Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

My 14' Obsidian Black F-Sport...Labor of Love.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-19, 10:14 AM
maclem8223
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Default My 14' Obsidian Black F-Sport...Labor of Love.

I purchased this car back in June of 2018. I worked for Lexus for several years and have always been a huge fan of the GS, so when the opportunity arrived, I pulled the trigger. Black was not my first choice and is a labor of love. Cabarnet interior was mandatory though and I love it �� Cell phone pics for now until I can find my camera battery charger….

First up was a simple and subtle mod but I really like it. GX front emblem:

VS Stock:

Here are the part #’s for this mod if someone is interested. Only hard part was getting the old base retainers off.

Part #’s
Base: 5314260011
Emblem: 9097502083
Base Retainers: 9018306044 ***Need 2 of these***

Next was to do something about all the dings on the interior aluminum door trim from seat belts hitting it and what not. I went with a 3M Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap by completely removing each piece of trim. Came out pretty good but I think I would like to redo it with a higher quality wrap. I’m open to suggestions here.

Next! SK style front splitter from Ebay. Link here. I recently painted it with Duplicolor Custom Wrap Onyx Black. Fitments isn’t 100% but really good.

On to that wheel gap and fitment. Josh at @Meraki Autoworks was great with my questions and fast shipping. RSR Best-I Active Coils and H&R DRM spacers. 20mm front and 25mm rear. Loving the ride and look so far, been about a 1000 miles. The wheels sit really flush and the coils seem to have settled a bit. Pretty conservative drop for now.

typo

Last edited by maclem8223; 11-30-19 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Y
Old 11-20-19, 10:15 AM
maclem8223
Pit Crew

I wanted to address the lack of maintenance to the poor, poor, black paint next. However; I’m not a detailer so I went down a big rabbit hole online, bought a lot of quality products and took the plunge into a 3-stage paint correction for the first time. On a black car, no less lol. I am very happy with the results and my cell phone pics won’t do it justice, but I get out about 90% of all scratches and buttoned it all up with some CQuartz Ceramic Coating. Unfortunately, front bumper and hood are beyond repair of a detail and some Dr. ColorChip so I am going to probably look into getting them both resprayed and then the front end covered with ppf.

I've always thought Lexus' Infotainment was behind the times so I read this thread and took the plunge. Love the VL2 even with some of it's quirks. I mounted it to the top of the glove box with room to spare for replacing the cabin filter.

Next…..simple and cheap and a big difference. Rear taillight red overlays. Love it. Links all over the place for these.

Randomly browsing CL and came across this thread. Haven’t installed a stereo in over a decade and I got excited by the clean look. Bought the box and paired it up with a JL 12W1v3 and JX500 with Audiocontrol LC2i. Sounds amazing and looks great. Wires are getting cleaned up a bit more this weekend

Last for now was to do something about the curb rash the previous owner left me with on all four wheels. I went about using this thread as a guide and let’s just say the paint didn’t match…..like…at all. Whatever, I’ll just refinish them all and completely repaint them. 2 coats primer, 3 coats paint, 3 coats clear. I think it came out really good, little darker and not as glossy as OEM.

Not sure what all I have in store next. Would like to black out all the chrome but would like to just order a pre-cut kit. Not sure if one exist for our model. Summer wheels/tires are on schedule for next year, maybe a roof spoiler. Other than that, pretty happy with where she sits.
Oh, and the fog lights....let's not talk about them. Yeah, this is the big mod I took on this past summer and still haven't gotten them to work. I went the full oem route with the Nigel kit to include the oem stalk. Something with the wiring but I can't figure it out, I suck with wires...I'll finish that mod one of these days

Last edited by maclem8223; 11-21-19 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typoz
The following 2 users liked this post by maclem8223:
anish3232 (11-26-19), CushionPk (11-22-19)
Old 11-20-19, 12:02 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 690 Likes on 607 Posts

Thanks! Looks great!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-21-19, 05:18 AM
Tspinning
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great, nice attention to detail and well done an ambitious but rewarding paint correction project!

Not sure if it's the style you are going for, but perhaps consider one of the carbon fiber hoods in liu of repainting that?

Cheers, and keep spinning!
Old 11-21-19, 05:59 AM
maclem8223
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Tspinning
Looks great, nice attention to detail and well done an ambitious but rewarding paint correction project!

Not sure if it's the style you are going for, but perhaps consider one of the carbon fiber hoods in liu of repainting that?

Cheers, and keep spinning!
Not a bad idea, previous car of mine....

Yeah, I like carbon fiber Trunk ended up getting fully painted. 2.0 stroker with a 2871r. With awd, it was a fun car....
Old 11-24-19, 07:38 PM
GsLex02
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Great thread. Taking good care of her already. You can always look into roof spoilers, trunk spoilers,side skirts, and painted calipers. I’d like to do a slight drop also but coils are so damn expensive. Considering doing a minor drop on swift springs. I also have a black GS....much love 😎
The following users liked this post:
maclem8223 (11-25-19)
Old 11-25-19, 07:11 AM
maclem8223
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GsLex02
Great thread. Taking good care of her already. You can always look into roof spoilers, trunk spoilers,side skirts, and painted calipers. I’d like to do a slight drop also but coils are so damn expensive. Considering doing a minor drop on swift springs. I also have a black GS....much love 😎
Thanks. Roof spoiler will be happening, and painting the calipers; just need to decide on the color I want to do.
Old 11-26-19, 07:40 PM
anish3232
Driver

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Glad to see you like the sub enclosure. I wasn’t sure if he would even build one for the GS. Then he realized I was local and said he would make it for me if I had 2-3 hours. Couldn’t be happier, I really like mine and the fit is awesome and makes it look stock.
The following users liked this post:
maclem8223 (11-27-19)
Old 11-27-19, 05:35 AM
maclem8223
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by anish3232
Glad to see you like the sub enclosure. I wasn’t sure if he would even build one for the GS. Then he realized I was local and said he would make it for me if I had 2-3 hours. Couldn’t be happier, I really like mine and the fit is awesome and makes it look stock.
Yeah, it's a great quality box and fits really good. I didn't realize until seeing another of your post recently that he built it for a W3. I've got a W1 in there now and at my age, that is plenty lol.
Edit: And I'm 'kinda' local? Nashville area. Not a whole lot of CL members around here from what I can tell and the regional forum for our area is pretty much non-existant. Would love to get a meet up scheduled one weekend or something
Old 07-07-20, 01:25 PM
4GS
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

we're twins! i'm envious of your paint, hats off to you for following through on that!
Old 07-15-20, 04:23 PM
na350gs
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the carbon fiber on the trim? was it hard to take off the center trim to get it on? any chance you got pics or tips on where how I can get those off? Trying to do that on mine as well.