Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Deezy's 2014 IS

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-20, 06:34 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Itzyaboijd
No I have not purchased a harness to run an aftermarket amp. That's weird the replacement Android unit does not have RCA outputs on it. I guess I gotta buy a Hi/Low adapter. 🤔 What kind of harness did you buy?
The android headunit is basically a modified Andriod Tablet that replaces your screen that has the andriod OS built into it, it's technically not a stereo. The harness that comes with the unit ties it into your stock stereo headunit.

I popped into car toys when I was doing my aduio system and had them sell me the OEM to aftermarket harness, sorry I do not know the model # or anything to give you as I didn't pay attention and just hooked it up. I did my stereo system long before the Andriod unit, so that part was already done when I got to installing the andriod unit.

Any car audio place will either have what you need in stock or can order it for you, or you could check out a place like crutchfeild.com because I know on their site you can enter what car you have and it will show you what harness and speaker options are direct fit for your car.
Old 02-11-20, 07:15 AM
Itzyaboijd
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked
The android headunit is basically a modified Andriod Tablet that replaces your screen that has the andriod OS built into it, it's technically not a stereo. The harness that comes with the unit ties it into your stock stereo headunit.

I popped into car toys when I was doing my aduio system and had them sell me the OEM to aftermarket harness, sorry I do not know the model # or anything to give you as I didn't pay attention and just hooked it up. I did my stereo system long before the Andriod unit, so that part was already done when I got to installing the andriod unit.

Any car audio place will either have what you need in stock or can order it for you, or you could check out a place like crutchfeild.com because I know on their site you can enter what car you have and it will show you what harness and speaker options are direct fit for your car.
Ahhhhh I see gotchya
Old 02-11-20, 03:25 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Nice car all around. The wheels look great, and if you know me, I'll say that on 2/100 wheel setups. I think the bumper looks good here, but I think at some point you'll want the F Sport bumper. the angular mesh and overall sportiness would match with your wheels vs. the elegant and smooth/curved straight lines of the non f sport grill.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (02-11-20)
Old 02-11-20, 03:29 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by E46CT
Nice car all around. The wheels look great, and if you know me, I'll say that on 2/100 wheel setups. I think the bumper looks good here, but I think at some point you'll want the F Sport bumper. the angular mesh and overall sportiness would match with your wheels vs. the elegant and smooth/curved straight lines of the non f sport grill.
Thanks my good man!
I agree, an F-Sport front end conversation is something I have had on my radar as It would look very nice. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet on committing to the cost and work involved in that conversion, but it is something I certainly want to do at some point.
Old 02-17-20, 03:02 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Updated some stuff in the OP.

Seibon Carbon fiber hood delivered next week, excited for that

Here are a few random cell phone pics after a nice wash, claybar, buff and wax. Shining like a mirror I really need to get my hands on a decent camera at some point.

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-17-20 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-22-20, 11:36 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Snapped a few new pics. It has been very gloomy + cold lately, hasn't been a nice day lately to get some better photos, also I suck at photography But this shows some different angles of the full car, so I figured I'd share.

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-22-20 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-22-20, 12:20 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Nice pics...car is looking shiny
Black wheels are so hard to capture nicely in photos, but you did a good job. I think because it wasn't sunny actually worked in your favor.
whoismiked (02-22-20)
Old 02-22-20, 12:26 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Nice pics...car is looking shiny
Black wheels are so hard to capture nicely in photos, but you did a good job. I think because it wasn't sunny actually worked in your favor.
Thanks Sasnuke!!

Another issue was it was very cold so my hand were shaky , a lot of the pics I took come out blurry because of my shaky hands lol. These were the only ones that turned out decent, I had some cool profile angle shots, close up shots of the front lip, the exhaust, and the front emblem that I swapped from a Lexus GX and painted it gloss black (it has a cool honeycomb background that you can't tell from the pics posted so far), that I wish would have came out right, but they were blurry. I wanna go back out again soon and do better when it warms up, wear some gloves, or put the cam on a tripod. Also, actually find a nice spot/background to take pics instead of a parking lot lol.

I noticed by looking at these pics I posted that my analog clock was a bit off because I recently had to disconnect my battery, I just went out and adjusted it correctly lol, that's when I took a pic of of the apple car play.

Then my Seibon CF hood and MVTuning eyelids deliver next week, I'll wrap both for now, I wanna keep the all black look. Then perhaps get it paint matched if I'm not satisfied with the wrap. When I install those things, then I'll need some new pics

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-22-20 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-26-20, 04:33 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Talking

Got my new hood installed!

Will wrap it to match soon, don’t get me wrong the CF is gorgeous but I wanna keep the all black look

Sorry for the one bad cell phone pic I took real quick, in bad sunlight and super dirty car with bugs all over the front lol. Doesn’t do it justice! Got a few more things to install, then clean it up, then I’ll try and get some better photos

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-26-20 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-28-20, 05:23 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Wrapped the new hood today to match the paint, came pretty damn good, look much better in person than in pics

GR3Y5H3ART (02-28-20)
Old 02-28-20, 08:34 PM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

Wrapped the new hood today to match the paint, came pretty damn good, look much better in person than in pics

love to keep Carbon Fiber parts as is but for your Build...it looks sooo much cleaner being wrapped! awesome looking ride

question, are those Vents open and any problems at Car Wash or during Rain? hopefully that design accounted for important don't ever wanna get wet parts i.e. Battery, Alternator, etc.

if you get sick of the wrap...another option would be putting on multiple layers of a super dark pearl color to make it look like its wrapped far away and up close still show that beautiful carbon fiber
whoismiked (02-29-20)
Old 02-29-20, 06:49 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by GR3Y5H3ART
love to keep Carbon Fiber parts as is but for your Build...it looks sooo much cleaner being wrapped! awesome looking ride

question, are those Vents open and any problems at Car Wash or during Rain? hopefully that design accounted for important don't ever wanna get wet parts i.e. Battery, Alternator, etc.

if you get sick of the wrap...another option would be putting on multiple layers of a super dark pearl color to make it look like its wrapped far away and up close still show that beautiful carbon fiber
Thanks for the compliments GR3Y5H3ART!

The vents are open (and each covered with black diamond pattern mesh grills), but it seems Sebion actually put some thought / engineering into the placement of the placement of the vents, none of them are over anything that would cause any problems getting wet (no electrical components, belts, ect). I've only had the hood 2 days now and haven't gotten it wet yet but this was something I was thinking of also and inspected the placement and drainage of each of them after installing and everything appears to be no problem, nor have I heard of any issues from anyone else running this hood.

Yeah it was kind of sad to cover that beautiful carbon fiber, and trust me Seibons CF is top of the line quality and beautiful, I thought long and hard about whether to wrap or paint it or not, but decided that I want to stick with my all blacked out theme I got going on, so decided to wrap. Went wrap instead of paint match so I could always remove it if I decided to. Even without me having the all black theme, my personal taste is I'm not really a fan of carbon exterior parts unless you have a lot of it spread all around the car. With a different base color car, like a gray/silver like your car, I probably would have kept it CF though.
Old 02-29-20, 12:58 PM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

good to hear that Seibon built a quality Hood with functional vents...dissipating any Engine Heat is a good thing for sure

since your in TX and you guys do get rain...if its something like a torrential downpour and you cleaned your engine bay or wanna block large amounts of large, slapping on some heat resistant tape under the vents should work

my biggest concern is what tape could resist engine temps in rain weather

whoismiked (02-29-20)
Old 02-29-20, 07:01 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by GR3Y5H3ART
good to hear that Seibon built a quality Hood with functional vents...dissipating any Engine Heat is a good thing for sure

since your in TX and you guys do get rain...if its something like a torrential downpour and you cleaned your engine bay or wanna block large amounts of large, slapping on some heat resistant tape under the vents should work

my biggest concern is what tape could resist engine temps in rain weather
The tape idea is a good one, I kinda planned on something like that when I washed my car just because it would be take like 2 minutes to tape them up, so why not?

I still feel the vents are lined up in good spots were there would be nothing to worry about and have not heard a complaint from anyone else that has this hood, but your heat tape idea on a massive rain day might not be a bad idea.

Also, GR3Y5H3ART, off topic but I've been meaning to mention to you that I think you are a great part of this community, in your few months here I've seen you post a lot of great content, helpful guides, and informative replies, glad to have you in the community!
Old 03-02-20, 08:56 PM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Coming together so nicely. Really good job loving it. And not just cause I have one (black/black non F-sport 2014) but I especially like that it's the base model. Very original/ unique, and personally I like the base front bumper better. Just dont like my plastic trim grille, but anyways.

What vinyl did you use to wrap that? From here it looks like it matches well, does it?
I bet it took a lot of guts to wrap that new CF hood haha but looks grea .
whoismiked (03-03-20)

Quick Reply: Deezy's 2014 IS