Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1999 SC400 Renaissance Red

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-19, 08:01 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
People learn a lot more seeing the progression of one's build. That doesn't happen on FB where a lot of members here have gone or switched to FB.

No offense meant to anyone , but there are just too many a?sholes on the SC groups on FB . It is a cesspool . Many times, anything goes which makes them a very toxic environment. The loud mouths who most often don't really have nothing to show about their cars are the noisiest , criticizing people's car as though they know it all . But look at what they have , NOTHING really one can be proud of.
i 100% agree with you on this.. the FB group me and Kyle are in the sc300/400 mods is full of those type of people you are explaining.

i was even commented on a post about how i post too much about my car in a car group..

other than that my personal fb has both of my builds on it and instagram also..
Old 09-08-19, 10:10 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Finally found some time to do my speaker install.. nothing crazy just a plug and play 4 inch infiniti speakers.

pretty self explanatory.. removing the door panels..

the cones all torn from the oem Nakamichi speakers

you dont need to do this.. but i had the extra set from my other SC.. so no need to purchase another plastic piece.. these speakers bolts on perfectly no need to redrill or anything..i didnt go with a crazy upgrade just wanted OEM replacements

comparison pictures of the two

after that just put the fronts back all together.. its very simple

on to the rear.. to remove this piece i took my time and be very careful not to break anything..
you start off by taking the third brake light out and the subwoofer cover that its connected to..
start by popping it up.. it has two clips holding it down and it should slide off.. make sure you unplug the 3rd brake light in the process

next removing the two plastic clip that holds on this brittle rear deck cover

this part right here i know because i've done it before.. just make sure your edges clear the pillars in the corner.. and this deck u pull towards the front of the car and it should come out perfectly.. just be gentle and dont yank it..

these are the slide in clips here that holds onto the metal frame

pretty simple now.. 4 bolts holds it on and unplug it.. when u take off the four bolts it should be able to pop right off.. mines never been taken off before so it was stubborn.. i just bumped it from the underside and it came out.. do not try and pry it out u might break the plastic housing if u do.

comparison photos of the two speakers

after u get done just reinstall everything.. my after shot... i didnt replace the sub because it wasnt broken.. im still doing research on what to replace it with..as for now everything works good.. my highs and mid may be a bit overwhelming cause of the two way speaker i choose but it sounds good overall
Old 09-09-19, 10:57 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
People learn a lot more seeing the progression of one's build. That doesn't happen on FB where a lot of members here have gone or switched to FB.

No offense meant to anyone , but there are just too many a?sholes on the SC groups on FB . It is a cesspool . Many times, anything goes which makes them a very toxic environment. The loud mouths who most often don't really have nothing to show about their cars are the noisiest , criticizing people's car as though they know it all . But look at what they have , NOTHING really one can be proud of.
I totally agree gerrb, everyone on this forum has been very helpful and nice. No judging here on a CL. the FB groups are chaos.
Old 09-09-19, 02:29 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by silentkill
I totally agree gerrb, everyone on this forum has been very helpful and nice. No judging here on a CL. the FB groups are chaos.
i sometime like to stir up the chaos on the FB group LOL!
Old 09-16-19, 10:09 AM
Anion
Pole Position

a little more update!!.. got the carbon fiber trunk on... fitment is on point!!.. im not sure what brand it is.. i have to look it up..got the car to my detailer .. car is extra shiny!!..

i did a photoshoot with some friends so more pictures to come!.. for now some iphone quality to make it by

so on this one.. on the bottom of the tape is the before.. the after is actually on TOP.. as for the tape section just ignore it..

the 90's model paint how can i explain this.. paint on these sc's are very thin... so paint correction was sorta tough because i didnt wanna take all the clear coat off.. but yea..

ignore the ghetto bracket... LOL!! temporary for now
The following users liked this post:
silentkill (09-16-19)
Old 09-16-19, 08:39 PM
Anion
Pole Position

enjoy! this is how the car currently is...still in pieces here and there.. but after a year and half of ownership im on a very quick and good route

Old 09-17-19, 06:36 AM
silentkill
Advanced

Received 225 Likes on 148 Posts

tan interior 4 life!
looks good buddy
Old 10-10-19, 03:08 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by silentkill
tan interior 4 life!
looks good buddy
thanks man!!..yours too! slowly coming together but surely
Old 10-10-19, 03:12 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Bought a silicone plate bracket.. i had bunch of double side tape on the backside of it so it wont scrape my bumper..

ended up buying this silicone sleeve for like 20 dollars...

Old 10-11-19, 08:52 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

Such an awesome cruiser. I love this thing!
Old 10-31-19, 08:40 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Such an awesome cruiser. I love this thing!
thank you!! definitely my weekend / church cruiser.. and going out of town car.. smooth as oem with the bag setup i have..
Old 10-31-19, 08:42 AM
Anion
Pole Position

holidays creeping up... been busy with my GTE car also... going big single and motor swap been neglecting my red sc400..

slowly but surely its the little things in this car needs to be fixed...

got some buckle covers for like 10 bucks at the junkyard... definitely a great find to replace my broken ones...

Old 01-11-20, 07:31 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Holidays are over!! been busy with life .. work etc..

finally got some time to install my radio... this radio honestly i was iffy about it.. my old setup was nice and sleek.. but i felt like it was outdated..

this new radio is android ios 9.1 base.. basically a tablet.. i can tether my internet.. watch movies basically do everything on it.. for navigation i can use my google maps i just download the app on the radio.. or waze..

its a 10 inch screen like i said at first i was iffy.. but it slowly grew on to me.

Old 01-11-20, 07:34 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Forgot to mention the screen is detachable and you can adjust it anyway you want.. the neck is flexible.. thats how i got it to fit under the ac unit ...

no need for the volume *** and that butterfly cup holder.. they are useless anyways right?... my ac ***.. i can still twist it just gotta reach over .. it isnt bad..

Old 01-11-20, 07:47 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Washed the car a bit too.. been my daily throughout the holidays.. im currently building the other car thats where my main focus is at..

just a peak of what i've been working on ... single turbo.. motor swapping the other sc..