Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Lexus 3is custom wireless charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-20, 02:55 PM
Lutsiv5703
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lexus 3is custom wireless charger

What’s up guys, I just wanted to share a project I finished up for my Lexus IS200t 2016. Since I got my Lexus I’ve always felt like the place to put your phone in front of the cup holders is missing a wireless charger so I decided to add one myself. I used the internals of a Samsung wireless charger. I designed and 3D printed a piece to house the wireless charging coil and circuit board. I designed it to fit into the slot for your phone. I removed the rubber mat in the slot in order to have more room for the 3D printed piece and phone. It’s just secured with some adhesive, really easy to take out. As for the wiring I drilled a small hole and routed the wire into the center console where I connected it to the 12v power using a 12v to 5v converter. I went to Joan fabrics and picked out a black leather like material to put over the wireless charging coil to give an OEM like look. I was looking for some type of rubber material like the oem rubber mat but couldn’t find anything like that so ended up using the black leather like material. I think it turned out pretty nice. QUICK DISCLAIMER: I have an iPhone X and the slot is just big enough for the phone to fit. Anything bigger then an iPhone X won’t work. The iPhone X’s shape perfectly fits in the slot.

This whole trim piece pops of so you can connect your wire to power in the center console. Gives it a nice clean cable free look.

Thats the charging coil and the circuit board in on the back side of the 3d printed insert.

This is the black Leather like material i was talking about. I glued the leather material to a thin piece of plastic to give it a even look.

Finished and installed in my car.

Let me know what you guys think and feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by Lutsiv5703; 01-27-20 at 03:29 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Lutsiv5703:
GR3Y5H3ART (03-25-20), m1919 (01-27-20), mxpx148 (01-13-24), Soldat79 (10-06-21), Soljarag (04-24-20), Wanitive (01-11-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-20, 03:15 PM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

That is a pretty sweet intuitive mod, nicely done!
The following 2 users liked this post by whoismiked:
350RWD (01-31-22), Lutsiv5703 (01-27-20)
Old 01-27-20, 03:17 PM
m1919
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Nice work, looks OE.
The following users liked this post:
Lutsiv5703 (01-27-20)
Old 01-27-20, 03:23 PM
Lutsiv5703
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whoismiked
That is a pretty sweet intuitive mod, nicely done!
Thank you 🙏!!
Old 01-27-20, 03:24 PM
Lutsiv5703
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by m1919
Nice work, looks OE.
Thank you!! Yeah that’s what I was going for. Nice factory like look.
Old 01-28-20, 05:10 AM
Gladius
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Good job! Looks good!
Old 03-25-20, 10:36 PM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

nice work! i feel old school still using a regular cable to charge my Phone....

i believe certain 2020+ models have some form of wireless charging as Standard equipment...you are definitely ahead of the curve!
Old 09-30-21, 10:58 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Lutsiv5703
What’s up guys, I just wanted to share a project I finished up for my Lexus IS200t 2016. Since I got my Lexus I’ve always felt like the place to put your phone in front of the cup holders is missing a wireless charger so I decided to add one myself. I used the internals of a Samsung wireless charger. I designed and 3D printed a piece to house the wireless charging coil and circuit board. I designed it to fit into the slot for your phone. I removed the rubber mat in the slot in order to have more room for the 3D printed piece and phone. It’s just secured with some adhesive, really easy to take out. As for the wiring I drilled a small hole and routed the wire into the center console where I connected it to the 12v power using a 12v to 5v converter. I went to Joan fabrics and picked out a black leather like material to put over the wireless charging coil to give an OEM like look. I was looking for some type of rubber material like the oem rubber mat but couldn’t find anything like that so ended up using the black leather like material. I think it turned out pretty nice. QUICK DISCLAIMER: I have an iPhone X and the slot is just big enough for the phone to fit. Anything bigger then an iPhone X won’t work. The iPhone X’s shape perfectly fits in the slot.

This whole trim piece pops of so you can connect your wire to power in the center console. Gives it a nice clean cable free look.

Thats the charging coil and the circuit board in on the back side of the 3d printed insert.

This is the black Leather like material i was talking about. I glued the leather material to a thin piece of plastic to give it a even look.

Nice mod, I'm thinking to put the Apple MagSafe charger into there too!

Old 09-30-21, 11:11 PM
wongnee
Intermediate

I actually bought a panel with integrated wireless charger which has a much wider space that may fit a larger phone than the OE panel. The largest phone I tried that fits is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9...

Old 10-19-21, 05:58 AM
CASeoul
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by wongnee
I actually bought a panel with integrated wireless charger which has a much wider space that may fit a larger phone than the OE panel. The largest phone I tried that fits is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9...

Mind sharing where you bought this? Hows it fit after install?
Old 10-19-21, 06:36 AM
wongnee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CASeoul
Mind sharing where you bought this? Hows it fit after install?
I got it from taobao.com

Beware while you are searching for this because a few products share the same plastic housing but the charging solutions are completely different.
Old 10-19-21, 11:59 AM
zhifan1
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by wongnee
I got it from taobao.com

Beware while you are searching for this because a few products share the same plastic housing but the charging solutions are completely different.
Will this fit 2016 IS200t?
Old 12-04-21, 05:35 PM
armanivnn
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing! Looks clean too and perfect location
Old 01-11-24, 04:53 PM
whitti
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lutsiv5703

Hello, this is super cool, do you have the 3D file you used to print this by chance?