Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Exact procedure to check fluid level in aa80e transmission.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-19, 06:54 PM
Gsxrlover
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exact procedure to check fluid level in aa80e transmission.

Few weeks ago I popped a trans cooling line in my 2008 lexus isf, after doing a radiator swap. My bad!.. Thankfully I was at a stop light! I immediately shut the car off and get it towed to the stealer ship. They popped the drain plug and and said it was bone dry. So I leave it there over night, Get a call the next day and they say its its filled and drives perfect. Low and behold it does. Next day I wake up and start my car and let it warm up for 20 mins befor i head to work as I always do. back down the drive way and pull out put it in drive and as it shift from second to 3rd i feel it slip. So i do some research find out the fluid levels could be wrong and that the transmission isnt building enough pressure to shift right. So befor I pull out the next morning I hold it in reverse for a about 1 min, then back down and as I drive off it shifts perfectly in to every gear. The next few times I do not replicate this and it slips! Every time. but then drives fine the rest of the day.. If I hold it in gear befor I drive off the pressure builds up and it shift perfect right off the bat. now I call Kuni lexus of Portland and they say this is a sealed unit and there is no procedure to do fluid level check.. I know this is bull **** cause other sealed units have a procedure to check fluid level. Can some one pointed me in the right direction

Last edited by Gsxrlover; 12-09-19 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-10-19, 10:16 AM
KenISF
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gsxrlover
Few weeks ago I popped a trans cooling line in my 2008 lexus isf, after doing a radiator swap. My bad!.. Thankfully I was at a stop light! I immediately shut the car off and get it towed to the stealer ship. They popped the drain plug and and said it was bone dry. So I leave it there over night, Get a call the next day and they say its its filled and drives perfect. Low and behold it does. Next day I wake up and start my car and let it warm up for 20 mins befor i head to work as I always do. back down the drive way and pull out put it in drive and as it shift from second to 3rd i feel it slip. So i do some research find out the fluid levels could be wrong and that the transmission isnt building enough pressure to shift right. So befor I pull out the next morning I hold it in reverse for a about 1 min, then back down and as I drive off it shifts perfectly in to every gear. The next few times I do not replicate this and it slips! Every time. but then drives fine the rest of the day.. If I hold it in gear befor I drive off the pressure builds up and it shift perfect right off the bat. now I call Kuni lexus of Portland and they say this is a sealed unit and there is no procedure to do fluid level check.. I know this is bull **** cause other sealed units have a procedure to check fluid level. Can some one pointed me in the right direction
WHole thread on this
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...tructions.html