Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

RageRacerM's Titan Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-20, 06:34 AM
JGO
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RageRacerM

Wheel swaps, brake jobs, and other maintenance tasks just got a lot easier. Wish I bought this sooner!
I have the Dewalt version of this. Makes working on the car so much easier. Game changer
The following users liked this post:
RageRacerM (03-01-21)
Old 03-01-21, 03:52 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Thanks to Josh at Meraki Autoworks for getting me the Tom's Performer Pads. Super quick delivery.

I might post a review after a few hundred miles, but I can already see how much less dust there is compared to stock!

Also bled my brakes with some Motul 600.

Aaaand I may have sent it a little too hard while bedding them in:

Old 03-01-21, 10:08 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

Thanks, enjoy!!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-23-21, 11:01 AM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Front End Friday
Old 04-26-21, 07:03 PM
Avening
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RageRacerM

Thanks to Josh at Meraki Autoworks for getting me the Tom's Performer Pads. Super quick delivery.

I might post a review after a few hundred miles, but I can already see how much less dust there is compared to stock!

Also bled my brakes with some Motul 600.

Aaaand I may have sent it a little too hard while bedding them in:

How are you finding the Tom’s pads? Have you been able to get them on track yet? I’m looking at them pretty hard but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Have the same tires as you and do a few lapping days each summer on an otherwise daily driven family car.

Also - do Tom’s make them for the rear as well? Haven’t been able to figure that out.

Sweet whip, by the way!
Old 04-26-21, 08:46 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Avening
How are you finding the Tom’s pads? Have you been able to get them on track yet? I’m looking at them pretty hard but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Have the same tires as you and do a few lapping days each summer on an otherwise daily driven family car.

Also - do Tom’s make them for the rear as well? Haven’t been able to figure that out.

Sweet whip, by the way!
Thanks for stopping by. I've had the Tom's pads for a little under 500 miles now and they are great. My biggest concern when switching to new pads is whether the initial bite will be similar to stock, and when cold, these Tom's pads are 90-95% of stock when first driving out. However, after some braking, they are just as good as oem or better. What's also great is how little brake dust these generate. I'd take a picture, but my camera can't even pick it up.

No track yet as I have to take care of some priorities, so can't really comment.

Yes, Tom's makes rear pads which I also have. The picture I have posted has both front and rear part numbers. They apply for the IS350 FSport RWD, so not sure compatibility with other models.

I know these pads are pricey, but I strongly believe it reflects in their quality. I've used Akebono pads in the past and hated them for how little bite they give. Most people won't care, but its something that's very apparent to me. You won't be disappointed with how the Tom's pad performs. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited by RageRacerM; 04-27-21 at 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling
The following 2 users liked this post by RageRacerM:
Avening (04-27-21), Meraki Autoworks (04-26-21)
Old 04-27-21, 06:50 AM
Avening
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Appreciate the reply! I feel there isn't a huge amount of appetite to track these cars, so it's nice to find someone with similar priorities.

I'm in a 2021 IS300 AWD F Sport, so no idea what the differences in our braking setups (and part numbers) would be TBH. I'm very new to the platform and have lived in Honda/VW land my entire driving life. Have been tracking my cars for over 20 years now and as much as I've settled down a bit, any car I buy immediately gets sticky tires, track capable pads, and some RBF600.

Totally hear you on spending the extra cash and getting good quality pads. My previous car was running Endless MX72 which are crazy expensive but they were incredible. Just too aggressive for this car. Looking for an "OEM+" kind of pad that has slightly better friction characteristics but a higher temp threshold and better longevity. Seems the Tom's pads might be perfect and glad to hear they're compliant on the street. Just have to confirm they make them for my car!
Old 04-27-21, 09:44 AM
RageRacerM
Advanced

I was already set on bringing this to Willow Springs, but my work needed me to come in last minute. Sad.

I have a few friends in the racing community so their influence definitely rubbed off on me.

Man, I'm still dreaming about how Endless pads would feel like. Like you said though, pricey.

These Tom's pads are in my opinion OEM+. If I can use Akebono ProACT ceramic pads (pads I will never use - no bite, spongy feel) as a reference point, these are way better in every single way. Completely different league.
Old 05-01-21, 07:58 PM
kaleo211
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks soooooo awesome!! Does the original nuts works for Titan7?
Old 05-01-21, 08:02 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kaleo211
Looks soooooo awesome!! Does the original nuts works for Titan7?
Thank you! If by original, you mean the OEM nuts for the OEM wheels, absolutely not. You should use ones with a 60 degree taper.
Old 05-01-21, 08:21 PM
kaleo211
Pit Crew

That's really good to know! I ordered the same one after seeing your build, so good on the ultra white!
Old 05-01-21, 08:25 PM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kaleo211
That's really good to know! I ordered the same one after seeing your build, so good on the ultra white!
Enjoy them! Question, did you go with their recommended fitment for the IS350? They didn't have that option at the time and went with kind of my own custom setup. I think their rear setup is a difference of +/- 5 offset???
Old 05-01-21, 08:30 PM
kaleo211
Pit Crew

Yep, I went with the recommended one. the front is -10, and the rear is -5 comparing to the OEM. I think these numbers are pretty safe, not aggressive at all. The fenders are pretty wide, leaving a lot of space for aggressive offset, I guess.
RageRacerM (05-01-21)
Old 05-26-21, 09:28 AM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Friend and I hanging out one more time before we both start our new careers. Started at the bottom... now we up here. Blessed and thankful.
Old 06-05-21, 09:30 AM
RageRacerM
Advanced

Soldat79 (07-16-21)

Quick Reply: RageRacerM's Titan Build