Old 07-06-21, 03:34 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,369 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked
89904-53512 on the Fob (I paid $231)
and
69515-30350 for the blank key

I had a buddy with a high end scan tool program the fob and paid around $45 for the blank key to be cut
Thanks!

Awesome job on all the upgrades. The front/rear camera setup can come in handy.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
AquaMayne (07-14-21), whoismiked (07-06-21)
Old 07-06-21, 03:38 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Thanks!

Awesome job on all the upgrades. The front/rear camera setup can come in handy.
Thank you good sir, and thank you for all the amazing info and help you always provide, you are a legend!
The following 2 users liked this post by whoismiked:
AquaMayne (07-12-21), Sasnuke (07-07-21)
Old 07-08-21, 08:50 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,723 Likes on 1,896 Posts

Nice updates!

89904-53512 on the Fob (I paid $231)
and
69515-30350 for the blank key (I paid $40)

I had a buddy with a high end scan tool program the fob and paid around $45 for the blank key to be cut
I need to do this! With my wife's car's Digital Key (card key) combined with this, I would also have no need to carry fobs.
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (07-08-21)
Old 07-08-21, 09:33 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by arentz07
Nice updates!

I need to do this! With my wife's car's Digital Key (card key) combined with this, I would also have no need to carry fobs.
Thanks!

Yeah, I love The CC fob more than I thought I would, it's a game changer. I park in my garage which has a keypad to get into the house, so no more keys or fobs clogging my pockets for me! Love it

Edit: and as a bonus, it prevents me from leaving the house and forgetting my wallet, which I have done more times than I'd like to admit, but now I can't forget my wallet because my wallet starts my car

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-09-21 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-12-21, 07:55 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Thanks!

Yeah, I love The CC fob more than I thought I would, it's a game changer. I park in my garage which has a keypad to get into the house, so no more keys or fobs clogging my pockets for me! Love it

Edit: and as a bonus, it prevents me from leaving the house and forgetting my wallet, which I have done more times than I'd like to admit, but now I can't forget my wallet because my wallet starts my car
This is genius. Didn't think about the wallet dependency.
Next thing I'm doing!
whoismiked (07-12-21)
Old 07-14-21, 11:37 PM
AquaMayne
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey man! Would you post pictures of your sub setup, like location of the sub and amp? Not sure if you did already i couldnt find it.
whoismiked (07-15-21)
Old 07-15-21, 05:54 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by AquaMayne
Hey man! Would you post pictures of your sub setup, like location of the sub and amp? Not sure if you did already i couldnt find it.
Sure, my box is nothing too special though (and honestly not what I'd recommend for the IS). It's just a ported bandpass box with amp & LOC mounted to the back of it. I was going to do one of those corner fit boxes, but since I already had the JL Audio 12W6 sub & box from a previous build/vehicle, I used it because it's a beast of a speaker (but honestly, it's way overkill for the size of the IS). Also the 12W6 is a behemoth of a speaker and needs a little bit more space than what the corner box provides. The Corner box and a more moderate sub is what I would suggest (more info on that at the end of this post).

My box ends before the pivot point on the floor door, so I can still access my spare tire compartment (let's see if I trigger someone's OCD with the grill logo and the speaker logo not lined up )

If I didn't already have the box from my previous vehicle and the massive W6 needing more space, I would have went with something like this instead, most subs would do just fine in something like this:

^ I'd recommend something like this over anything like my box if you have a more moderate sub, especially if this car is your daily, so you could still have full trunk space.

Last edited by whoismiked; 08-09-21 at 04:11 PM.
AquaMayne (07-15-21)
Old 07-15-21, 04:48 PM
AquaMayne
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

[][] I'd recommend something like this over anything like my box if you have a more moderate sub, especially if this car is your daily, so you could still have full trunk space.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing!! I definitely wanna get a sub, but know absolutely nothing about wiring and boxes, and all that. What size sub would you reccomend? It doesn't need to be a giant, just something to give the bass a little more "umph"
Is that corner box something custom made, or can i buy a box like that? I would prefer the corner box, but i dont know if i could make one, ive never messed with that hard fibre stuff they use. I saw one guy made one custom, and damn did it turn out nice, but im not sure id be able to pull it off haha. The wiring is what scares me the most though, id want it all enclosed within the car so it still looks nice. The one thing about living in a small town, is that there are literally only 2 IS here, mine being one, and the other one is basically stock everything so i couldn't go to him for help.
whoismiked (07-15-21)
Old 07-15-21, 05:13 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by AquaMayne

Thanks for sharing!! I definitely wanna get a sub, but know absolutely nothing about wiring and boxes, and all that. What size sub would you reccomend? It doesn't need to be a giant, just something to give the bass a little more "umph"
Is that corner box something custom made, or can i buy a box like that? I would prefer the corner box, but i dont know if i could make one, ive never messed with that hard fibre stuff they use. I saw one guy made one custom, and damn did it turn out nice, but im not sure id be able to pull it off haha. The wiring is what scares me the most though, id want it all enclosed within the car so it still looks nice. The one thing about living in a small town, is that there are literally only 2 IS here, mine being one, and the other one is basically stock everything so i couldn't go to him for help.
10" or 12" sub is what you'd want. A 10" would be totally fine assuming it is a good quality speaker and amp.

The corner box is sold online pre-made and you can add a sub / amp, carpet color, ect on the site (and I'm actually surprised that their prices on amps and speakers are a good deal, rather than a markup. Speaker & amp options are limited on their site to JL audio options, they must be a JL dealer, that would explain the good/fair price on the speakers and amps... but JL audio are good quality products), or just get the enclosure and fill it with your own choices purchased elsewhere if you prefer.

https://shop.wickedcas.com/lexus---2...box-bass-.html

And here is a thread discussing this exact enclosure and everyone in that thread who has it loves it:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-3rd-gen-2014-present/885617-has-anyone-bought-this-custom-subwoofer-enclosure.html

As far as wiring up a system, yeah if you don't have the knowledge / experience with wiring a system, then take it to a car audio shop and have them do it, it will cost more $ but it will be done professionally, everything hidden, and they should warranty their work

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-17-21 at 11:58 AM.
AquaMayne (07-21-21)
Old 07-21-21, 05:21 AM
mrlmf7
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default parts

Where can I get some of those 3d printed under seat AC duct adapters and the Lexus door lights?
AquaMayne (07-21-21)
Old 07-21-21, 05:38 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by mrlmf7
Where can I get some of those 3d printed under seat AC duct adapters
I got AC seat adapaters from this seller:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HldMyBeerEngineering

But sadly they are currently sold out ( I advertised how awesome they were in too many threads, sorry! ) and I now see a message on his profile that states:

Cheers! As you may have noticed, alot of the store's popular items are currently out of stock. This is due to an unprecedented amount of orders coming in within the last month combined with 3d filament shortages due to the pandemic. While I struggle to catch up all the orders, I have had to choose to not renew items as they go out of stock until a later time when orders are caught up. This is something that I did not want to do, but I had no choice due to the amount of orders.

I hope to have all listing available again within a month, and will try to find ways to allow more orders to flow through the store without issue once I get my head above water.

Thanks for your patience and your support
So looks like you will have to check back later when he restocks and produces some more, they are awesome and worth it though.

If you have, or know someone who has access to a 3D printer, the maker of these did upload the 3D print file for free:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...nted-duct.html

the Lexus door lights?

Which Lexus door lights are you referring to? The logo that's projected onto the ground, or the illuminated Lexus door sill kick plates?

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-21-21 at 07:27 AM.
AquaMayne (07-21-21)
Old 07-29-21, 11:11 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Sneak peek at one of my incoming mods, it's already finished being custom made, but still waiting for it to ship to me

After installing my carbon fiber steering wheel, the part of my steering wheel that stood out as not very attractive was the eczema looking plastic on the airbag cover.

I noticed the 2021 models had a better looking cover, but I still wanted something a little nicer looking and would match my wheel better, but similar in style to the OEM 2021 cover. I found the right person and the right combo to suit what I was looking for to be custom made!

Current wheel with OEM air bag cover:

Will be soon replacing it with a black leather cover with royal blue stitching (same color as the stitching on my wheel) and carbon fiber Lexus emblem.

I will also be replacing the left and right button trim with some higher quality carbon fiber covers instead of the cheap ones I have on there now and they will actually fill in the gap on the right side where the radar cruise control button usually goes, which my car doesn't have.

Also, I removed the Carbon fiber paddle shifter extensions. I gave them a shot, they felt great in the hands, but I think they were ugly and to be honest I rarely ever use the paddle shifters anyways. Might upgrade these to actual carbon fiber paddles at some point, rather than cheap extensions, but not in a hurry for this.

As with any cosmetic mod, looks are subjective and this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I very much like it.

If anyone wants any custom carbon fiber parts, I have the guy for you! He can pretty much do anything to your spec, he is actually a member on here and has his own site now. This guy is super cool and can get some really awesome unique stuff made.

CL Member = NikNikNik
His website: https://carbon-bits.com/
He shows a lot of custom made stuff on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/carbonbitsllc/

Last edited by whoismiked; 07-29-21 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-07-21, 02:38 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

New custom AB cover installed today, looks great imo

Bout time to clean my alcantara grips already, I really need to quit messing around inside my car when I'm working on things and have dirty hands lol

Last edited by whoismiked; 08-07-21 at 02:51 PM.
CASeoul (08-09-21)
Old 08-09-21, 05:05 AM
mrlmf7
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes those are the ones on the door.

Last edited by mrlmf7; 08-09-21 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-09-21, 05:22 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

the Lexus door lights?
Which Lexus door lights are you referring to? The logo that's projected onto the ground, or the illuminated Lexus door sill kick plates?
Yes those are the ones.
Hello

Okay, if you are still asking about the door lights, I am still unsure which you are talking about as they are 2 different products but I'll talk about both.

The Logo projectors - I got these on amazon, but they can be found on ebay also, just search "Lexus logo Projector door light".

Like these:
Amazon Amazon

--

The metal plates in the bottom door sill where the "Lexus" is lit up are called "Lexus OEM illuminated door sills" I found these on ebay. These are actually made by Lexus, so I purchased them from a Lexus dealer on ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/23275465155...QAAOSwLVZVlYIk

Install video guide can be found here:

Hope this helps, cheers!

Quick Reply: Deezy's 2014 IS