trunk with a simple design because im planning to redo it later on. I swapped out the steering wheel with a custom CF one from dctm, added a CF seibon trunk and made my exhuast louder with a invidia q300 midpipe added to my already axleback

How she looks at the end of 2018.....now comes 2019 and that is widebody. I am molding on an ARK Solus widebody on to my car. I sold my AG's and got new AG's in 19's not saying which ones yet :] Im going to upgrade my calipers to ISF calipers. I purchased alot of SAGA CF pieces for my interior and am going with BRAUM Racing seats that I got a partial sponsorship from. I will be redoing my trunk in a CF material, laying fabric design over my headliner, adding an audio system in the trunk, and hopefully get seibon to sponsor me a CF hood.

Last edited by trinhtd; 03-06-19 at 06:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Alonzo3000 (02-17-20)
Old 03-06-19, 03:21 PM
KYLexusMkr
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks really nice! 👍🏼👍🏼 I enjoy looking at the builds everybody does on here and just dream of one day having the cash flow to pull some of these off. Look forward to the widebody update!
Old 03-06-19, 08:29 PM
truu
Pit Crew

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Very tasteful and Beautiful build! Noticed that you have Braknetic rotors, would you recommend them? I'm look to replace my rotors and pads sometime soon and those look pretty nice.
Old 03-06-19, 08:36 PM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by truu
Very tasteful and Beautiful build! Noticed that you have Braknetic rotors, would you recommend them? I'm look to replace my rotors and pads sometime soon and those look pretty nice.
there not bad create alot of brake dust maybe its cause of my pads. I dont daily my car so i havent put too many miles on the rotors themselves i mainly got them for the looks haha ill sell you mines for a good price since i need to swap them out to fit my new calipers they probably have like 3k miles on them
Old 03-06-19, 09:15 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

Nice ride .. and I love the extra parts photos!
Old 03-07-19, 09:26 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

Love it!!

Very nice..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-07-19, 08:57 PM
Alvhemist
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, that Seibon CF Lip is beautiful, but I cant run it where i live. Too many uneven roads and potholes. Will be the death of me.
Old 03-08-19, 01:04 PM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by KYLexusMkr
Looks really nice! 👍🏼👍🏼 I enjoy looking at the builds everybody does on here and just dream of one day having the cash flow to pull some of these off. Look forward to the widebody update!
Thanks man. the fact you own a Lexus should be more than even! there are people who own old cars that wish they were in your car. just save a little here and there and get that one part you really want for your car.
Old 03-08-19, 01:04 PM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Alvhemist
Damn, that Seibon CF Lip is beautiful, but I cant run it where i live. Too many uneven roads and potholes. Will be the death of me.
thats how it is right now for me in Minnesota and im afraid of driving it when spring comes due to all the potholes from the snow plows
Old 03-30-19, 09:40 PM
MN3iSENDit
Driver School Candidate

Very nice man! I'm in MN too and have a similar story. I found one in Colorado and flew out there and drove it back end of January. I think I've seen you posting on MNCEC and MNJDM a few times. Very clean ride!!!
Old 03-30-19, 10:22 PM
trinhtd
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MN3iSENDit
Very nice man! I'm in MN too and have a similar story. I found one in Colorado and flew out there and drove it back end of January. I think I've seen you posting on MNCEC and MNJDM a few times. Very clean ride!!!
Thats cool planning on going to any shows this year? You in the market for parts? Ill be selling my seibon lip and sideskirts
Old 03-31-19, 08:39 PM
MN3iSENDit
Driver School Candidate

Yes! Can you DM me pics? The next soonest one I know I'll be at is C&C. Unless MNIllest, MNNI, MNCEC or Xcess Blvd have one coming up that I haven't heard of. Are you going to the next C&C?
Old 04-22-19, 10:33 AM
AVIAT0R
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice build r0nin! Does the carbon fiber steering wheel retain the heated functionality?
Old 04-22-19, 11:29 AM
BlazeL
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey AVIAT0R,
I don't think it does. I've asked on the Vendor Products page about the steering wheels and the heated function and I believe they said they don't have one that will accommodate it.
Old 04-22-19, 12:07 PM
AVIAT0R
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazeL
Hey AVIAT0R,
I don't think it does. I've asked on the Vendor Products page about the steering wheels and the heated function and I believe they said they don't have one that will accommodate it.
Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: 3is_r0nin build