Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

CelsiorN1-Anti-VIP build

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-20, 09:00 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

When I supercharged my 96 I put the battery in a box in the rear passenger side of the trunk. If you do the same it would be an ideal weight shift from the front left to the right rear. The box itself was from Walmart for a boat or something and the wires were stranded welding wire. Cheap and effective.

The following users liked this post:
CelsiorN1 (08-04-20)
Old 08-04-20, 09:53 PM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Madcribby
Where did you find these at i want to eventually change mine out.
two gentlemen on the FB group make them, one is AJ Rivera and the other is Juan Gutierrez, Juan is just now making a batch if you wanna go contact him
Old 08-04-20, 09:54 PM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Originally Posted by sdls
When I supercharged my 96 I put the battery in a box in the rear passenger side of the trunk. If you do the same it would be an ideal weight shift from the front left to the right rear. The box itself was from Walmart for a boat or something and the wires were stranded welding wire. Cheap and effective.
funny you mention that, thats actually what I intend to do soon since Ive been wanting to correct the weight distribution too.
The following users liked this post:
sdls (08-05-20)
Old 08-04-20, 10:16 PM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Havent posted in some time, been busy getting things sorted out on the car for her first track day.

Streets Of Willow CCW.

finally went and it was absolute hell lmao. 102° that day but the car didnt hiccup one bit. Within 3 laps I only saw 206° of coolant temp, so couldve gone longer before pitting. I didnt hit record on the HotLap app by accident so my only recorded lap ( literally..I took 9 laps and only one recorded) time was 1:47, with
a possible 1:42-1:44. Mind you, I was braking very early (to avoid possible brake fade on a stupidly hot day, as half the others were either dealing with severe brake fade or Coolant overheating), using this session to monitor vitals on its maiden voyage. Also, power steering was deleted too few years ago. Il be going back though when its cooler now that I have better tires for track days (I used my street SS595s which are mediocre at best).

The car has HUGE potential though, tires didnt squeal, rendering myself never reaching peak grip. Just kept it conservative on the first day (except for winding it all the way out to 6200rpm heheh) , especially on a hot day.
Next track in mind is Adams Motorsports Park, a very tight technical course.
If a 105dB limit track day pops up at Laguna Seca, Im hitting that track also this year.

Last edited by CelsiorN1; 08-04-20 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-04-20, 10:48 PM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Almost forgot one thing: rear bumper is cut now to relieve bumper low pressure air buildup at high speed, smoothing airflow to the low pressure upper air.
Old 08-04-20, 11:02 PM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Recently, AC was deleted also. Saved me 31lbs, and took off that weight off the nose. Rarely used it so Im used to it even in the heat.

Allowed the Radiator to be the first to get colder outer ambient air, still gonna put a mesh in front of the bottom grille though to block from debris.

AC controls removed.

Trans cooler relocated to the bottom grille, which will get mesh in front of it to protect it from debris, as mentioned above.
Old 08-05-20, 06:46 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by CelsiorN1
Havent posted in some time, been busy getting things sorted out on the car for her first track day.

Streets Of Willow CCW.

This is one of the finest LS400 pictures I have ever seen. It’s perfect in every way.
Old 08-06-20, 02:56 PM
Austinj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad ***.

It's hard to tell, but I think you may have a little too much tire compared to the wheel. The rule of thumb is .5" less tread width than wheel.
Old 08-08-20, 02:37 AM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Originally Posted by Austinj
Bad ***.

It's hard to tell, but I think you may have a little too much tire compared to the wheel. The rule of thumb is .5" less tread width than wheel.
Thanks👍 Tire size is fine though. Ran this way for 2 years, tire size relative to wheel isn't any real rule of thumb unless its dangerously proportioned. I ran 265s on a 7" wide 16 inch wheel for 2 years before my current 275s on 9"/9.5" wheels and never had handling or tire issues, even ran two 2 hour hard canyon drives in one day and enough spirited driving to wear them down before they got replaced by my 17s. Theyre fine.
Old 08-08-20, 02:39 AM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Originally Posted by sdls
This is one of the finest LS400 pictures I have ever seen. It’s perfect in every way.
Heheh. Next time il have more shots, kinda went unprepared because of the excitement of the first track day😅
Old 08-08-20, 02:54 AM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
seen the track yet? curious to see how she would handle, and your impressions.

side exit exhausts especially in front of the tire may affect tire temps, but likely won't make too much of a difference on track...or will it?!
when i checked tire pressure at the track it was the same tire pressure as the others so it didnt seem to affect it at all to be honest, I ended up dropping psi by 3 less at the rear than the front anyway to encourage stability under cornering. First impressions at the track are pretty fantastic. It felt great, very balanced, no surprising behavior, very predictable, no oversteer or understeer, basically a happy medium. She felt very agile, only weighty feeling was because of the ps delete but even then it wasnt too straining. It felt alot like the Lexus LC500 I autocrossed at a Lexus Experience event. Very agile for its size. 🙂 Im debating going with a smaller diameter wheel though to tighten the steering ratio for quicker turn in since this NASCAR wheel is rather large (14.75" diameter(!)) Even though its easily my favorite steering wheel. My Momo wheel was smaller and gave the car fantastic agility since it didn't take so much steering input to change direction.
Old 09-30-20, 10:30 AM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Fairly new update, the new-ish set of track tires, NITTO NT-01s. 275-40-17, I was able to pull 1.16g with these during testing. Fantastic tire.
Old 09-30-20, 10:35 AM
CelsiorN1
Driver

Also, these are the new street set. Theyll be combined with a set of Falken Azenis RT615KS 275-40-17 tires, 200TW.
8lbs lighter than the C4s, BBS RC090 'Style 5s.
Old 11-25-20, 12:09 AM
gemcitylex
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Just read through this entire thread. What an awesome build! Is it mainly driven on track now or do you still daily it?
Old 07-30-22, 02:46 AM
OnlinBirch
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CelsiorN1

Ultra Racing front and rear chassis braces installed to improve rigidity. Hell of a difference too surprisingly.

Know its an old forum but were these the Ultra Racing ones for the UFC10? I can't find them for the UFC20.

Quick Reply: CelsiorN1-Anti-VIP build