Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1999 SC400 Renaissance Red

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-19, 10:14 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 1999 SC400 Renaissance Red

1999 SC400 Renaissance Red i bought it in March of 2018 with 140k miles on it. A short description of my car and how i got it. Car was garage kept i'm officially the third owner of the car as for the first owner it was an older couple garage kept when his wife passed the car sat for two years in the garage never driven. eventually the husband traded it in.

My brother in law's friend saved the car and ended up purchasing it. He did a few mod to the car but barely drove it. it was also garage kept in his ownership as the 2nd owner. He was going through a divorce and needed to liquidate some assets as his mother from another country is also coming into the states also. I just so happen to find out about it and purchased this SC before it went to somewhere else.

this is how the car look when i was picking it up.

i drove 6 hrs there and then 6 hrs back.. 12 hr trip to complete this purchase..

first thing i did was wash the car and vacuum it. the car is ultra clean.. im very bless to have a SC like this honestly.. to find something so mint and original

Old 04-07-19, 10:18 AM
Anion
Pole Position

as a typical car owner i was cleaning the car and noticed something in the rear trunk under the 6 disc changer was glowing blue. one thing i noticed was the system with the aftermarket alpine double din sounded quite nice. definitely above and beyond stock speakers. so i did a bit of digging. i saw power wires from the battery my guess was an amp?. but i saw no sub etc. but i did find the amp's location.. very clean install i couldnt even tell it was there!.. an alpine 4 channel amp

Maintenance.. is the key to keeping these old car running good and forever lasting. i was blessed every paper work / carfax lines up. everything was gone from belts to everything u can imagine was up to date. only thing i had to do to it when i purchased it was grease up the hardware. the brakes were squealing a bit upon moderate braking . Greased up the pins.. and Anti seize on all the hardware.

Old 04-07-19, 10:22 AM
Anion
Pole Position

My first official MOD! i got some custom mirror finish RGB door sills made for the car with motion detection sensors. I could have any logo i wanted but i ended up choosing something basic "SC400"

my 2nd mod was autopreme floor mats.. fitment is terrible.. extra fabric in certain spots and short on the rear mats they dont even fit right. I emailed them for a refund. Their solution was for me to keep those they would send me another. I Agreed to it.. Here i am a year later nothing. Emails Phone calls everything ignored. I just didnt care anymore and left it.

Old 04-07-19, 10:25 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Lights were dimmed so my next mod were full LED in all the dome light and the license plate's lights.. these are very BRIGHT.. LED PANELS

went on a little LED spree! sorta just started doing LED everything i could sorta on what i had leftovers

Old 04-07-19, 10:34 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Next up i ended up coming across a deal i could not resist.. accuair E level.. for 1800. with two compressors.. modified MANIFOLD hardwire with LIGHT UP RGB!! (not fully installed yet been busy)
as mentioned i ended up installing it. its very messy its not complete but i have it to where i can manually use everything. Height sensors not installed yet and the trunk needs to be dressed up and rewired

as for now it will manage until i get everything done

Old 04-07-19, 10:38 AM
Anion
Pole Position

i know the pictures doesnt show it i havnt finished yet but im still in the process of doing it all.. but i have the rubber grommets on all the holes so my line doesnt get spliced.

i ended up purchasing Air Tekk Air struts for 1400.. i always hear mixed reviews on these air struts.. my personal experience they ride good. feels like im on coilovers.. just nothing stiff and crazy.

Old 04-07-19, 10:40 AM
Anion
Pole Position

in the process of all this i ended buying a set of wheels for a price i couldnt resist... some Rohana's.. they were 19x8.5 19x9.5 very high offset.. definitely made the car pop.

Old 04-07-19, 10:42 AM
Anion
Pole Position

2 months or so later i got bored of the wheels and went back to stock wheels. just wasnt feeling the offset and look of the wheels anymore.

Old 04-07-19, 10:46 AM
Anion
Pole Position

My best friend had called me up one day and told me was selling his GREDDY EVO exhaust. These are very rare. i ended up grabbing the whole exhaust system wasnt made for the SC but i wanted the mufflers so i ended up purchasing it. Here was where it gets tricky. i wanted more sound but didnt want drone or anything insane!.. i just wanted some bite from the sound without overkilling it.

at first when i picked these up im like wow!... this is never gonna fit.. its huge!!

definitely looks nice!! but my car looks soo RICED lol
Old 04-07-19, 10:52 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Ordered my KBD aero kit. Everything came in a box folded.. i was amazed!.. at the same time i was following a Local guy on IG for years asking him to sell me his work SCHWERTS SC4.. and finally he decided to sell it.. bought the kit and wheels all at once..the wheels needs some love but definitely one of my all time favorite wheels

Old 04-07-19, 11:00 AM
Anion
Pole Position

KBD came in no holes pre drilled or anything.. it was a tedious experience but i stuck through it all.. DRILLED ALL THE HOLES and installed the OEM mounting brackets over to the new bumpers.. i can assure you.. this is not an easy task.. lol.. fitment is great i have no complaint.. everythign fits good!!

Old 04-07-19, 11:01 AM
Anion
Pole Position

i probably easily drilled like 50 holes in the front bumper alone..

Old 04-07-19, 11:04 AM
Anion
Pole Position

Ended up refinishing the fogs while i had the bumpers off and sent to paint..

Old 04-07-19, 11:08 AM
Anion
Pole Position

While everything was curing and in the process i started with my fender work up front to fit my wheels..i ended up only shaving HALF of the front fenders...19x9 +15 front 225/35/19

there are days in this process i drove my car with no rear bumper and front bumper.. lol but it all unfolds at the end..

Old 04-07-19, 11:10 AM
Anion
Pole Position

got the front completely on.. side skirts on.. and front fenders done.. only thing left were the REAR fender work

the sc looked raked .. but it was in the works so i really didnt care much.. i even drove my car to work through the rain for once!! it normally sits in the garage never seeing harsh weather..

Quick Reply: 1999 SC400 Renaissance Red